Coaches, Scouts & Execs Top 10 QB rankings

McKDaddy

Reaction score
These are the 10 QBs that are at least good. The next range is the mediocre...Tua, Purdy, Lawrence, Hurts. So they got that right.

Dak is better than Lamar, Herbert, Goff and current Rodgers tho.
Like others have said, all in all, this isn't a list I would argue too much.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If Stroud is that high then Love should be top 10 easily.
I was as impressed as anyone by Stroud. Having said that, I can understand why he would be on this list. My personal preference would be to see more than one season before I would rank a QB that highly but my guess is he solidifies himself on the list by the end of this season.

Love certainly seemed to improve as the season went along. If he continues his ascent, maybe other teams re-visit the idea of grooming a QB rather than throw directly into the fire.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Per https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...1&cvid=89a012060d194a319cda9cca6d8b667c&ei=60

Just in case you were wondering, here's a look at the full top 10:

1. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs
  2. Joe Burrow, Cincinnati Bengals
  3. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills
  4. Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens
  5. Matthew Stafford, Los Angeles Rams
  6. Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers
  7. C.J. Stroud, Houston Texans
  8. Aaron Rodgers, New York Jets
  9. Jared Goff, Detroit Lions
  10. Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys
But Dak Cousins is the number one QB dancer.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Dak was #9 the previous year, and Herbert is only still ranked high because of a coaching change I would assume

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Per https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...1&cvid=89a012060d194a319cda9cca6d8b667c&ei=60

Just in case you were wondering, here's a look at the full top 10:

1. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs
  2. Joe Burrow, Cincinnati Bengals
  3. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills
  4. Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens
  5. Matthew Stafford, Los Angeles Rams
  6. Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers
  7. C.J. Stroud, Houston Texans
  8. Aaron Rodgers, New York Jets
  9. Jared Goff, Detroit Lions
  10. Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys
Can we forward this to Prescotts agent ?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Funny.

If you go by individual stats, Dak is easily Top 2 or 3.
But generally rating QB’s isn’t just by individual stats which becomes more of a talking point for those who take a more defensive stance amongst criticism.

His personal stats rank him above other QB’s who are probably more generally considered greater prolific passers which several have been mentioned .

Regardless a top 10 passer doesn’t deserve the bashing he does simply cause we are generally beat by better teams in the playoffs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I get what you're saying and I wished that's how it worked, but it's just never been that way.

If you believe you've got a franchise QB, then he'll reset the QB market when it's time to pay him.

At one point he was highest or next to highest paid, but now he has the 12th AAV.
This^^^^

Whether we agree or not. This is business in the NFL.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He's been living off POTENTIAL for a few years now
It’s not just potential . He’s been putting up some pretty good numbers as well. And I expect even more with Harbaugh.

He reminds me a little of Allen in Buffalo who I’d take up there with anyone . Has such a big arm he tries to make too many risky throws.

But he has all of the tools ( yea that potential thing)and could easily become one of the next great QB. Will that result in team success. We shall see. Going to be tough in AFCW.

GoldenR

Reaction score
....................................not including the playoffs. Let's see, 14 teams make the playoffs each year and given the last few years, well, you get it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
But generally rating QB’s isn’t just by individual stats which becomes more of a talking point for those who take a more defensive stance amongst criticism.

His personal stats rank him above other QB’s who are probably more generally considered greater prolific passers which several have been mentioned .

Regardless a top 10 passer doesn’t deserve the bashing he does simply cause we are generally beat by better teams in the playoffs.
Better prolific passers? How so? Where are the stats to support such a status? It's all personal bias labeling.