Clinton Dix vs Jeff Heath

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What I found odd about the tackles shown in the video was that he was going low to make tackles when he didn't need to. Primarily in the first example. Ha Ha had the angle, why go low?

So he wouldn't get bowled over.

Flamma

Reaction score
So he wouldn't get bowled over.

Bowled over isn't the point. No one was attempting to do that. No running back was coming at him straight on. They were running away. He had the angle yet chose to undercut the runner..

jjktkk

Reaction score
I despise these 1 year contracts. Especially for younger guys that are decent. It makes all the sense for players that are confident and will bounce back and zero sense for the team paying them to prove themselves. Essentially if Clinton Dix has a good year, he will be gone next. Zero continuity. Idiotic.
Well then it would be 4 teams that decided Dix isn't worth keeping around. Guys like Dix can be replaced.

Rayman70

Reaction score
THOUGHT I saw where Jerry and Stephen Jones were twerking on the yacht after they signed Dix...just a rumor.

quickccc

Reaction score
and since Ha- Ha is now on the Cowboys menu table roster, i'm sure several posters here will hype and yahoo into making Dix seem like he is much better, much more improved over Jeff Heath. and how many teams has he been on now in the last 3 years ? o_O

cowboyec

Reaction score
and since Ha- Ha is now on the Cowboys menu table roster, i'm sure several posters here will hype and yahoo into making Dix seem like he is much better, much more improved over Jeff Heath. and how many teams has he been on now in the last 3 years ? o_O
so bring back everyone on a under-achieving defense...got it.:thumbup:

Verdict

Reaction score
I have not paid much attention to Ha Ha since he has been in the NFL. This is more of a starter kit for those of you that are in the same boat as myself. Interesting comparison for the Jeff Heath haters towards the end as well. Is Hilarious a better player than Heath? You make the call.

I am probably in the minority but I think Heath is a better player than Laughing Hysterically.

Verdict

Reaction score
Clinton-Dix is a band-aid stop gap and nothing more. Proof? He got a one year deal. Nothing screams “stop-gap” like a one year deal for a 27 year old on his 4th team in 6 seasons.

We need to draft a safety early in the draft IMO.

Dint be surprised if Laughing Hysterically doesn’t make the cut to 53.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good work Kelz! I didnt know much about Dix either but I like his instincts for reading the play slightly better than Heath.
He looked like he knew where to be. I saw a lot of Dallas players over running plays instead of containment assignments. Partly blame the scheme.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Ha Ha is a better player than Heath.
and if the board falls right....they still draft a S.
im glad they finally recognize the position and that it needed to be addressed.

so did others on here....until they did.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
TAKLE_EFF_S1-768x431.jpg

This is a bit surprising hearing how so many people on here complain about his tackling.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
TAKLE_EFF_S1-768x431.jpg

This is a bit surprising hearing how so many people on here complain about his tackling.
Adrian Peterson made him look bad once, and Byron's last year at safety Heath had some injuries that forced them to switch positions and Byron had no business being in the box.

jjktkk

Reaction score
and yet you'd think we just let Cliff Harris walk out the building.
Dix replacing Heath is more of a lateral move than a upgrade. I too was surprised Heath left, given his time with the team.