CNNSI ranks the Top 25 Draft Prospects for 2008

Bizwah

Reaction score
I like McFadden. I watch every single Hawg's game, and I really will have to see some growing up from him before I want the Cowboys to take him.

He injured his foot in a fight, and that limited him to hardly any action against USC...probably Arkansas biggest game.

If he matures, then I hope we get him. I like Slaton too.....he has Bush-type speed.

Roughneck

Reaction score
Bizwah;1482548 said:
I like McFadden. I watch every single Hawg's game, and I really will have to see some growing up from him before I want the Cowboys to take him.

He injured his foot in a fight, and that limited him to hardly any action against USC...probably Arkansas biggest game.

If he matures, then I hope we get him. I like Slaton too.....he has Bush-type speed.
Since you watch all Arkansas games, maybe you can shed a little insight onto another intersting Razorback prospect. What are your thoughts about McFadden's RB Counterpart Felix Jones?

I don't believe he is even eligible to enter the draft until 2009 but what I have seen from him so far has been pretty damn impressive. He's an extremely explosive player.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
gholston.jpg

DAYUMMM! That is one big MoFo...

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
:laugh2:

Yep... Reminds me of Alonzo Spellman and how he was such a physical specimine when he came out.

There are a lot of DE's listed on that top 25 list.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I like the next RB class for 1st rounders better than this one

McFadden over AD

Slaton way over Lynch

and James Davis is a really nice, looking prospect too

WR DeSean Jackson is very intriguing

imagine if we could come away w/ McFadden/Jackson and Keenan Burton/James Davis next year...

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Either one, Slaton or McFadden would look great in a Cowboys uniform.

Slaton in 2006:
10 of 13 games over 100 yards. 2 games over 200 yards. 6 multi TD games. 3 games without TDs. 134 YPG.

McFadden in 2006:
7 of 14 games over 100 yards. 1 game over 200 yards. 6 multi TD games. 5 games without TDs. 117 YPG.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Take McFadden in the top 4 with cleveland's pick, then with our late pick, take Jake Long, Laurenitis, or Aqib Talib.

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
masomenos85;1482593 said:
Either one, Slaton or McFadden would look great in a Cowboys uniform.

Slaton in 2006:
10 of 13 games over 100 yards. 2 games over 200 yards. 6 multi TD games. 3 games without TDs. 134 YPG.

McFadden in 2006:
7 of 14 games over 100 yards. 1 game over 200 yards. 6 multi TD games. 5 games without TDs. 117 YPG.

But McFadden played in the SEC

Slaton played in the Big East

Huge difference

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1482617 said:
But McFadden played in the SEC

Slaton played in the Big East

Huge difference

Also their size and the type of offense they play in are diffferent. McFadden plays in a more traditional offense, where Slaton plays in the spread and McFadden is much bigger.

No knock on Slaton though. He could turn out to be a player like Tony D.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
tomson75;1482614 said:
Take McFadden in the top 4 with cleveland's pick, then with our late pick, take Jake Long, Laurenitis, or Aqib Talib.

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

I love Laurenitis being an Ohio State fan, but another LB?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hostile;1482778 said:
That would be Vernon Gholston from Ohio State, DE.

And can he play as good as he looks like he can? Or is he like Spellman and just a physical specimine and not that much substance to his game?

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
AsthmaField;1482788 said:
And can he play as good as he looks like he can? Or is he like Spellman and just a physical specimine and not that much substance to his game?

He is great. He will be a very good pro.