Coaching matters

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
They’re not the most valuable franchise because of the product on the pitch.
463.jpg

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Are we, now? It’s hard to keep track the way you guys keep sliding the goalposts back when the prior achievements are reached.
Really? We were talking specifically about the Rams game in the playoffs. That was the example given by me that you quoted then expanded on by saying they had an extra week to prepare. I then asked when has a Garrett led team been that prepared given an extra week for a playoff game. Instead of answering the question you deflected into regular season wins and claimed I didn't make sense. So where was the goalpost and where did it slide? I know what I asked and I know what slid around an answer.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Good luck talking to the wall.

Some people just refuse to see the obvious coaching shortcomings.

Other teams can scout both themselves and other teams, like the Rams did to the Cowboys. And that was clearly the difference in the game to anyone with a functional pair of eyes not impaired by fan blinders.

And do you want to know who's supposed to be handling that area of scouting? Another unqualified Garrett brother, Judd. And that's why we not only can't spot other teams' tendencies, we can't spot and correct our own, so we end up getting destroyed because of them.

But yeah, blame it on the players forever...
:facepalm:
I asked two people a direct question in this thread. One didn't bother giving any response the other slid around it. Bet you can guess who those two are.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
iwill say this if the team goes as unprepared into the season as they did last season and get of to a slow start the pressure will be like a vise the jaws will close from both sides from the media and fans there will a lot of pressure on the jones and the team

408Cowboy

Reaction score
iwill say this if the team goes as unprepared into the season as they did last season and get of to a slow start the pressure will be like a vise the jaws will close from both sides from the media and fans there will a lot of pressure on the jones and the team
Vegas should put odds on how much playing time the starters get in preseason

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I’m all for it, if you someone better. Well, not you, but if someone who knows what they’re talking about does.

Crack that whip !! Whew, you really got me good. :thumbup:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really? We were talking specifically about the Rams game in the playoffs. That was the example given by me that you quoted then expanded on by saying they had an extra week to prepare. I then asked when has a Garrett led team been that prepared given an extra week for a playoff game. Instead of answering the question you deflected into regular season wins and claimed I didn't make sense. So where was the goalpost and where did it slide? I know what I asked and I know what slid around an answer.

"When was the last time a Garrett led team gained such an advantage from preparation and planning?" That was the remark I was referencing when I said "Our team is regularly more prepared than our opponents. We’re don’t win more games than other NFC teams under Dak by not being prepared. That doesn’t make any sense."

We weren't better prepared than the Rams. But then, we weren't expected to be, being the road team coming off a wildcard weekend against a team that was waiting and had already played each of the other wildcard possibilities at least once this year. We weren't unprepared, though. Our run defense was mauled by their OL the whole game, and that's how they run their passing offense. I still think that game goes to overtime if we convert on the 4th and 1, and I still think we ought to convert 4th and 1s with the players we've invested in.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good luck talking to the wall.

Some people just refuse to see the obvious coaching shortcomings.

Other teams can scout both themselves and other teams, like the Rams did to the Cowboys. And that was clearly the difference in the game to anyone with a functional pair of eyes not impaired by fan blinders.

And do you want to know who's supposed to be handling that area of scouting? Another unqualified Garrett brother, Judd. And that's why we not only can't spot other teams' tendencies, we can't spot and correct our own, so we end up getting destroyed because of them.

But yeah, blame it on the players forever...
:facepalm:

Don't be passive/aggressive. Not a good look. I mean, it's a better look than a lot of your attempts, but it's not a good look.

I don't 'blame' a team for losing in the divisional round to a better overall team. That's just me. I look for reasons. And I'm not the one wearing fan blinders if you think our roster was better than LA's this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't be passive/aggressive. Not a good look. I mean, it's a better look than a lot of your attempts, but it's not a good look.

I don't care how you think it "looks" at this point. You obviously aren't aware of how foolish you look at every turn.

I don't 'blame' a team for losing in the divisional round to a better overall team. That's just me.

I look for reasons.

