Coach Mora said University of Washington was his dream job

lukeduke

Reaction score
They may as well fire him today. Do you think he has the support of his team after saying something like that? What a moron.

Jim Moron:laugh2:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
dbair1967;1234106 said:
I live here in Atlanta and had the radio on all during lunch hour will about 1245, there is nothing mentioned about any of this

David

I did get it off the Falcons fan board. I've been listening to 680 for a while and I haven't heard anything about a press conference. I have heard the infamous Mora interview several times now.

My bad.

thekavorka

Reaction score
His comments are real. I can't believe he said that in the middle of the season right before one of the biggest games of the year. I don't know if there is a press conference or not, but I hope the Falcons don't get up for the game tomorrow.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
yeah he did say that stuff. Apparently sirius radio the nfl show that is on right now is trying to get him on the air, I guess they are friends.

Pretty interesting stuff.

dfense

Reaction score
I just heard that to. Nothing like a team getting psyched up for a lame duck coach.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I just heard a replay of it on ESPN radio and he just wouldnt stop he said it 3 times then says Im serious I dont care if we are in the middle of a playoff run I will pack my bags and leave. What a moron!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
they are saying he knows he may be fired because apparently he is refusing to promise to make changes on his coaching staff (ie Knapp, who is the scapegoat for "coachkiller")

David

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
well this is good because apparently atlanta's players do not like him. So hopefully they will struggle tomorrow and then he will get fired monday.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theebs;1234165 said:
well this is good because apparently atlanta's players do not like him. So hopefully they will struggle tomorrow and then he will get fired monday.

this isnt true either

most of the players speak glowingly of this guy...I cant stand him myself because I think he is a punk, but that fits in perfectly with the players on that team...its a collection of punks and losers

David

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
No way would I want him fired before a Dallas game. Thats all we need is for them to play really hard for an interim coach because everyone's job is now on the line.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Mora says he'd love to coach at U. Wash.
Falcons coach says he was just joking

By STEVE WYCHE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 12/15/06

FLOWERY BRANCH — Falcons coach Jim Mora wants out? At a time when his team is in the throes of a playoff chase? To coach a college team in Seattle?

In an interview with KJR Radio in Seattle Friday morning with co-hosts Dave Mahler and Hugh Millen, Mora said he would love to coach his alma mater, the University of Washington - even if the Falcons are "in the middle of a playoff run. I'm packing my stuff and coming to Seattle."

It was not serious, both Mora and Millen said afterward.

"He was my college roommate and we were just talking and he threw that out there so it was like, 'okay.' We were clowning around," Mora said, referring to Millen. "It was nothing serious, trust me."

Millen and Mahler, later in their broadcast, tried to emphasize the supposed sarcastic nature of interview. In a phone interview, Millen tried to clarify things further.

"I know Jimmy really well and from his perspective he's talking to the Seattle market and it was his way of expressing his affection for the University of Washington," Millen said. "I didn't take it literally. I know how he feels about coaching the Falcons and Michael Vick and he loves it. I have a pretty good insight as to where his heart is and what he's thinking and he loves his situation there."

ESPN, which is affiliated with KJR, sent out transcripts and a link to the interview. A controversial buzz about Mora's remarks spread rapidly through radio, television, the Internet and print media.

Team owner Arthur Blank could not be reached for comment.

Here is a sample of the interview via transcripts emailed by ESPN:

Interviewer: "If there's an opening, and you're available, we want you to coach the Huskies."

Mora: "Well, I really have a lot of respect for [Washington Coach] Ty [Willingham], and I know he'll do a great job. But if he ever decides to move on, and get in the NFL or you know, go back to Notre Dame or whatever, if that job's open you'll find me at the friggin' head of the line with my resume in my hand ready to take that job."

Interviewer: "If you're available."

Mora: "It doesn't even matter if I'm available."

Interviewer: "So if you just won the Super Bowl, and it's available, you're there?"

Mora: "I'd be there."

Interviewer: "You're there, okay."

Mora: "I'd do it, I promise you that. Now, I want to see Ty succeed, and I want to see that program succeed. But if he decides at some point that he's ready to move on and they want me, I will be there. I don't care if we're in the middle of a playoff run I'm packing my stuff and coming back to Seattle."

Interviewer: "So, are you saying...?"

Mora: "You know, it's funny, and I mean that, and I'm dead serious, the further I get away from it the more I'm drawn to it. You know, that's the job I want, so..."

Interviewer: "You would leave the Falcons for that job?"

Mora: "Absolutely."

Interviewer: "Wow."

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Mora was quoted as saying if the job were ever to come open, he'd get in line for it.

And now says he was "just kidding". Per ESPN.

dwmyers

Reaction score
On the Atlanta Falcon's site I've visited, this is the #1 topic today. Not the Cowboys game, not Michael Vick, Not DeAngelo Hall versus "Tee Oh". It's the Mora UW comments.

That is, if you can get around 680 The Fan's John Kincaid calling Dallas "the Hated Dallas Cowboys".

If I could mail snowballs, I'd mail John Kincaid a snowball with a picture of Santa Claus. His Eagles fan roots are showing all over the place.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Look for the Falcons to hire Mike Zimmer and then he'll turn around and become coach of the year in 2007 and everyone will miss him and forget how much they blasted him because now he's a "genius" just like Payton.

Aikbach

Reaction score
dmq;1234179 said:
No way would I want him fired before a Dallas game. Thats all we need is for them to play really hard for an interim coach because everyone's job is now on the line.
Or leave him there as a demoralized and thankless club plays only to pad individual stats while embarassing Mora. I'm going to be mad as a British cow if Vick's receivers haved learned to all the sudden catch.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Aikbach;1234206 said:
Look for the Falcons to hire Mike Zimmer and then he'll turn around and become coach of the year in 2007 and everyone will miss him and forget how much they blasted him because now he's a "genius" just like Payton.

:lmao:

not a chance in hell of that happening

David

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Mora ready to leave for another coaching position... would do it in a playoff run "in a heartbeat"

good timing... I love this stuff