Video: Colin Cowherd: Dak was overpaid, period

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Well, if Colin said it, end of discussion. If you ask me, all the starting QBs in the NFL are overpaid, including Mahommes, Rodgers, and Allen. But the fact is, while those guys are in rarified air and make more than Dak, any starting QB that a team wants to resign and try to win with will make Dak money or higher. That’s just how it works. Based on the market, Dak is NOT overpaid.

If one thinks he’s a poor QB who shouldn’t have been resigned at any price because he’s not good enough to start and win and we should be looking for a different guy, then yes, he’s overpaid in your mind. But if you as a fan are like the Cowboys and wanted him resigned to be our starting QB for several years and try to win with him, then he is not overpaid because you cannot resign any starting QB to be your franchise guy for several years without paying what the market will bear. When you see any drafted, experienced starting QB resigned by his team to a second contract for less than what Dak just got, let me know.

ESisback

Reaction score
Nobody! Greedy Dak’s taking too much of the pie.We’re stuck w/ him unfortunately.Will never lead us over the top.No other team is going to take on that kind of $.
So have fun crying for another 3 years!

Ken

Reaction score
Yes.

He was wrong about Wentz the same way you're wrong about Dak. It happens, but at the time he was saying this Wentz was running away with the MVP while Dak was in the middle of a 22 TD, 13 INT, averaging barley over 200 passing yards per game season.

Context matters.
I wasn't wrong about Dak. Dak could literally throw an interception every time he drops back for the rest of his career and I was right about him.

I said he would be the best qb in from that draft before we drafted him. I said Wentz would be a bust.

Just call me Nostradamus.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
He's been wrong about Dak and Wentz for 6 years.

Apparently, so have you.
How have I been wrong about Dak.Just like I was wrong about the sacks thing and the reasons why.He’s a slightly above average top 10 QB w/ many flaws.Everything I’ve said about Dak have been spot on.All his flaws in college are his flaws now.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry and son got beat badly on negotiations by publicly declaring "Dak is our guy and we will get him signed" instead of lining up plan B.

I always thought GB was dumb for the Love move but it gave them a fighting chance leverage wise.

Different reasons and circumstances but still....same concept.

Daks agent played them like a fiddle....and did Zekes and Lawrence.

Mr. Billion dollar business deals isn't very good at his hobby.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Every newly signed contract looks like it is too much but a few years later it looks like a decent deal.

Besides, it is Jerry's fault for using the franchise tag instead of getting a deal done in the 30s when he had the chance to do so.

The bigger issue is paying Zeke, that contract is looking like an anchor at this point.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Before we hear the tired "That's what a franchise QB gets paid. That's how the market works" blah blah blah from the usual's....

We all get it. We know how the market works. Dak is not a franchise level QB skill wise is the problem we have with the contract.

We don't care how much Dak was paid. We care that his play on the field does not reflect it.
Do you EVER read what you post?

You don't have a problem with his pay.......YET YOU have a problem with his contract......which is his pay.

Uhhhhhh....okie dokie.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Do you EVER read what you post?

You don't have a problem with his pay.......YET YOU have a problem with his contract......which is his pay.

Uhhhhhh....okie dokie.
The problem is he’s being paid market value for an “elite QB.” which he’s not.Results don’t come close for pay received.

stiletto

Reaction score
Everybody knows Dak is overpaid, mainly because the front office is stupid and didn't sign him when they could've easily got him for $10+ million less per year. They only have themselves to blame. They've pretty much mishandled every contract the past decade. Stephen Jones is worthless.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Colin is overpaid. Hes the guy that said Wentz was better than Dak and was elite..a top 5 QB in the NFL. lol..Use great caution guys, listening to anything this dude says.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
The problem is he’s being paid market value for an “elite QB.” which he’s not.Results don’t come close for pay received.
AIN'T YOUR MONEY!!! Good God.

Wanna talk monetary reasons....? I never hear about COACHES salaries....you people are so freaking simple.

Think big picture, for once.
Yah Coaches....ya know the supposed captains of the ship.