Clues tell us to expect an offensive heavy draft

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Happy draft day!

I heard both Jerry and Stephen state, if the defense stays the same, they expect improvement. Many young prospects are expected to take on larger roles. It appears they are banking on Dan Quinn as the teacher.

When you look at the 30 visits, which usually gives us a road map, the majority of the defensive players are more day 3 prospects or undrafted free agents. Jordan Davis was the only expected 1st rd prospect, where we saw 2 DT's, Sam Williams as day 2 players, but the rest were all day 3 guys.

3 Top receivers, 2 top Guards, 2 1st rd Tackles, 3 top TE's

I've heard from a few different insiders that the Cowboys want to reshape their offense in this year's draft. They want to get more physical and mentally tough.

I don't think it was a coincidence nor just a cap cutting move when the team decided to trade Amari Cooper, release Collins and allow Connor Williams to walk. They were part of the problem, no matter if it was on or off the field. They want to draft dogs, with an edge.

Based on the clues, my prediction is no defensive players until day 3. They believe they are covered enough at Edge, but not at Guard, WR and TE which will be the 1st 3 positions addressed barring any trades.

Sydla

Reaction score
Happy draft day!

I heard both Jerry and Stephen state, if the defense stays the same, they expect improvement. Many young prospects are expected to take on larger roles. It appears they are banking on Dan Quinn as the teacher.

When you look at the 30 visits, which usually gives us a road map, the majority of the defensive players are more day 3 prospects or undrafted free agents. Jordan Davis was the only expected 1st rd prospect, where we saw 2 DT's, Sam Williams as day 2 players, but the rest were all day 3 guys.

I've heard from a few different insiders that the Cowboys want to reshape their offense in this year's draft. They want to get more physical and mentally tough.

I don't think it was a coincidence nor just a cap cutting move when the team decided to trade Amari Cooper, release Collins and allow Connor Williams to walk. They were part of the problem, no matter if it was on or off the field. They want to draft dogs, with an edge.

Based on the clues, my prediction is no defensive players until day 3. They believe they are covered enough at Edge, but not at Guard, WR and TE which will be the 1st 3 positions addressed barring any trades.

LOL at thinking edge is covered so we have to go WR and TE first.

They really have zero clue what they are doing. 25 years and running.

JBS

Reaction score
They’re trading up for an offensive player today

the question is who falls into their range…I’m guessing it will be a WR

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They’re trading up for an offensive player today

the question is why falls into their range…I’m guessing it will be a WR
My guess Penning is their target.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Happy draft day!

They will take an edge at the 2nd or 3rd round pick. The board value is stronger for pass rusher then let’s say a tight end and the receivers will be eaten up by the second round. Plus they want Micah at middle linebacker. Now I could see the Cowboys double dipping on linemen if the right tackle drops in the second if they pick a guard at 24. This is gonna be fun:omg::muttley:

cowboyec

Reaction score
after a defensive heavy draft last year...i can see the scales this year tip toward offense.
get your qb some weapons and protection.
can't and won't ignore help on defense but i can see an offensive heavy draft.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I'm okay with an offense draft, as long as we go heavy on the oline and draft a TE that can actually block. Still, I'd rather see a balanced draft.

Sydla

Reaction score
The team has a real talent issue at DE, doesn't have much depth at LB, DT still lacks high level talent but yeah, let's just use all our prime picks on shiny offensive toys for Dak.

Seems like the exact thing Jerry would do. They have to justify that big contract to Dak so they have to surround him with the best talent they can find. Because if Dak is just OK, they will look foolish with that contract just like they look foolish with the Elliott contract.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They will take an edge at the 2nd or 3rd round pick. The board value is stronger for pass rusher then let’s say a tight end and the receivers will be eaten up by the second round. Plus they want Micah at middle linebacker. Now I could see the Cowboys double dipping on linemen if the right tackle drops in the second if they pick a guard at 24. This is gonna be fun:omg::muttley:
My gut instinct tells me, no defense until day 3 based on what I have read/heard.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
When you look at the 30 visits, which usually gives us a road map, the majority of the defensive players are more day 3 prospects or undrafted free agents.

Actually, it's the opposite. The majority (7 of the 13 defensive players) on our 30 visits list are rounds 1-3 prospects.

Jordan Davis-1st round
Devin Lloyd-1st
DeMarvin Leal-2nd
Quay Walker-2nd
Perrion Winfrey-2nd
Myjai Sanders-3rd
Sam Williams-3rd

cowboyec

Reaction score
unless we trade up,i think we'll pick from this group...
☆wr treylon burks,arkansas
☆wr drake london,usc
☆wr chris olave,ohio st
☆og kenyon green,texas a&m
☆og zion johnson,boston college
☆ot bernhard raimann,c michigan
☆ot tyler smith,tulsa
in there some where is the next ☆.

Aven8

Reaction score
Too many teams need WR’s with multiple picks in the first. We are not getting London.