Signed by Cowboys Coaching staff update, McCurley back to LB, Cannon Matthews assistant DB

Carson

Reaction score
Clay Matthews yessir lol jk
They are practically twins

d0dnoehndz4fyu8drtcd.jpg

Jarntt

Reaction score
FFS Our QB needs a veteran teacher. What the heck are we doing with Tolzien as QB coach. It’s like this team feels you can just take the coaches you are friends with and move them around interchangeably.

quickccc

Reaction score
Maybe Edwards clashed with Quinn or second-guessed him. We don't know.

I don't care who the LB coach is as long as it is who Quinn wanted. He's earned stocking his defense with whoever he wants.
It may be the case that the top coaches like McCarthy won't be able to keep who they'd like (ala Ron Davis) ..per the powers that be from above.

It was being reported that Quinn was actually surprised to hear the news that Edwards was not being brought back. That doesn't sound like a clash.
And with Quinn being on a year to year basis per last 2 years. Will he be a new HC or returning again mode ?

It was settling (at least to me) that we would've had a guy that was familiar with Quinn system, and having DC experience and credentials of Edwards,
a mere Scott Curley, who was more of an asst. to even Edwards.Jr.

quickccc

Reaction score
With Cannon Matthews " will be the assistant defensive backs coach "

You mean we are gonna have Three DB coaches ? ..Joe Witt Jr...., Al Harris and this new Cannon Matthews ?

.And yet there's the fat off the bone coach cuts ?

And I assume that Al Harris still on the team and the CB coach.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It may be the case that the top coaches like McCarthy won't be able to keep who they'd like (ala Ron Davis) ..per the powers that be from above.

It was being reported that Quinn was actually surprised to hear the news that Edwards was not being brought back. That doesn't sound like a clash.
And with Quinn being on a year to year basis per last 2 years. Will he be a new HC or returning again mode ?

It was settling (at least to me) that we would've had a guy that was familiar with Quinn system, and having DC experience and credentials of Edwards,
a mere Scott Curley, who was more of an asst. to even Edwards.Jr.
I do remember that being Quinn's reaction, so that very well may be true. I don't know what is taking place behind the scenes, but I would say that it doesn't look initially like most of these changes make us a better team. On defense, Quinn is clearly the engine, though, so we may not miss a gear. If we do, and it's because the Joneses cut his staff without consulting him, then it just will be one more sign of their general incompetence running this team. Of course, we don't really need another sign of that. We've had almost 30 years of signs now since Jerry cut ties with Jimmy.