Cobb is struggling

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Well, I heard he dropped a pass in camp. That is about all I have heard so far. So, yeah, if one dropped pass = struggling, then he is 'struggling.' :rolleyes:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Lewis is a stud and Cobb is coming off hamstring issues, plus it’s a new gig for him. It’s going to take time before he becomes effective out there...

Scotman

Reaction score
I have no idea what he has left in the tank. But I do remember what was being said about LVE after two practices.

I'm going to wait.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
This is what I was afraid of. Beasely was ranked number one in terms of most separation per target's according to PFF.

In other words, Dak's best friend on third down. A crucial piece missing/injured during that Rams game. Of course the Ram's were missing Kupp of course too.

Could really stick out like a sore thumb with no Elliott.

This is the same reason we acquired Cooper. His ability to get open quickly for Dak.

Oh well, it still could all work out. See what the OC comes up with.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I just think Lewis is very good.
In 3 CB setups, he's a starter on probably 25-30 NFL teams

Oddly, B/R listed players looking good in camp for each of the 32 teams and the guy they chose for Dallas was...…
Randle Cobb.
:thumbup:

sideon

Reaction score
He’s okay when the ball is actually in his hands. But, at this point he is really struggling to get any separation. Lewis is destroying him every single time. He has no burst in his get off and looks stiff. I hate to say it but maybe he’s washed up?
Of course he's washed up, the Cowboys were the only team interested in him.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yeah we all know that you’re wishing he sucks because you hope that all Cowboys players suck so you can come here and gloat about how the whole organization sucks.
Hahaha sounds like you suck!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He’s okay when the ball is actually in his hands. But, at this point he is really struggling to get any separation. Lewis is destroying him every single time. He has no burst in his get off and looks stiff. I hate to say it but maybe he’s washed up?
Do ya think the Pack saw this?

blueblood70

Reaction score
can he learn the offense , get in sync with Dak, and settle in before we say its failure? 2 practices , hes bust lol

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
62dce7cc986e493140724ade34783cbb.jpg

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You can't forget the emergence of Devonte Adams and Jordy Nelson. Part of what may have seemed mediocrity may have been a changing role because those guys were studs that took a lot of his targets away, and likely changed the kinds of targets he got.

In any case, if he can produce in Dallas like he did in those mediocre years in Green Bay we will be fine. We didn't sign him because we needed the Pro Bowl Randall Cobb from several years ago, we signed him to replace Beasley in the slot. Of course, time will tell if he can continue to produce at that level.

Getting fewer targets should mean his yards per target went up, not down.

Could be a different role. Could be. But it undoubtedly *was* 4 years of mediocre ypt.

GenoT

Reaction score
Right, and that's because so many are fringe players who are released in favor of another fringe at a lower contract. Not many players worthy of a 2nd contract suddenly fall off a cliff in their 7th season!
Actually, a lot of players worthy of 2nd contracts “fall off a cliff”, and often earlier. The reason is injuries.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We're sitting here … I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice. Not a game. Not a game. Not a game. We're talking about practice. Not a game. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last. Not the game. We're talking about practice, man. The immortal Allen Iverson.

Could be. Cobb was certainly loafing it on the INT.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Getting fewer targets should mean his yards per target went up, not down.

Could be a different role. Could be. But it undoubtedly *was* 4 years of mediocre ypt.
Not if he was getting a larger share of the underneath passes while Adams and Nelson were getting the majority of the downfield throws.