Coaching matters

408Cowboy

Reaction score
If you know what I said, then **** and move on, I'll say it a last time. Players win and lose games.
Did the Patriots defense execute better than the Rams offense? Yes or no? It's quite simple.

9of11

Reaction score
It sure does. Unfortunately for us, we're on a 24 year nightmare that doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon....you see it year in, year out with the Pats....they have a huge roster turnover on their team every year and still end up being one of the top teams in the division and contend for the SB every year....we loose one player and our season is lost...coaching matters..

kwcool619

Reaction score
It sure does. Unfortunately for us, we're on a 24 year nightmare that doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon....you see it year in, year out with the Pats....they have a huge roster turnover on their team every year and still end up being one of the top teams in the division and contend for the SB every year....we loose one player and our season is lost...coaching matters..

Amen. Coaching matters and having an owner who meddles and buys a big ol' yacht versus an owner who cares about winning SB matters too.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We should hire Belichick. I’m all in.

Yeah, Belicheck is not available so lets just keep the clapping monkey that cant win anything past the Wildcard Round and even that is on average once every 4 years.

I know, I know, Garrett is not the problem because no coach can be expected to win under this organizational structure. You have said that a million times so I have it memorized by now. Guess we will just have to keep watching other teams win rings, at least Garrett is safe and that is all that matters.

Am I right;)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, Belicheck is not available so lets just keep the clapping monkey that cant win anything past the Wildcard Round and even that is on average once every 4 years.

I know, I know, Garrett is not the problem because no coach can be expected to win under this organizational structure. You have said that a million times so I have it memorized by now. Guess we will just have to keep watching other teams win rings, at least Garrett is safe and that is all that matters.

Am I right;)

Tell you what: you keep blaming the coach. I’ll blame the organization, and we’ll see if the outcomes are any different if and when Garrett is replaced.

If things get worse and not better, though, you can come and let me know it looks like I was right all along.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It’s a joke.

But a sad reality too.

The Cowboys don’t have to win to have a successful business model.

Yep, the sad reality is that the Cowboys make tons of money regardless of how the team is doing. So other than pride or bragging rights, there is no incentive for Jerry to make any major changes.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Tell you what: you keep blaming the coach. I’ll blame the organization, and we’ll see if the outcomes are any different if and when Garrett is replaced.

If things get worse and not better, though, you can come and let me know it looks like I was right all along.

Replacing Garrett might work and it might not work, I dont have a crystal ball.

However, I dam well know what Garrett is doing right now is not working. How much more proof do you need bro, its been a freaking decade and he has won jack. Maybe the next coach will do better, maybe the next coach wont do better. But I would rather roll the dice and take the chance than just sit here doing the same thing over and over and just hoping for a different result.

You would rather blame the organization, which actually means blaming Jerry, and hold your boy Garrett blameless for I dont know how long. 10 years, 12 years, 14 years, 16 years, exactly how long should Garrett hold this job without winning anything other than Wildcard games?

Serious question.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Replacing Garrett might work and it might not work, I dont have a crystal ball.

However, I dam well know what Garrett is doing right now is not working. How much more proof do you need bro, its been a freaking decade and he has won jack. Maybe the next coach will do better, maybe the next coach wont do better. But I would rather roll the dice and take the chance than just sit here doing the same thing over and over and just hoping for a different result.

You would rather blame the organization, which actually means blaming Jerry, and hold your boy Garrett blameless for I dont know how long. 10 years, 12 years, 14 years, 16 years, exactly how long should Garrett hold this job without winning anything other than Wildcard games?

Serious question.

Same answer I always have. When it’s coaching that’s keeping us from advancing in the post season, we’ll need to upgrade the coaching. Coaching hasn’t been the issue, and as long as it’s not, I want the stability and the chance to continue to improve the entire organization that we’ve seen under Garrett.

You can’t deny that you’ve gone from complaining we’ll never get over .500 under Garrett to complaining we can’t advance past the divisional round when playing a better all-around team under Garrett. That’s progress.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
A franchise without ego matters too. There is no other team ran like the NE,and can adapt to any situation on the fly,because you can say... “Gronk...we need you to be the garbage man for a bit.”...and he’ll be the best garbage man there is. And it’s like that for all their players. They don’t care about “I need more touches #Beasley” nonsense. They are patient,disciplined,don’t panic,and are honest about themselves. And Bill has never been a guy who lets a system he believes in,dictate how he’s going to prepare for a game. That’s really a rarity when you think about it....as most adhere to what it is they do,while he’s running out of the I formation with a FB like this is the 70’s!!! Looool. You got to love that.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Is there any more proof needed that coaching matters?

New England doesnt have the talent that we do on defense and they completely shut down the Rams high-octane offense.

#GROG
Billichick > Kris Richard

Hadenough

Reaction score

New England doesnt have the talent that we do on defense and they completely shut down the Rams high-octane offense.

#GROG
I cant hardly name any Dline or oline players on the Pats. They have a stable of RBs that all seem to catch well and run well. One of them gets hurt and it doesnt even affect the running game. The Pats defense isnt loaded with stars either.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

#GROG
I guess all the other 31 teams should fire their coach.

Sydla

Reaction score
Same answer I always have. When it’s coaching that’s keeping us from advancing in the post season, we’ll need to upgrade the coaching. Coaching hasn’t been the issue, and as long as it’s not, I want the stability and the chance to continue to improve the entire organization that we’ve seen under Garrett.

You can’t deny that you’ve gone from complaining we’ll never get over .500 under Garrett to complaining we can’t advance past the divisional round when playing a better all-around team under Garrett. That’s progress.

Coaching was a problem three weeks ago.