Video: Colin Cowherd: Dak was overpaid, period

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
"My Team".? Good God. If you haven't realized Jed and company haven't stolen that from you........well, I don't have the words.

WHO needs to think? 26 years and counting. IF you can count that high.......
Maybe, you need to take your meds?Trouble formulating thoughts and sentences?I still don’t even know what your previous post is really about You’re all over the place.Good night.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Maybe, you need to take your meds?Trouble formulating thoughts and sentences?I still don’t even know what your previous post is really about You’re all over the place.Good night.
I gave you the benefit of doubt.

Guess 26 is too much for you..

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, they can't resign Anger, a top notch punter. We have an inconsistent kicker they'll probably retain. "We like our guys" but can't resign the really good ones. Is anyone noticing a trend here?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What about the even more tired “Dak sucks! He’s overpaid! I’m unhappy!” ??

We get it. You want someone else. So who do we get?
could have had wilson he wanted to come to cowboys, he listed 4 teams he would go to and cowboys were at top of list.
Jones boys were not interested lol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So, they can't resign Anger, a top notch punter. We have an inconsistent kicker they'll probably retain. "We like our guys" but can't resign the really good ones. Is anyone noticing a trend here?
the jones boys are fans, and they have their fav players , that they keep too long and overpay, and then the ones they dont like all that much,
they low ball, let walk , or cut them.

They like lamb, and used a # 1 pick on him, so they will keep him regardless of his play, and over pay him.
I was thinking gregory will get a big payday too, not sure though, but they want to keep him to prove they were right in keeping him around so long.

with the jones boys it is sort of who they like over who does it make sense to keep or resign. They throw logic out the window.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
dak was overpaid, and it was stupid of dak if he really wants to win a SB, and stupid of the jones boys if they really wants to win a SB.

I think they should have let dak test the market on the 1st tag, you know a different tag than they used.
And then let him walk after the tag year , get a good bus driver qb, and then you have the money to build around that qb.

this 2021 season was the all in season for the cowboys, and they could not even win 1 playoff game!

Thing is it is stupid to whine or talk about it now, as they are stuck with dak, and stuck with elliot, and they are cutting the better players who
were also overpaid.

It is a jones boys cluster _____!

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Of course he is, Jerruh and Stephen waited too long to sign him and in desperation mode had to dish out mucho dinero. Status quo around here. But when your job is never on the line when working in the front office, you can do whatever the hell you want…..

ESisback

Reaction score
could have had wilson he wanted to come to cowboys, he listed 4 teams he would go to and cowboys were at top of list.
Maybe, but I imagine most of those screaming we could have had Wilson would have screamed even louder if we had given out what Denver has.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Captain Obvious….Dak made 75 million dollars last season. There isn’t a sportsball player on Earth that deserves that much. And we’re giving it to the 9th best QB in the league.
Its almost laugh worthy

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Maybe, but I imagine most of those screaming we could have had Wilson would have screamed even louder if we had given out what Denver has.
Depending on total franchise construct, that could be debated.
If this franchise was in line and playing follow the leader and building a roster and coaching like Tampa did with Brady, and like LA just did with Stafford, than why not.
Copy cat league right , thats the way this league has been for decades.
If this team was playing Denvers game, we would at least be considered possible contenders.
This franchise will continue to be a direct reflection of Jerrys Ego, and that simply is just old and outdated.

ESisback

Reaction score
Depending on total franchise construct, that could be debated.
If this franchise was in line and playing follow the leader and building a roster and coaching like Tampa did with Brady, and like LA just did with Stafford, than why not.
Copy cat league right , thats the way this league has been for decades.
If this team was playing Denvers game, we would at least be considered possible contenders.
This franchise will continue to be a direct reflection of Jerrys Ego, and that simply is just old and outdated.

Complaining no matter what is said and done is old and outdated as well. Some will never consider us contenders until after we’ve won a couple more SB’s.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
There is no way we could have gone after Wilson we have a QB with a no trade clause

Buzzbait

Reaction score
No doubt he’s a clown,but he’s not wrong about Dak this time.

Hey even a broken clock is right twice a day. I've always liked Dak and I still do, but from the Cowboys perspective, I didn't like the contract then and I like it less now. When you have to start dumping good players to pay for a QB's contract, you'd better have a very good reason.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
He is overpaid but that was the rate. It was either pay dak or do what?

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Before we hear the tired "That's what a franchise QB gets paid. That's how the market works" blah blah blah from the usual's....

We all get it. We know how the market works. Dak is not a franchise level QB skill wise is the problem we have with the contract.

We don't care how much Dak was paid. We care that his play on the field does not reflect it.
OK your mad at reality I get it

DandyDon52

Reaction score
probably, but your going to have complainers no matter what they do.
The thing is you could then trade dak and get picks back....possibly, and not as good , but you have to put that in the equation.