CM: Dak Backup? Hundley or RG3? Robert Griffin III ‘Likes’ Idea of Cowboys Visit

conner01

Reaction score
Sort of off topic but you see any of these draft picks not making the team?
Mathematically one or two might not
Because one or two UDFA could make the team
It’s pretty hard for that many picks to all be roster ready players but it sure would be nice if they hit on some of these late picks

Jipper

Reaction score
Me too but a leopard doesn't change his spots. . . I am a Cowboy Fan 1st and foremost . . and Dak and the team playing well do not go hand in hand. . . hopefully now that he got paid he can go back to being a Bus driver

respect

disagree on dak, but respect your view.... and i can agree on being a cowboys fan 1st and foremost as well

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of "we like our guys" but in this case, if Dak goes down we're screwed and might as well give our guys experience.

I’m in the opinion that if our 3rd string is playing because our 1st and 2nd can’t then the season is lost anyway.

NotForLong

Reaction score
respect

disagree on dak, but respect your view.... and i can agree on being a cowboys fan 1st and foremost as well
I own a Dak Prescott Jersey and always route for Him . . . I hope His Injury is a Blessing in disguise and he becomes more of a Pocket Passer. . . with these receivers timing and ball placement is important and is all that is needed.

Now that he doesn't have anything to prove I hope he takes what the Defense gives him instead of trying to prove his worth . . . just let all the weapons around him do their jobs. . Aikman understood that and that's what champions do.

I wish him luck

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It is what it is. The guy did well in that Steelers game. You're not uncovering Tom Brady here. You're looking for a backup and at this point he's no worse than a 33 year old Dalton.
He is though. He's not of Dalton's caliber. One game doesn't disprove or prove that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sold on Gilbert being the answer or DiNucci showing great improvement, but I'd like to see them perform in camp before bringing in a veteran backup. For one thing, what we see from the backups currently on the roster might make us decide we don't need another. And for another, we might not have to settle on the backup options available now. (Of course, if a better option becomes available, we could just cut anyone we sign now.)
Theoretically that's a good plan, but I don't know how practical it is. The choices of quality backup QBs at that point versus now is goin to be greatly reduced.

Big_D

Reaction score
He is though. He's not of Dalton's caliber. One game doesn't disprove or prove that.

maybe Dalton 5 years ago. The Dalton from last year, his caliber was replaceable. Specially when you knew you’d be looking for a backup again this year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
maybe Dalton 5 years ago. The Dalton from last year, his caliber was replaceable. Specially when you knew you’d be looking for a backup again this year.
Oh I think Dalton sucks don't get me wrong I just think Gilbert is a tad bit worse lol.

Big_D

Reaction score
Oh I think Dalton sucks don't get me wrong I just think Gilbert is a tad bit worse lol.

whys he here? Just move on then. Dalton wasn’t worth the money or the wins or the draft position. Last years team was a complete mess and would’ve been in the same exact boat with Gilbert starting. This is the issue with the backup position, some think we’re just gonna keep on cruising to a championship! We’re looking for a hall of famer apparently. Maybe Joe Montana can come out of retirement… or we just sign Brett Hundley. He’s great too!

nobody

Reaction score
I’m in the opinion that if our 3rd string is playing because our 1st and 2nd can’t then the season is lost anyway.

It really just depends on how long they're down for. If it's 1-4 games, that's recoverable. More than that and it gets dicey.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
whys he here? Just move on then. Dalton wasn’t worth the money or the wins or the draft position. Last years team was a complete mess and would’ve been in the same exact boat with Gilbert starting. This is the issue with the backup position, some think we’re just gonna keep on cruising to a championship! We’re looking for a hall of famer apparently. Maybe Joe Montana can come out of retirement… or we just sign Brett Hundley. He’s great too!
I'm not. If they really think Dinucci has a future in this league then i'd go with him. I Don't get the point in looking for backups unless its someone that can actually win you games.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Truth is perception. There are 2 sides to that pancake. Where have I heard that before.

Please find the “truth” you speak of here:

“Sign Him between Him and Dak they will have 2 good legs.

Then Dak and RG3 can talk about their one hit wonder, rookie years

Mr_437

Reaction score
The disrespect to Cooper Rush is getting out of hand, first the number change and now Hundly n RG3 discussions??? TC marks the beginning of Rush revenge tour.

Seriously, at this point I think GG beats out whoever they drag into the Star to compete for QB2.

Brax

Reaction score
Please find the “truth” you speak of here:

“Sign Him between Him and Dak they will have 2 good legs.

Then Dak and RG3 can talk about their one hit wonder, rookie years
In this forum like life there is two sides it's his perspective that's all I am saying. He may truly believe it so in his world it's true, it's a story old as man sad but true each to his own you will not change his view, respectfully.....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In this forum like life there is two sides it's his perspective that's all I am saying. He may truly believe it so in his world it's true, it's a story old as man sad but true each to his own you will not change his view, respectfully.....

I’m sorry but I have this thing where I can’t let someone spew untrue bull**** as their own ‘truth’. There’s too much of that in this world already.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Either one would be better than DiNucci

I like Gilbert but I really think he played well above his abilities during the Steelers game.
Not really. Their defense was terrible. Not to sleight him though. I just don't get hyped on one game.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Are there really things that the Cowboys believe Driskel and Hundley can do that they believe RGIII cannot do?
BY MIKE FISHER , MAY 20, 2021
EvFWtpy9-720.jpg

FRISCO - A couple of weeks ago, in the wake of Alex Smith’s retirement and Colt McCoy’s move to Arizona, we theorized that the herd of potential Dallas Cowboys No. 2 QBs was thinning down to maybe three.

Jeff Driskel. Brett Hundley. And Robert Griffin III.

The herd just got thinner. And RG3 is aware.

On Tuesday, we used Twitter to both report on and poke fun at Dallas’ search. The Cowboys first whispered that Driskel had a “great visit” to The Star and suggested to at least one media outlet that a signing was pretty much forthcoming.

It never happened.

And now that Driskel has signed with the Houston Texans, the same whispered suggestions want Cowboys Nation to know that QB Brett Hundley, who is this week’s special guest here at The Star, actually ranks higher in their eyes than Driskel did.

https://www-si-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/.amp/news/dak-backup-robert-griffin-iii-likes-idea-dallas-cowboys-nfl-free-agency-visit?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA=#amp_tf=From %1$s&aoh=16215550794404&csi=0&referrer=https://www.google.com&ampshare=https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dak-backup-robert-griffin-iii-likes-idea-dallas-cowboys-nfl-free-agency-visit

Brent Hundley 2019 highlights

RG3 2019 game highlights vs Eagles

Who would you like as Dak's backup?
:popcorn:
RGIII ... hmmmmm.
OIP.PzKJ3TnqFSarFj61EV23QgHaGe