CNNSI: Bledsoe is back

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Evidently, there are very few NFL QB's worth their salt. I'm glad we got one of them. I think Bledsoe is a better QB at in his 30's than Aikman was in his 30's.

But I also have no problems with drafting a QB this year to provide some competition for Romo in 07.

I agree, Inman. I think one of the most overused phrases is that just about any quarterback is good if given time to throw the ball. I think, if anything, our recent quarterback history has shown there are plenty quarterbacks who simply cannot make the routine throw.

I will agree, though, that Bledsoe has been a different player on the road. My only problem is a lot of people have tried placing the blame on Bledsoe being a late-season tanker, and not as a guy who has struggled on ther oad. We'll see what Bledsoe does in these next two road games, I guess.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Well I agree with you mostly here. But I do disagree that everything or lot depends on Big men. BP said it few weeks ago. The QB has to help the OL too, by making quicker decisions. LIke I said, you just can't expect a first year Tackle to play like a Seasoned veteran. You have to dump off, and not wait for long ball most of the time, when you can't find the long one quickly.

But anyway, I hope I am proved wrong, and Bledsoe plays well here on out. Especially on Road, which were I get most concerned with Bledsoe.

I'm not saying that the QB can't help the line, he can to an extent but teams with poor offensive lines lose a lot of games they are the reason that the RB has a lane to run through and they are the reason a QB has time to allow the routs to develop. As for dumping off that is fine if you have someone to dump off to and that man is not covered. Defensive players know just as well that a lot of pressure will force a QB to throw short to the dump off man and if they are squatting on that it becomes an easy TD the other way. I have seen many occasions this season where defenders were doing just that.