No, you make excuses, that's well established.

And I'm not the one wearing fan blinders if you think our roster was better than LA's this year.

No. You're the one wearing Fan blinders when now it's simply about rosters rather than coaching. Always the players fault.

Or the fact that our roster hand one arm tied behind their backs because of coaching tells and tendencies that our coaches weren't smart enough to know about.

Tell us now about how much better LA's roster was vs the team that just beat them.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care how you think it "looks" at this point. You obviously aren't aware of how foolish you look at every turn.

No, you make excuses, that's well established.

No. You're the one wearing Fan blinders when now it's simply about rosters rather than coaching. Always the players fault.

Or the fact that our roster hand one arm tied behind their backs because of coaching tells and tendencies that our coaches weren't smart enough to know about.

Tell us now about how much better LA's roster was vs the team that just beat them.

Meh. Get back to me when you have something interesting to say. I'm not the one passively trying to take you on when talking to another poster but avoiding quoting you, I'll just point out. If I have something to say to you, @stasheroo, I'll say it to you directly.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meh. Get back to me when you have something interesting to say. I'm not the one passively trying to take you on when talking to another poster but avoiding quoting you, I'll just point out. If I have something to say to you, @stasheroo, I'll say it to you directly.

Go back to ignoring me. I like that better.

You can't refute the points, so you try to gloss over them.

Mine and everybody else's.

Do us both a favor and just ignore everything I say and not just what you can't bear to read.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go back to ignoring me. I like that better.

You can't refute the points, so you try to gloss over them.

Mine and everybody else's.

Do us both a favor and just ignore everything I say and not just what you can't bear to read.

I ignore all of your "takes" that aren't aimed directly at me.

I'm not the one who took the shot at you, here. Don't throw turds and then ask to be left alone to do it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I ignore all of your "takes" that aren't aimed directly at me.

I'm not the one who took the shot at you, here. Don't throw turds and then ask to be left alone to do it.

Ignore them all, period.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ignore them all, period.

No.

I'll reserve the right to correct whatever terrible take you have if you're going to aim it directly at me.

The simple solution is to not take the passive/aggressive pot-shots. Nobody's forcing you to hit the Post Reply button. Thankfully.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
"When was the last time a Garrett led team gained such an advantage from preparation and planning?" That was the remark I was referencing when I said "Our team is regularly more prepared than our opponents. We’re don’t win more games than other NFC teams under Dak by not being prepared. That doesn’t make any sense."

We weren't better prepared than the Rams. But then, we weren't expected to be, being the road team coming off a wildcard weekend against a team that was waiting and had already played each of the other wildcard possibilities at least once this year. We weren't unprepared, though. Our run defense was mauled by their OL the whole game, and that's how they run their passing offense. I still think that game goes to overtime if we convert on the 4th and 1, and I still think we ought to convert 4th and 1s with the players we've invested in.
That wasn't the question.
When has Garrett and his staff ever gone into a playoff game that prepared given an extra week?
That still is the question. Now that you laid out why they would be so prepared compared to us I'll ask another. Do you believe the times we were the #1 seed that we were given any kind of advantage due to coaching? Did we ever really do anything other than what we normally do week in and week out throughout the season? Mind you this only applies to Garrett's tenure.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Same answer I always have. When it’s coaching that’s keeping us from advancing in the post season, we’ll need to upgrade the coaching. Coaching hasn’t been the issue, and as long as it’s not, I want the stability and the chance to continue to improve the entire organization that we’ve seen under Garrett.

You can’t deny that you’ve gone from complaining we’ll never get over .500 under Garrett to complaining we can’t advance past the divisional round when playing a better all-around team under Garrett. That’s progress.

Yes, we have gone from complaining about Garrett cant get over .500 to Garrett cant get past the divisional round.

That is progress...……….only took a freaking decade:facepalm:

You think 2 wildcard wins over a decade is progress enough...………...I dont and apparently Jerry dont either since no extension yet.

Time is ticking for your boy......tick tock, tick tock, tick tock;)