Clyde Edward's-Helaire

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I wouldn't say far more. Edwards-Helaire has 1,845 career rushing yards and 12 TDs. Washington has 1,629 career receiving yards and 11 TDs. They're in the same zip code.
Not really comparable. Washington was mostly a fourth receiver who was given chances to be a third receiver and couldn't do it. We took a shot on his potential after Pittsburgh gave up on him. Edwards-Helaire was a starting back, who started 13 games and averaged 4.4 yards his first season (totaling 800 yards). He started 10 games and averaged 4.3 YPC his second year. His third year, he also averaged 4.3 per carry, but his carries went way down as the Chiefs turned to Pacheco as their lead back. This past year was his first under 4 yards per carry.

Just comparing the yardage totals of a running back and a receiver is a poor way to compare them. Not saying I want Edwards-Helaire, but there's a big difference between him and Washington. Now, comparing him to Jones II may be more apt, and we know how that turned out.

Havic

Reaction score
Not really comparable. Washington was mostly a fourth receiver who was given chances to be a third receiver and couldn't do it. We took a shot on his potential after Pittsburgh gave up on him. Edwards-Helaire was a starting back, who started 13 games and averaged 4.4 yards his first season (totaling 800 yards). He started 10 games and averaged 4.3 YPC his second year. His third year, he also averaged 4.3 per carry, but his carries went way down as the Chiefs turned to Pacheco as their lead back. This past year was his first under 4 yards per carry.

Just comparing the yardage totals of a running back and a receiver is a poor way to compare them. Not saying I want Edwards-Helaire, but there's a big difference between him and Washington. Now, comparing him to Jones II may be more apt, and we know how that turned out.
Jones may have been more serviceable but he had the heart condition and then got hit with performance enhancers.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Jones may have been more serviceable but he had the heart condition and then got hit with performance enhancers.
Maybe. He certainly put up better numbers than EH once upon a time.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
****lights flash on**** “last callllllllll”…..ok boys, who we taking home

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Foreman and a rookie. I like forman’s style but he because of it, he can’t stay healthy.