Clutch Prescott

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I get what you are saying. But the reason some are called out is because we have a group of posters here that spam every thread with the same hateful negative post again and again. They call anyone who doesn’t agree that Dak is trash childish internet names. They have made this message board a toxic place.
So while I don’t like call outs I understand people are sick of the negative thread spammers.

I won’t call them out by name here but we know who they are.

I wish the Mods would start benching posters who continue to spam every thread with the same negative toxic posts. It’s fine to have opinions. It’s the repetitive spam of these opinions that starts to make this board toxic.
True.

I know they are not fans of the team.

That's a given.

They are fans of any team except ours.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I think I found a picture of him:

91r1naYJOoL._SL1500_.jpg

In all seriousness, I didn't see the game yesterday, but Dak must've been clutch from what I'm reading. He's good under pressure, you know? That's the mark of a good QB. He may not be great for most of the game, but he can win us games in the 4th which is critical, especially in the playoffs. I think people forget how nearly he got to winning the game for us against Green Bay in the playoffs, and that wasn't just by giving Zeke the ball.

Here's a vid of the whole game on YouTube, that channel usually also puts a condensed version of the whole game later in the week with everything cut out except the actual plays. Those are usually pretty cool, a whole game takes about 30 minutes to rewatch

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Dak isn't perfect. However, he gets it done. What really holds him back is the playcalling and the scheme. I still feel that if he plays the way he is most comfortable with and the coaches implement a scheme that is attuned to his style, we will be most effective.
They want him to be a pocket Qb. But he's not that

Dre11

Reaction score
LOL at anyone who thinks game winning drive stats mean anything.
Enjoy the win against the 5 win team thinking about an island vacation, Dak slobber boy. This season will end exactly one way for Dak. We’ll see when we get there if anyone can find the rock you are hiding under after it goes down.

Take your sorry *** to another board or team, anyone who express desire for any player to fail should be banned permanently. As a fan , you should hope it doesn't end the way you want.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
clutch performance by dak. no zeke and 4 backups on the offensive line. continues to click with gallup. reconnected with Beasley. nice throw to hurns. missed a pass to cooper that would have been a td. put the te's back in the game plan. all in all, a good performance. giants weren't rolling over. they wanted it bad. they blitzed often.
Credit must be given to the Giants and Eli.

As always..

they play us tough.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I don't necessarily believe this...

The only thing I disagree with strongly in the Dak narrative that has formed is that he needs an elite line and defense to win.

The defense has been trash until this season, and hasn’t exactly closed the year well.

And the line he is behind now is a shell of what it was in 2016. The line is more a concern of mine than it is the foundation of the team.

I do, however, agree that Dak needs a strong running game for long-term success. Yesterday was a deviation from that, but I wouldn’t want him in that kind of offense long term (pass heavy).

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Take your sorry *** to another board or team, anyone who express desire for any player to fail should be banned permanently. As a fan , you should hope it doesn't end the way you want.

I got to say, his take that game-winning drives and fourth quarter success for a QB don’t matter might be the first time I’ve ever heard such an argument be made.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It always amazes me the way people qualify stuff to agree with their points.

So what the Giants only had 5 wins and were missing players?

Like we didn't?

Almost the entire OL plus Zeke?

How do you get all of your players on the field after 16 games?

It doesn't happen.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The only thing I disagree with strongly in the Dak narrative that has formed is that he needs an elite line and defense to win.

The defense has been trash until this season, and hasn’t exactly closed the year well.

And the line he is behind now is a shell of what it was in 2016. The line is more a concern of mine than it is the foundation of the team.

I do, however, agree that Dak needs a strong running game for long-term success. Yesterday was a deviation from that, but I wouldn’t want him in that kind of offense long term (pass heavy).
Practice makes perfect.

I sort of disagree.

You have to give him the reps to build his game.

Which means mistakes at times.

But you live with it.

I once had a glass and mirror shop in West Palm Beach.

I had 10 people working for me.

2 guys that did the measuring and glass cutting at the shop.

2 more that loaded the trucks and checked supplies for the installations.

4 more installers..2 two man crews.

A full time secretary to answer phones.

A full time book keeper to handle tracking billing and collection.

2 salesmen that estimated jobs.

I did all of those jobs in order to keep things moving if somebody didn't show for work.

