Coach Mora said University of Washington was his dream job

jman

Reaction score
YoMick;1234384 said:
Mora ready to leave for another coaching position... would do it in a playoff run "in a heartbeat"

good timing... I love this stuff

This is been all over ESPN radio today.

Mora has released about three different staements daying we was joking with the radio guy...his former roommate in college.

Take it for what it's worth.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16227346/

Mora apologizes for saying he wants UW job
Falcons coach issues apology as team prepares for showdown with Cowboys
SportsTicker
Updated: 3:51 p.m. ET Dec 15, 2006
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. - Atlanta Falcons coach Jim Mora Jr. is apparently feeling the pressure.

Mora admitted he covets the coaching job at the University of Washington during an interview on a Seattle radio station, and later apologized to the Falcons for his comments.

Mora’s bizarre actions come a day before the Falcons (7-6) are to host the Dallas Cowboys in a game with major playoff implications.

But instead of talking about the Cowboys, Mora went on KJR Radio in Seattle to express his desire to coach at Washington, where Mora played as a linebacker and also served as a student assistant under former coach Don James.

“If (Washington coach) Tyrone Willingham ever decided to move on, if the job became open you, will have me at the head of line with resume in hand, I promise you that,” Mora told KJR. “That’s the job I want.”

That obviously did not sit well with the Falcons, who are battling for a wild-card spot in the NFC. Mora later issued a statement to apologize for his actions, which he said were meant in jest.

Reaction score
lurkercowboy;1234397 said:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16227346/

Mora apologizes for saying he wants UW job
Falcons coach issues apology as team prepares for showdown with Cowboys
SportsTicker
Updated: 3:51 p.m. ET Dec 15, 2006
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. - Atlanta Falcons coach Jim Mora Jr. is apparently feeling the pressure.

Mora admitted he covets the coaching job at the University of Washington during an interview on a Seattle radio station, and later apologized to the Falcons for his comments.

Mora’s bizarre actions come a day before the Falcons (7-6) are to host the Dallas Cowboys in a game with major playoff implications.

But instead of talking about the Cowboys, Mora went on KJR Radio in Seattle to express his desire to coach at Washington, where Mora played as a linebacker and also served as a student assistant under former coach Don James.

“If (Washington coach) Tyrone Willingham ever decided to move on, if the job became open you, will have me at the head of line with resume in hand, I promise you that,” Mora told KJR. “That’s the job I want.”

That obviously did not sit well with the Falcons, who are battling for a wild-card spot in the NFC. Mora later issued a statement to apologize for his actions, which he said were meant in jest.

the man is entitled to his opinion, of course, but what an inane time to express it...