Coach Mora said University of Washington was his dream job

joseephuss

Reaction score
ESPN radio has re-played an interview that Jim Mora did where he said he would be interested in the University of Washington head coaching job. He said he supports Ty Willingham, but if UW offered him the job, he would take it and he doesn't care if it were in the middle of a playoff run with the Falcons. I think they said the interview was from yesterday.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
joseephuss;1233999 said:
ESPN radio has re-played an interview that Jim Mora did where he said he would be interested in the University of Washington head coaching job. He said he supports Ty Willingham, but if UW offered him the job, he would take it and he doesn't care if it were in the middle of a playoff run with the Falcons. I think they said the interview was from yesterday.

Jim Mora Sr. or Jim Mora Jr.????

joseephuss

Reaction score
aardvark;1234002 said:
Jim Mora Sr. or Jim Mora Jr.????

The current coach of Atlanta. He isn't really a Jr. since they have different middle names.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Word has it he's already out. The Falcons have scheduled a news conference today at 2 p.m. EST.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WOW.

I know there are coaches that have dream jobs. Maybe he is an alumni there.

But I am shocked that he came out and said that during the season in the press.

I would have to believe he is probably tired of Vick or the FO of the Falcons to do it in that manner.

Sure it may be a dream job for him to go to the University but still there has to be some things with the Falcons he is just not happy about.

The only other scenario would be to say he might be saying this for a pay increase with the falcons but even then why would he say it in that manner which could damage his relationship with his players and the front office.

I also wonder if they were going to fire him after the season and gave him a chance to leave now if he wanted.

jay cee

Reaction score
tyke1doe;1234048 said:
Word has it he's already out. The Falcons have scheduled a news conference today at 2 p.m. EST.

That must be the case. I always thought he was dumb for trying to make Vick a WCO QB, but if he said something like this while still with the team, he would have to be truly stupid.

1fisher

Reaction score
tyke1doe;1234048 said:

:eek:

got a link?

wonder if this will have an impact on the team tomorrow?

tsumma

Reaction score
The message board on the official Falcons site says its a done deal he is out Press conf. at 2:00!

1fisher

Reaction score
tsumma;1234074 said:
The message board on the official Falcons site says its a done deal he is out Press conf. at 2:00!

dang!!!!!!!! gotta be good for us.... Maybe they won't be focused!:D

joseephuss

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1234050 said:
WOW.

I know there are coaches that have dream jobs. Maybe he is an alumni there.

But I am shocked that he came out and said that during the season in the press.

I would have to believe he is probably tired of Vick or the FO of the Falcons to do it in that manner.

Sure it may be a dream job for him to go to the University but still there has to be some things with the Falcons he is just not happy about.

The only other scenario would be to say he might be saying this for a pay increase with the falcons but even then why would he say it in that manner which could damage his relationship with his players and the front office.

I also wonder if they were going to fire him after the season and gave him a chance to leave now if he wanted.

He is an alumnus of UW. He told Chris Mortenson that he was only kidding, but if you hear the replay of the interview, it does not sound like he is kidding.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
joseephuss;1234085 said:
He is an alumnus of UW. He told Chris Mortenson that he was only kidding, but if you hear the replay of the interview, it does not sound like he is kidding.

He wasn't kidding.

I think he knew he was out of the door in Atlanta, which is why he got on a nationally syndicated show and lobbied for the UW job.

This is what you call an on-air job application.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
huh

just like gibbs was hurt in a car accident

Message board rumours are so boring.

Reaction score
I went to Atlanta's website and I didn't see anything about a press conference... Stop bringing rumors to this board without substantial proof!

:banghead:

lukeduke

Reaction score
Mora's comments are for real, Sirius NFL Radio has been replaying the interview.

Mora said "I am dead serious"

I have not heard that he was getting fired today, but he should. Think if T.O. said something like that, he would be run out of town today.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
tsumma;1234074 said:

Ahhh... the message board says so does it? That "official Falcons site" kinda fooled me for a second.

So basically, it's some 9th grader who missed school today saying (on the Falcons board) that Mora is out "officially".

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1234048 said:

I live here in Atlanta and had the radio on all during lunch hour will about 1245, there is nothing mentioned about any of this

David