Clinton Dix vs Jeff Heath

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Dix replacing Heath is more of a lateral move than a upgrade. I too was surprised Heath left, given his time with the team.
Matters what your DC prioritizes in the backfield
Pass Coverage Upgrade, Run Stopping Downgrade

cowboyec

Reaction score
Dix replacing Heath is more of a lateral move than a upgrade. I too was surprised Heath left, given his time with the team.
i think its an up-grade,personaly.
i liked Heath....good dude.
but we needed to address that spot.
im glad they did and may not be done.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Spectacular plays? The issue with Heath is I can remember every one of them.

They were few and far between.

I did say some and not many. The one he stopped Derek Carr from a diving score into the end zone likely prevented the Raiders from winning that game in 2018.

Jeff Heath has played 7 seasons for the Cowboys. He has 8 interceptions, 267 solo tackles, 79 assists, and scored 1 touchdown. I believe had more interceptions than any of our corner-backs in that time span.
I would say he was productive, just inconsistent as a strong safety. He could also knock you into next week.

I understand why we let him go and that we are upgrading and am very excited about that. But give the man his fair due.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was surprised when Heath left the Cowboys, but he might have wanted more money than what the Cowboys were willing to pay. Heath is a more aggressive tackler, but Dix shows up in the right place. Probably a somewhat lateral move to acquire Dix, but his salary is workable, and we are starting to get close to a cap crunch if Dak stays franchised.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Both are mediocre tacklers, but Dix has 20 career turnovers compared to 9 for Heath and Heath has 1 more year in the league.
Yeah but Heath also didn't start for the longest time...he just finally started a couple seasons ago except when there was major injuries and he was in.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, haven't forgotten about them. I just read so much of the CowboysZone and how bad Heath is that by virtue of him not being on the field anymore should boost the defense into top notch territory.
I actually like Jeff I thought he was a solid football player and you have to have guys like him on your team. Give me a team full of Jeff’s and I’ll win a championship. You can keep the prima donnas

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I actually like Jeff I thought he was a solid football player and you have to have guys like him on your team. Give me a team full of Jeff’s and I’ll win a championship. You can keep the prima donnas
I liked him, too.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I could disagree so much. He’d never had a problem reading the play. He had a problem taking the angle. Obviously you’re right you weren’t paying attention
He was late reading the play. That's why he looked slow on the angles. Kinda your big mouth.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He was late reading the play. That's why he looked slow on the angles. Kinda your big mouth.
SomeoneCan’t handle being challenged LMAO you won’t survive here long. With that attitude. You’re not stating an opinion you’re stating a fact and your affect is wrong

RoboQB

Reaction score
Heath was/is a SS.
HHCD is a FS.

It's like some of you don't even try... lol

By the way, we will all be complaining about our new FS
by midseason.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
I despise these 1 year contracts. Especially for younger guys that are decent. It makes all the sense for players that are confident and will bounce back and zero sense for the team paying them to prove themselves. Essentially if Clinton Dix has a good year, he will be gone next. Zero continuity. Idiotic.
Ya drives me crazy

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I have not paid much attention to Ha Ha since he has been in the NFL. This is more of a starter kit for those of you that are in the same boat as myself. Interesting comparison for the Jeff Heath haters towards the end as well. Is Hilarious a better player than Heath? You make the call.

Dix is a better overall safety, but Heath would have been a quality backup at both positions and a core STer at less money. With both Dix and Woods in contract years, we've got to develop some young guys to take over for them next year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I was surprised when Heath left the Cowboys, but he might have wanted more money than what the Cowboys were willing to pay. Heath is a more aggressive tackler, but Dix shows up in the right place. Probably a somewhat lateral move to acquire Dix, but his salary is workable, and we are starting to get close to a cap crunch if Dak stays franchised.
Heath is the worst tackler I have ever seen

Hadenough

Reaction score
SomeoneCan’t handle being challenged LMAO you won’t survive here long. With that attitude. You’re not stating an opinion you’re stating a fact and your affect is wrong
Do you realize how stupid you sound!