Coach that never punts , next dallas HC?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Some of you probably know of this, some may not, I like this guy cause he is innovative and bold.
I would like to see him as NFL HC. he did say in one vid sometime back he would like to coach the
cowboys.
He wins championships against bigger schools, yet other colleges and NFL ignore him !

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of you probably know of this, some may not, I like this guy cause he is innovative and bold.
I would like to see him as NFL HC. he did say in one vid sometime back he would like to coach the
cowboys.
He wins championships against bigger schools, yet other colleges and NFL ignore him !
Read all about him a year ago, he's in my hometown. He does onside kickoffs as well. It's all about the analytics with him. He plays the law of averages.

cowboyec

Reaction score
one of my best friends has been a hs coach for years...coaching oline now...he told me bout this guy 2yrs ago.
my friend says if he decides to run a program again...he's gonna seriously consider doing what this guy does.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
First of all, he should probably progress beyond high school before someone in the NFL thinks about hiring him. Second, he usually has much more talent than his opponents which greatly helps. If an NFL team tried this it would not work out well for them.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The approach is nice, but it would have to be adapted extensively for the NFL game. Especially the onside kicks where the yardage difference would be much greater. It would require a lot more analysis and I don't think you could NEVER punt.

Tommy

Reaction score
He never punts?

What if he is up by 6 points with :30 seconds left in the 4th quarter? He has a 4th and 20 from his own 5 yard line.

If he refuses to punt the football he is an idiot.

Big_D

Reaction score
This wouldn't work at all in the NFL. It's a game of inches. Got to play field position. So you're telling me he wouldn't punt from inside his own 10? That's a disaster waiting to happen. It's a very different ball game in high school.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He never punts?

What if he is up by 6 points with :30 seconds left in the 4th quarter? He has a 4th and 20 from his own 5 yard line.

If he refuses to punt the football he is an idiot.
He does punt sometimes, in that situation he would, he also doesnt onside kick every time, so it should be most of the time.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
First of all, he should probably progress beyond high school before someone in the NFL thinks about hiring him. Second, he usually has much more talent than his opponents which greatly helps. If an NFL team tried this it would not work out well for them.
No he has less talent, he has the smaller school, less kids than the other schools he plays, that is why he came up with this,
they had never won a champ before, so he did this and has won 3 times.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This wouldn't work at all in the NFL. It's a game of inches. Got to play field position. So you're telling me he wouldn't punt from inside his own 10? That's a disaster waiting to happen. It's a very different ball game in high school.
Well you need to watch the vids and listen to what he says, he explains why punting from his end of the field and onside kicks work in
his favor.
I think it would work in the nfl, but would have to be adapted somewhat.
you cant say it wouldnt work till somebody tries it.

The thing is his team is used to it, the other teams are not.
He doesnt call a timeout, have a powwow, and decide what play to call,like in nfl, they already know , it is up to the line and boom!
He has trick plays he often runs in 4th down situations.

On onside kicks , his kicker and ST do it so much they are just good at it.
Nfl teams rarely do it, and it shows, as they are not good at it at all.

DFWJC

Reaction score
cowboys.

Yeah, Highland Park has played them before.

But I assume you're joking about him being an NFL head coach straight from high school. Right?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yeah, Highland Park has played them before.

But I assume you're joking about him being an NFL head coach straight from high school. Right?
No not at all, I think he could adapt, he is smarter and more innovative than all of the HC that have tried and failed
the last 20 years.
and I would rank him above many current HC in NFL
Anyone could be a coach in the nfl, you dont need any special qualifications.
Plenty of dummys work in nfl right now.

DFWJC

Reaction score
No not at all, I think he could adapt, he is smarter and more innovative than all of the HC that have tried and failed
the last 20 years.
and I would rank him above many current HC in NFL
Anyone could be a coach in the nfl, you dont need any special qualifications.
Plenty of dummys work in nfl right now.
Your opinion is duly noted!

Hardline

Reaction score
until someone tries it that does it like he does, which better if it was him, you cant say it would fail.
It is just your opinion it would fail.
It's more than an opinion it would fail.
Look at the 4th down conversion rate in the NFL.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Very fun to watch these guys.

But don't be deceived by the school size.
They recruit all over the area and bring in the best players.
For example, the #1 TE recruit in the entire country goes there.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Very fun to watch these guys.

But don't be deceived by the school size.
They recruit all over the area and bring in the best players.
For example, the #1 TE recruit in the entire country goes there.
then it would appear that he is good recruiter, and the idea appeals to players he is recruiting.