Cloudy 46 degrees in Buffalo 12/17/2023

JustChip

Reaction score
Right! I live in Rochester. People in Texas see one big storm on the news and think its a frequent occurrence. We'll get 6 inches maybe 5 or 6 times a winter
I spent a month in Rochester mid-January to mid-February in 1974. Rode the train up from NYC and it started snowing about Poughkeepsie and didn’t let up all the way to Rochester. Ended up with 9-10”. It snowed a couple more times while I was there, but nothing like that first snow. We had a good time getting to see Niagara Falls frozen. Folks in Rochester were great.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I spent a month in Rochester mid-January to mid-February in 1974. Rode the train up from NYC and it started snowing about Poughkeepsie and didn’t let up all the way to Rochester. Ended up with 9-10”. It snowed a couple more times while I was there, but nothing like that first snow. We had a good time getting to see Niagara Falls frozen. Folks in Rochester were great.
Kodak Era Rochester was a nice place to be. Slowly coming back around. Kodak hit the city hard

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Bills fans are just Steeler fans who cant afford the bus fare to Pittsburgh. Anyway, The Bills dont play well in the snow either. They dont run the ball well enough. Their defence has been a mess since Milano went out. They are not playing well. They are desperate though. Just a shame there will be no Diggs on Diggs crime though.

CCBoy

Reaction score
A bit premature but better than -5 with wind chills -20 :)
Not too soon during physical recovery time, to prepare for the next opponent one is going to 'war' against. Hey, Buffalo took a step towards the playoffs theirselves. Kansas City is not a play ground affair coming. Practice, practice, practice...start with an explanation of next mission, coach. Keep the focus of team directed with where this battle is going right now. Fans, start paying attention and not with the next complaint.

I was in 60 below wind chill that froze tank tracks so solid it took us 6 hours just to move tanks. You have to deal with those conditions on the level that it is. Focus then is always the tool. Tough is on the front edge and no easy way around it. One still has to win. That still takes a rehearsed team and Mike McCarthy is fully aware of Green Bay weather types.

Last edited:

JustChip

Reaction score
Kodak Era Rochester was a nice place to be. Slowly coming back around. Kodak hit the city hard
I was in telecom and there for Stromberg-Carlson. One of the components in their system were switches in little glass tubes about 1/2” long and 1/4” diameter. They’d come off the line in buckets and there were women that inspected every single one through a magnifying glass and that’s what they did all day long. I though I would go crazy or blind if I had to do that. We socialized with some and, truth be told, they were a little crazy, but in a good way.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Last Bills/Dallas game a few years ago when Kellen Moore was at QB there were twice as many Cowboys jerseys in the stands. Twice as many as Bills.
No there wasn't lol

More Cowboys fans than you'd expect to see this year, but certainly not whatever degree you're referring to.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Having been to a game there when my brother use to coach in Buffalo, that is very fine weather in December. Lol Brother use to tell me his girls, went to school with the amount of snow, he and I grow up in NC would shut down our school for months back in the day.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hopefully it’s not blizzard conditions or below zero next weekend. The weather conditions can really have an effect on the passing game so we better hope we’re able to run the ball next week in the event the weather isn’t favorable. We better work on defending Josh Allen who can really run with the football. He’s also a very physical runner. Hurts was able to make some nice scrambles up the middle last night so we better tighten up.

Plankton

Reaction score
Biggest issue with that stadium is the wind. The bowl portion of the stadium is set below the ground, and the wind can be pretty brutal to deal with, especially late in the year.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Biggest issue with that stadium is the wind. The bowl portion of the stadium is set below the ground, and the wind can be pretty brutal to deal with, especially late in the year.
Occasional lake effect storms but really, it's not often that cold at this time of year. I'd be way more worried about wind/rain than snow/cold for sure.

The good thing is that the Bills, probably even more than the Cowboys, are a dome team lol

clmont

Reaction score
Great news to here. However, I'm not getting too hyped about that weather just yet because I know how suddenly weather can change in The Lone Star State. I'll check that weather forecast in another few days to see if anything changes. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COWBOYS!!!!