Clowney

lqmac1

Reaction score
He'll be a Cowboy if he slips out of the top-5. No way jerry is letting all these DE get snatched off the market without a plan. I don't see this being a splash-less off-season.

Angus12

Reaction score
Hoping somebody will fall out of the top 5, (he won't) then hoping to find a trade partner to mortgage our draft with is a plan?

Dear God, help us.

JackWagon

Reaction score
If I'm O'Brien ... i bet on myself and think i can get a QB in rounds 2-7 which means im taking Clowney #1.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I can see Dallas taking an OT with its first pick, I would perfer a DE/DT but if Donald is gone by 16 I can see this happening.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
ehh while its true Clowney is the best DE in this draft he is not so dominant that it would be worth mortgaging our draft for him. Not to mention giving up all those picks would kill or hopes of getting depth. So 1 injury takes us back to square one.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If I'm O'Brien, I take whoever I think is the best QB prospect. Teams are built around QBs, not DEs.

True.

But what if he doesn't think any of those top QBs are worth the #1, or even #10 pick? Why not get a player like Clowney and still get a good QB prospect later. That only works if the first part of that sentence is true.
Or maybe trade down to Atlanta, for example, and STILL get one of the top QBs at #6 while also getting a 2015 1st rounder and 2014 3rd... or an additional 2nd and 3rd this year?

But yes, if he has a QB ranked anywhere near Clowney, or whoever they have at the top of their board, there's a good argument to take him. That's a big if though.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Just too much to move up for a non QB. Clowney, Mack, and Barr are likely to be gone by 16. If not, run up with your selection (Barr = slight possibility). Donald would be a great consolition prize if he drops. I wouldn't hate the Martin pick or a trade down if no one is worthy of the slot. I still like Pryor though the board has moved on (with DEs/Donald off the board).

DFWJC

Reaction score
Just too much to move up for a non QB. Clowney, Mack, and Barr are likely to be gone by 16. If not, run up with your selection. Donald would be a great consolition prize if he drops. I wouldn't hate the Martin pick or a trade down if no one is worthy of the slot. I still like Pryor though the board has moved on (with DEs/Donald off the board).

I really think Barr could be there at 16.
Maybe?
Barr= 35% chance
Mack = <5% chance
Clowney = 0

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I really think Barr could be there at 16.
Maybe 35% chance?
I would trip trying to run on up to the podium. Has all the tools you want in an edge rusher though I wish had more "polish" and moves in his game; similar to Mack. Would be a great selection for the DL (moreso than Donald in my opinion with the addition of Melton) and the lack of edge rushers presently on the team. Selvie is our best pass rusher at the moment.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Only splash you're going to hear Jerry make this offseason is that vodka hitting his cup.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He'll be a Cowboy if he slips out of the top-5. No way jerry is letting all these DE get snatched off the market without a plan. I don't see this being a splash-less off-season.

Possibly the only player I'd trade up for ... and I hate trading away draft picks.

Jerryrage

Reaction score
A football player with that kind of skill set doesn't get past the 3rd pick. He is the best player coming out of college. If the Cowboys got this dude, wow.. Nobody will care what happen to Ware.

I'll add one more thing, that isn't on the charts or graphs. The dude has heart and wants to be the best. That's something you can't teach.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
If Houston did draft him, we should be on the phone trying to acquire either Whitney Mercilus or Brooks Reed.

Or does Houston switch to a 4-3 now that there's a new staff?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I love new threads with absolute guarantees.