Video: Colin Cowherd: Dak was overpaid, period

DandyDon52

Reaction score
There is no way we could have gone after Wilson we have a QB with a no trade clause
Wilson has a no trade clause too, thats why he has to approve the denver trade or it isnt going to happen.

same thing with dak, he would have to approve it, or stay here and be backup. you would let him pick the teams he would go to that are in need of a qb, then
make a deal with one of those teams.
Wilson made a list of teams he would go to, and seattle made a deal with one of those teams.
Wash made a offer, but was turned down due to they were not on wilsons list.

IMO I think dak could have a better playoff career if he went to the colts right now. They need a qb, have a great run game, decent defense, and much better coaches.
Dak staying here is probably not good for dak, except money wise, and if he never wins anything, aside from div titles, he wont be in demand as a tv person when his career ends.

There is always a way to do things.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Captain Obvious….Dak made 75 million dollars last season. There isn’t a sportsball player on Earth that deserves that much. And we’re giving it to the 9th best QB in the league.

9th? You are being generous. Check out his numbers and success outside the NFC EAST.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody! Greedy Dak’s taking too much of the pie.We’re stuck w/ him unfortunately.Will never lead us over the top.No other team is going to take on that kind of $.

NOPE! Lets be clear. Dak didn't decide to pay himself all that money. He asked for it and the moron in charge gave it to him. Dak's contract falls squarely at the feet of Jerry Jones.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
9th? You are being generous. Check out his numbers and success outside the NFC EAST.

Yes, let's remove every qbs 'easiest' games, genius idea. Why not remove the hardest games and look at his stats? Or, you know, look at every game because they all count towards their record?

The confidence people have posting some of these absolutely ludicrous ideas is scary.

ESisback

Reaction score
probably, but your going to have complainers no matter what they do.
The thing is you could then trade dak and get picks back....possibly, and not as good , but you have to put that in the equation.
Yeah, I’m simply just sitting here PRAYING they do SOMETHING with the OL/running game!

ESisback

Reaction score
Wilson has a no trade clause too, thats why he has to approve the denver trade or it isnt going to happen.

same thing with dak, he would have to approve it, or stay here and be backup. you would let him pick the teams he would go to that are in need of a qb, then
make a deal with one of those teams.
Wilson made a list of teams he would go to, and seattle made a deal with one of those teams.
Wash made a offer, but was turned down due to they were not on wilsons list.

IMO I think dak could have a better playoff career if he went to the colts right now. They need a qb, have a great run game, decent defense, and much better coaches.
Dak staying here is probably not good for dak, except money wise, and if he never wins anything, aside from div titles, he wont be in demand as a tv person when his career ends.

There is always a way to do things.
I agree. The solution to many of our problems is simple and obvious. It’s the different agendas that hold us back.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, let's remove every qbs 'easiest' games, genius idea. Why not remove the hardest games and look at his stats? Or, you know, look at every game because they all count towards their record?

The confidence people have posting some of these absolutely ludicrous ideas is scary.

He was 6-6 outside the NFC EAST. Now stop being so lazy and learn something. Glad I could help.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
He was 6-6 outside the NFC EAST. Now stop being so lazy and learn something. Glad I could help.

Not sure why my post was deleted and yours, which is factually incorrect (and once again stated so confidently), is allowed to stay.

There are 17 games in the regular season. 17-6=11. Dak didn't play against the Vikings. That's 10 games.
https://www.calculator.net/

Once again, it makes no sense to remove games against NFL teams, regardless of division. Especially when one of those teams we played twice, like it or not, was a playoff team.

Do not tell me to learn something when you likely haven't finished a book since junior high.

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
Not sure why my post was deleted and yours, which is factually incorrect (and once again stated so confidently), is allowed to stay.

There are 17 games in the regular season. 17-6=11. Dak didn't play against the Vikings. That's 10 games.
https://www.calculator.net/

Once again, it makes no sense to remove games against NFL teams, regardless of division. Especially when one of those teams we played twice, like it or not, was a playoff team.

Do not tell me to learn something when you likely haven't finished a book since junior high.

To be fair, I haven’t finished many books lately either. Just don’t have the time. Magazines, TV and online stuff feeds our brains nowdays. Sad.

Note to self: target philosophical and informational tomes for future enrichment.

vlad

Reaction score
It’s not so much he was overpaid it’s the clown Stephen refused to pay him 10m ago and freaked out when daddy probably slapped him upside the head and threatened to make him work at Dairy Queen or whatever that place was.

kskboys

Reaction score
Cowturd needs to make up his mind. One minute he likes Dak the next minute Dak is average. Dak earned his money by taking a segment on every talking heads show.
Well, Dak is good one minute and bad the next.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Begins at 5:38

He gets it.

As I just commented to another person, a capped league is a competition of maximizing the player value you get with the cap dollars and draft picks you spend. Spend too much on a player, you have less to spend to get other players.