Cobb is struggling

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
He’s okay when the ball is actually in his hands. But, at this point he is really struggling to get any separation. Lewis is destroying him every single time. He has no burst in his get off and looks stiff. I hate to say it but maybe he’s washed up?

exciter

Reaction score
He’s okay when the ball is actually in his hands. But, at this point he is really struggling to get any separation. Lewis is destroying him every single time. He has no burst in his get off and looks stiff. I hate to say it but maybe he’s washed up?
Yup, 7 years in the league and he's washed up!

Little Jr

Reaction score
From what I've seen, and I admit it's limited, it's been curl routes that he's having issues with getting separation. I'm not making excuses for him but that is my most hated route. Probably because the amount of ones I've seen ran by us over the past 12 years.

Then there is this

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Cobb's ypt fell off a cliff from 2015 on. Mediocre since then. That's better evidence for him being washed up than some anecdotes from the first week of camp. He's ours now. 4mil guaranteed. He'd have to be abysmal for us to cut him.

But let's have perspective here. During the minicamp, Cobb got rave reviews for his connection to Dak. Which decidedly was not in evidence in that INT.

So we've gotten varying reports on Cobb. We've got weeks to find out what he is. And if he's absolutely awful, or if we've got young guys we can't give up, we can eat his 4mil guaranteed. We did it with Carroll.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CobbRa00.htm

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Not saying the kid is done and can’t bounce back but this signing didn’t move my excitement meter at all I watched a few Green Bay games last year and he was very impressive. I think Beasley will be missed
I'm assuming this should read 'unimpressive'. Personally, I feel confident that Cobb next season, will put up better numbers than Beasley last season.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
We're sitting here … I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice. Not a game. Not a game. Not a game. We're talking about practice. Not a game. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last. Not the game. We're talking about practice, man. The immortal Allen Iverson.

LittleD

Reaction score
Really, you guys should know this by now. Cobb used to have a QB who could hit a dime from 35 yards and now he has a QB who would be hard
pressed to hit the side of a barn. No wonder he's having issues.