Colin Cowherd: Dallas will finish 8-8

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Imagine being upset by anything you homers write :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I have you over here being buddy buddy with other folks, because you dont like nor agree with my posts:lmao2:

Its hilarious
I'll bite.....who am I being buddy buddy with? And how is that a reflection of you?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A LOT depends on the health of T. Smith, Zeke and Cooper. If those 3 stay healthy, at least for the vast majority of the season, I would say 9-7. The schedule appears daunting, but it seldom turns out that way. I don't see the Commanders or the Giants being a whole lot better, Wentz' health is so iffy, that could be 4 wins right there. Browns will probably always be the Browns, Burrow is good but he's a rookie on an otherwise not very good team, Falcons and Rams I think are on the downslide, and I don't see the Seahawks as anything but a rebuilding team, that Wilson can squeak out some wins. That's 9 wins.
And it's not unusual for any team, including the Cowboys, to rise up and beat somebody they're not supposed to.

Cowboys' record over the past years has been of an up and down team, 8-8 last year, even with Garrett and Marinelli at the helm. Adding McCoy for leadership, finally getting Jarwin a chance to shine, an expected big boost from Lamb, getting rid of Heath and plugging in Dix, and I see a potential for being a much better team.

Wouldn't be surprised at 7-9, or even 6-10, but I just think there's too much talent on this team to flop to 7-9...

More optimism. The biggest coaching changes that move us to more wins is the position coaches for ST, OL, LB. I actually think Dak can take a step back if MM runs more of his west coast offense. Overall all talent is lesser than it was, Nolan is maybe as good as Marinelli at DC he just prefers the same type of DT's that we all like so we assume that means better results (hint- we might be worse). I'm not buying into any more hype. I need to see them play and will change my opinion based on how they do not hype during the off-season.

natedoug

Reaction score
Agree -- Players need to play AND Coaches need to coach.

Player talent and health remaining constant .. I believe the coaches will make the difference this year.

A. By having a flexible scheme / game plan for each opponent ( especially on defense )
B. Special Teams should be better ( with the new coach ) ,, we kicked rocks last year
C. Player accountability !!!!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He must not realize we’re getting those three extra wins because we hired Mike McCarthy. Those bonus wins change 8-8 to 11-5. Just enough to clip the Eagles and win the East. So, we’re good.

BigD_95

Reaction score
m

This dude claims we lost so many players: we lost Cobb, even though we got Ceedee to fill that spot. We got Diggs to fill in for Byron, even though he may not be as good as Byron was immediately. I understand being a little concerned on DE, but we got some good FA’s as well. Our secondary should be covered for the most part. Offense looks great. New coaching staff. But he has Philly winning the division at 10-6 :facepalm:. Tell me, what does Philly have that we don’t? And what holes did Philly fill in free agency and in the draft besides the backup QB position? What a joke :lmao2:.

I gotta say though, I like it better when Dallas is underestimated. They do best when they are underestimated. These analyst can keep it up.

wow - I actually like Cowherd but this was just lazy on his part. I like how he talks about other teams draft picks but doesnt mention Cowboys who most condsidered having the top draft class.

Im not even sure where the Eagles got better. Not really in the draft. I guess some in free agency but still. I do agree its a 2 team division with Dallas & Philly but Cowboys have the better team and now we have a coaching staff as good or better than the Eagles.

Im looking at Dallas as an 11 win team at low end. This team is going to be dominate.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dallas is one of 32 teams
He did all the teams, so he'll get some right and some wrong.....like every single other person on the planet.
That includes me and everyone else on this board.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I think we have to be considered NFC East favorites. The Eagles are a disaster on defense and a sneeze away from having Jalen Hurts at QB.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He says 8-8 because he is afraid to commit. This way he doesn't have to eat as much crow. You can't always be on the fence. You have to take a stand. Can you say Colin Coward?
Its the same guy that goes back and forth on Dak. First hes trash then hes a winner then hes average. He just needs to sthu

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah, show me someone that predicts a 6-10 or 7-9 team making the super bowl the following year and I might pay attention. Everyone always predicts the best teams will be the best teams again. Any homeless man can do that. 25 out of the last 50 super bowls had a team in it that didn't make the playoffs the previous year. A few of those both teams didn't make the playoffs the year before. Did anyone predict that? So what are they looking at that makes them special? They always go with the chalk and they're still wrong half the time.

kevm3

Reaction score
Hard to say what this team will do this year... A lot really depends on the impact that Mike McCarthy brings to the team. McCarthy HAS had a lot of success before, but he's been panned in more recent times for not being as committed as he should be... aka Massage Mike. It depends on which version of McCarthy we get. We have more than enough talent to be 11 and 5 or better.

mcmvp

Reaction score
So what are you using to predict the schedule will be tough?

Nothing...I never predict a schedule to be tough or easy in the month of May for the upcoming season. There is no point to it.

Once a season is well underway, then it becomes easier to identify rough stretches in a schedule.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nothing...I never predict a schedule to be tough or easy in the month of May for the upcoming season. There is no point to it.

Once a season is well underway, then it becomes easier to identify rough stretches in a schedule.
So what are you talking about then? You replied to my post that said the schedule will be tough but you disagree?

mcmvp

Reaction score
So what are you talking about then? You replied to my post that said the schedule will be tough but you disagree?

I neither agree nor disagree. My point is we can’t know yet

garyo1954

Reaction score
m

This dude claims we lost so many players: we lost Cobb, even though we got Ceedee to fill that spot. We got Diggs to fill in for Byron, even though he may not be as good as Byron was immediately. I understand being a little concerned on DE, but we got some good FA’s as well. Our secondary should be covered for the most part. Offense looks great. New coaching staff. But he has Philly winning the division at 10-6 :facepalm:. Tell me, what does Philly have that we don’t? And what holes did Philly fill in free agency and in the draft besides the backup QB position? What a joke :lmao2:.

I gotta say though, I like it better when Dallas is underestimated. They do best when they are underestimated. These analyst can keep it up.

Philly has heart (and cheesesteaks). And they play for each other and Wentz. And Wentz plays to win and will be moving around firing the ball downfield trying to make plays in the last minutes of the game.

Big Mc needs to change that mentality!