Coaching observation

malbis030347

Reaction score
History is a good indicator of future success…Big Mike was instrumental in Daks development to near mvp levels… and with ver little running game…. Dan Q has historic meltdowns in big games… check time in Seattle Super Bowl… Atlanta Super Bowl and now this past year vs newcomer GB… I would not be surprised if we do better this year if we improve the run game and if Zim instills that discipline in the defense that was lacking with Quinn

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
History is a good indicator of future success…Big Mike was instrumental in Daks development to near mvp levels… and with ver little running game…. Dan Q has historic meltdowns in big games… check time in Seattle Super Bowl… Atlanta Super Bowl and now this past year vs newcomer GB… I would not be surprised if we do better this year if we improve the run game and if Zim instills that discipline in the defense that was lacking with Quinn
My thoughts exactly. Zimmer’s consistently had good defenses. Tough, disciplined. Exactly what the Cowboys defensive podcasters need. Someone to get on their ***. He’s going to do that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
3 straight 12-5 seasons... All getting knocked out early in playoffs. That's the ceiling of this team with Dak.
No that’s the ceiling with that team. Weakest team up the middle I’ve ever seen and I’ve seen a lot.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There is plenty of blame to go around, but Dak fails to deliver against quality opponents.
Dak delivered against .500+ record opponents in 2023:

Like this game...

Or this game...

Or this game...

There are more but you get the point. Bro, let's stop the nonsense of saying that Dak fails to deliver against quality opponents.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So it's Zim > DQ. We'll see in Sept. Zim will have a much better LB corp. Not sure about DT's. But if they can slow down the run in big games, it's a huge improvement.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would be surprised. But I would welcome it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Regular season Dak and Playoff Dak are way too different.
Not really.

No run game. Only 1 legit WR. No run Defense. Very hard to win any playoff game with such limitations no matter who your QB is.

This year's draft was very interesting. Going hard to improve our Oline, Dline, a LB, WR and a CB is going to make a big difference down the road, especially come playoff time.

Havic

Reaction score
Not really.

No run game. Only 1 legit WR. No run Defense. Very hard to win any playoff game with such limitations no matter who your QB is.

This year's draft was very interesting. Going hard to improve our Oline, Dline, a LB, WR and a CB is going to make a big difference down the road, especially come playoff time.
Same stuff during regular season too. The difference is playoffs show us real quick who the contenders and pretenders are.

I like the draft, wish we would have traded back into the 4th to go pick up Wright (Tenn Rb), good foundation draft if we hit on them.

Flamma

Reaction score
There are more but you get the point. Bro, let's stop the nonsense of saying that Dak fails to deliver against quality opponents.
We were favored to win all of those games. At Philly, at San Francisco, and at Buffalo were huge games. You can't put them in the same category as playing at home against Seattle and Detroit. Those are the games that let you know if you're a contender or not. We were embarrassed in two of them, and choked away the Eagles game. The only time we actually beat true contenders was back in 2016 when we had a great running game.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We were favored to win all of those games. At Philly, at San Francisco, and at Buffalo were huge games. You can't put them in the same category as playing at home against Seattle and Detroit. Those are the games that let you know if you're a contender or not. We were embarrassed in two of them, and choked away the Eagles game. The only time we actually beat true contenders was back in 2016 when we had a great running game.
Ok, glad you brought up the away game at Philly. Why did we lose it? It certainly wasn't because of Dak. Here, take a look...

What do you have to say now that you can't blame Dak for that loss?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Trash defenses. Detroit's was solid, but mostly against the run.

Flamma

Reaction score
Ok, glad you brought up the away game at Philly. Why did we lose it? It certainly wasn't because of Dak. Here, take a look...

What do you have to say now that you can't blame Dak for that loss?

He plays good against the Eagles 90% of the time. But on that final drive, and what probably surprised no one, turnover on downs with a little over a minute left. We couldn't kick a FG because someone's foot couldn't stay in bounds on the 2 point play. We'd get the ball back on that miracle ending, and he spit the bit.

At least he didn't look terrible in that game. But the result was the same.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He plays good against the Eagles 90% of the time. But on that final drive, and what probably surprised no one, turnover on downs with a little over a minute left. We couldn't kick a FG because someone's foot couldn't stay in bounds on the 2 point play. We'd get the ball back on that miracle ending, and he spit the bit.

At least he didn't look terrible in that game. But the result was the same.
True. Yet, once again, with no run game and a struggling Defense. It's very hard to beat the better teams in this league when they know you are limited with weapons and a defense that can't stop the run and at times the pass.

Flamma

Reaction score
True. Yet, once again, with no run game and a struggling Defense. It's very hard to beat the better teams in this league when they know you are limited with weapons and a defense that can't stop the run and at times the pass.
I know. But can we win one of those games? Why don't we ever surprise a good team? Like the Ravens did to the 49ers. That Eagles loss made me madder than the loss to the Cardinals. From the foot out of bounds, the TE misfortune at the GL, to the final 2 drives. We got 6 points on those 4 drives.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I know. But can we win one of those games? Why don't we ever surprise a good team? Like the Ravens did to the 49ers. That Eagles loss made me madder than the loss to the Cardinals. From the foot out of bounds, the TE misfortune at the GL, to the final 2 drives. We got 6 points on those 4 drives.
This year is going to be interesting.