Twitter: Colin Cowherd: Dak Prescott's Pocket Passing Regresses to Top 3 QB

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Colin learns a valuable lesson. Don't declare your man crushes Lawrence, Herbert, Allen, and Burrow as the ones to dominate this year before it even plays out.

And actually watch it play out first.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Cowturd is kissing up since Dak has pretty much shut him up and look ridiculous.
Cowturd was right at the time.

The information has changed. Dak’s clearly playing differently than he was.

This is real meat and potatoes football and not some empty calorie stats like we’re used to.

Hes playing differently. If you can’t see it then I don’t know what to tell you.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Colin plays the max reaction game.
Gotta say i was worried about Dak first half of the season. But, he got good and mad and changed the narrative. Good for him.

lkelly

Reaction score
Average Cowboys fan: “Dak stinks! He’s not even a top 10 QB!”

Same fan: “Colin Cowherd is a moron for saying that Dak stinks!”

Pro tip: ignore people that get paid to elicit reactions for ratings. Their opinions only carry weight if you step on the scales. The opinions that really matter are those of coaches, scouts, and GMs (including drunken billionaire owners).

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

This is real meat and potatoes football and not some empty calorie stats like we’re used to.

Hes playing differently. If you can’t see it then I don’t know what to tell you.
I saw how good Dak is since he was in college.

doomsday9084

Reaction score

What I don't get is the accuracy. Dak routinely missed guys by a little. A little high or behind them, etc. He has been dead on with a ton of his throws recently. He is either throwing it into really small windows or hitting guys right in their hands, in stride, regularly. Its not normal for a guy in his 8th year to suddenly become more accurate.

Just to speculate, last year Jimmy Johnson was asked about the interceptions. He said Dak needs a "clean pocket". During the Moore years but last year in particular, Dak held the ball a while and frequently got pressure in the middle. This year the O line seems to push the pressure around Dak more. Add in the fact that Dak is passing much quicker this year means he is getting to step into his throws more.

The other aspect is I regularly see Dak moving around the defense with his head. He looks off safeties far more this year.

Dak deserves a ton of credit here. He is turning me into a believer. This is not the same guy as before. I don't completely know the root causes but McCarthy probably deserves some of the credit for creating a more Dak friendly system.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/passing_advanced.htm

For reference, Dak this year has the lowest "bad throw" % in the NFL. Last year he had the 22nd lowest %. There are a ton of objective metrics that say that this is the best Dak has ever played, with the second best his rookie year.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Ugh, yeah, I'm an Auburn grad, I did too.

I forgave him when he put a Star on his helmet but prior to that....my hatred was as pure as the respect for his game.
I have absolutely no respect for Cowturd!

He talked very ugly ish about Dak way back when Dak was in college at Mississippi State and leading them to the #1 national ranking.

"Dak Prescott played for the Bulldogs from 2011 to 2015. He helped lead the team to a 10-2 season record in 2014, including a No. 1 ranking for the first time in school history en route to an appearance in the 2014 Orange Bowl."

https://www.si.com/college/mississi...escott played for the,in the 2014 Orange Bowl.

Cowturd has bashed Dak ever since until today. Now we are supposed to take this decade's long hate-spewing bootlicker as someone sports journalistically intelligent and serious?

Pfft!!!

HanD

Reaction score
As long as he gets to play crappy teams.......... Revisit this after next week or at the end of the season.
That 374 3-0 against the eagles doesn't count? Are the Seahawks a crappy team too? I agree that the next 4 weeks will say something but he deserves praise since after the bye. No question.