Coaching observation

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The run defense didn't throw those INT's in a panic..he wasn't even pressured. That was a big time choke job against GB, similar to the SF game the year before.

The QB is supposed to elevate the team, not put it in a hole and expose it's weakness
Now look what you made me do! My favorite Dak gif.

giphy.gif

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well the pick six was the only one absolutely on Dak. The other TD the D did not hold though it was in quite a hole
All 14 were on Dak. No other way to sugar coat it. Even if GB kicks a FG it still would have been 10.

The bottom line is you can't put all those 41 points on Quinn.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah and we aren’t going to be that much better up the middle this season
On the offensive side there’s a real good chance of them being much better. The defensive side is a big unknown. Wait and see.

quickccc

Reaction score
History is a good indicator of future success…Big Mike was instrumental in Daks development to near mvp levels… and with ver little running game…. Dan Q has historic meltdowns in big games… check time in Seattle Super Bowl… Atlanta Super Bowl and now this past year vs newcomer GB… I would not be surprised if we do better this year if we improve the run game and if Zim instills that discipline in the defense that was lacking with Quinn

- I see a possible improvement at center with a more physical, athletic rookie center in Beebe, - once he's developed
but yet he is a rookie with zero game experience at center, so it's a matter of how long/how much time it will take for him
to adjust and develop at NFL center

- Raw rookie Guyton is not gonna be as good as HOF Tyron Smith was at LT in immediate year. He's supposedly more of a pass catcher
than run blocker. And he's moving full time to the LT at the NFL level .. Could take some time to gel as well.

- Solari's reach scheme has been criticized such that it has hampered future HOF Zack Martin into one of his lesser years.
I'm not confident that our run game will improv by leaps and bounds with his OL scheme and a pedestrian RB unit with
a vet RB that is slow to get in and out of holes, and slow to turn the corner.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The run defense didn't throw those INT's in a panic..he wasn't even pressured. That was a big time choke job against GB, similar to the SF game the year before.

The QB is supposed to elevate the team, not put it in a hole and expose it's weakness
For the 100th time, watch the breakdown explanation by Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley on those INTs...

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If I had to chose it would be Tyron or Dorance. Not sure who the "too many" are. The rest of the FA's that left have been replaced.
There are 22 starters. No matter how you feel about those guys replacing them is risky.

Keep drinking the Kool Ade though.

Brooksey

Reaction score
For the 100th time, watch the breakdown explanation by Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley on those INTs...

The gimme throw was the inside slant, the soft part of the zone "Warner said" 7:15 mark. The slot receiver is wide open on this pick

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The gimme throw was the inside slant, the soft part of the zone "Warner said" 7:15 mark. The slot receiver is wide open on this pick
That's not how the play was designed. It's a quick timed throw designed to go to a certain receiver. The failure was in the design of the play. Kurt Warner even explained it. It's the same play the Cowboys have refused to fix which Dak has thrown INTs in the playoffs against the 49ers as well. Clearly, the Packers did their homework and researched previous year's playoff losses to the 49ers and why Dak threw the same INTs on that very same play which the Cowboys coaches have refused to fix (which Kurt Warner repeatedly keeps calling them out on their refusal to "fix the details").

This is what you guys are refusing to understand. Just as stubborn as the coaches. Unbelievable.
:facepalm:

Brooksey

Reaction score
That's not how the play was designed. It's a quick timed throw designed to go to a certain receiver. The failure was in the design of the play. Kurt Warner even explained it. It's the same play the Cowboys have refused to fix which Dak has thrown INTs in the playoffs against the 49ers as well. Clearly, the Packers did their homework and researched previous year's playoff losses to the 49ers and why Dak threw the same INTs on that very same play which the Cowboys coaches have refused to fix (which Kurt Warner repeatedly keeps calling them out on their refusal to "fix the details").

This is what you guys are refusing to understand. Just as stubborn as the coaches. Unbelievable.
:facepalm:
Don't kill the messenger...I just told u what K. Warner said, Dak failed to read the hot, the inside-open WR.

Blaming the play design is weak... it's a slant

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
History is a good indicator of future success…Big Mike was instrumental in Daks development to near mvp levels… and with ver little running game…. Dan Q has historic meltdowns in big games… check time in Seattle Super Bowl… Atlanta Super Bowl and now this past year vs newcomer GB… I would not be surprised if we do better this year if we improve the run game and if Zim instills that discipline in the defense that was lacking with Quinn
History is also a good indicator of future failure. There are things this team (management and coaching) can do to be better than the previous years but historically they have refused to do it. They have no sense of team balance or accurate appraisals of their own players.How could they go into last season and actually demand MORE out of Dak with no OL/RB help and not know it was going to end badly? We were screaming it from the peanut gallery all off-season.It's like giving a dozen chimpanzees typewriters and waiting for them to write a Shakespearean play...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Don't kill the messenger...I just told u what K. Warner said, Dak failed to read the hot, the inside-open WR.

Blaming the play design is weak... it's a slant
That's not what Warner said. That's what you are saying because you don't understand the concept of the play.