People made mistakes all the time and I had to eat the time and material lost.

But if somebody repeatedly messed up..

you replaced them.

But I gave guys many many chances to get it right before moving on.

It was a dangerous job.

You could get cut at any moment.

DAK is playing a dangerous game at the most vunerable position on the field.

I think we tend to forget that.

DAK keeps getting compared to guys like Brees, Brady, Ryan ,etc.

Guys with 15 or more years playing some of them.

DAK is doing fine for his third year.

Significant progress in the last half of 2018.

Last edited:
Reactions: CWR

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Here's a vid of the whole game on YouTube, that channel usually also puts a condensed version of the whole game later in the week with everything cut out except the actual plays. Those are usually pretty cool, a whole game takes about 30 minutes to rewatch

Beasley is a beast . Its sad some were asking for his head a few days ago .

Mark my words , Beasley in a team like NE would be a BEAST with beast numbers .

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Practice makes perfect.

I sort of disagree.

But you live with it.

Yeah, I don’t disagree with your rationale at all. Cowboy fans hate the Russell Wilson comparison, but I think he has grown so well in part because Seattle employed the strategy you speak of. They made their offense all about him, and he thrived.

Can Dak carry that much of a load?

CWR

Reaction score
LOL at anyone who thinks game winning drive stats mean anything.
Enjoy the win against the 5 win team thinking about an island vacation, Dak slobber boy. This season will end exactly one way for Dak. We’ll see when we get there if anyone can find the rock you are hiding under after it goes down.

Lmao, who in the heck thinks game winning drives matter???bwahahaha

Since when does winning and losing matter?? Dur da dur......duhhhh

CWR

Reaction score
It always amazes me the way people qualify stuff to agree with their points.

So what the Giants only had 5 wins and were missing players?

Like we didn't?

Almost the entire OL plus Zeke?

How do you get all of your players on the field after 16 games?

It doesn't happen.

Im convinced we have some straight up long time undercover trolls on here. Im talking about fans of the eagles and giants and so on that are such losers they come on a Cowboys message board to spew hate.

I mean how in the hell do you explain the misery that some endure AFTER A WIN?

CWR

Reaction score
Practice makes perfect.

I sort of disagree.

But you live with it.

I once had a glass and mirror shop in West Palm Beach.

I had 10 people working for me.

2 guys that did the measuring and glass cutting at the shop.

2 more that loaded the trucks and checked supplies for the installations.

4 more installers..2 two man crews.

A full time secretary to answer phones.

A full time book keeper to handle tracking billing and collection.

2 salesmen that estimated jobs.

I did all of those jobs in order to keep things moving if somebody didn't show for work.

People made mistakes all the time and I had to eat the time and material lost.

But if somebody repeatedly messed up..

you replaced them.

But I gave guys many many chances to get it right before moving on.

It was a dangerous job.

You could get cut at any moment.

DAK is playing a dangerous game at the most vunerable position on the field.

I think we tend to forget that.

DAK keeps getting compared to guys like Brees, Brady, Ryan ,etc.

Guys with 15 or more years playing some of them.

DAK is doing fine for his third year.

Significant progress in the last half of 2018.

Not only do they forget that but they completely disregard the fact he was considered to be a very raw prospect who needed years of coaching but was instead thrown directly into the fire.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't necessarily believe this...

I agree with a lot of it. Stats are useful in a controlled atmosphere. There are so many variables on a football field that there's almost no such thing as an apples to apples comparison regarding any aspect of the game.

Scotman

Reaction score
I get what you are saying. But the reason some are called out is because we have a group of posters here that spam every thread with the same hateful negative post again and again. They call anyone who doesn’t agree that Dak is trash childish internet names. They have made this message board a toxic place.
So while I don’t like call outs I understand people are sick of the negative thread spammers.

I won’t call them out by name here but we know who they are.

I wish the Mods would start benching posters who continue to spam every thread with the same negative toxic posts. It’s fine to have opinions. It’s the repetitive spam of these opinions that starts to make this board toxic.
You're not wrong. I guess that's exactly what's bothering me. I don't frequent the board as much because of it. I love to talk about the Cowboys. They've been a part of my life...well...for all of my life. I thought the negativity was just trolling, but it's also infectious.

But you are right, it's in every thread now...and my comments didn't help.