Video: Colin Cowherd reacts to Dak's contract

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Wentz hasn't won a playoff game. He has 8 minutes of playoff game time

Bu...bu....Wentz. I love how Dak's lack of any playoff success while entirely healthy is because it's the team. But Wentz hasn't played a playoff game.....yea we get it man, injury is only an issue when your name is Dak Prescott.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Why do people listen to this Cowherd clown? He actually said "Nobody improves after year fine in the league." What a maroon..

Check out this list of QBs and the year they had their best seasons

Brady (8)
Montana (12)
Rodgers (15)
Favre (17)
Elway (11)
Manning, Peyton (7)
Brees (18)

Those are just the ones that came to me off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others. The point is, QB is the one position where the advancement of the mind enables a player to continue to improve as long as his body holds up. The rush to declare that Dak or any other QB can't get any better after year 5 simply makes no sense. I can pretty much guarantee Dak will be a better QB in 2030 than he is today. As long as injuries don't take him down.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
who got beat by Philly's 3rd stringers? I can't remember.
Who is paying more for a QB they traded than what Dak is making?

What is do funny is you're triggered by me saying Wentz has 8 minutes in the playoffs while Dak beat Wilson in the playoffs. Seems you hate Dak so much you can't even be a Cowboys fan and taking up for the eagles

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Bu...bu....Wentz. I love how Dak's lack of any playoff success while entirely healthy is because it's the team. But Wentz hasn't played a playoff game.....yea we get it man, injury is only an issue when your name is Dak Prescott.
Dak has a playoff win, not really sure why you can't stand the fact that Dak has produced in the playoffs, including beating Wilson while Wentz has 8 minutes

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Who is paying more for a QB they traded than what Dak is making?

What is do funny is you're triggered by me saying Wentz has 8 minutes in the playoffs while Dak beat Wilson in the playoffs. Seems you hate Dak so much you can't even be a Cowboys fan and taking up for the eagles
who's triggered? I'm just pointing out that Wentz, with 3rd string players, beat the much-touted stats, Prescott. What's your take on what Jimmy said about dak?

"Jimmy Johnson: Cowboys QB Dak 'Can't Carry A Team' To Super Bowl. ... I like Dak,'' said Johnson, speaking to Colin Cowherd on FSI. "I think he can win you a championship if he has great players around him. I don't think Dak can carry a football team if he doesn't have great players around him."

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
who's triggered? I'm just pointing out that Wentz, with 3rd string players, beat the much-touted stats, Prescott. What's your take on what Jimmy said about dak?

"Jimmy Johnson: Cowboys QB Dak 'Can't Carry A Team' To Super Bowl. ... I like Dak,'' said Johnson, speaking to Colin Cowherd on FSI. "I think he can win you a championship if he has great players around him. I don't think Dak can carry a football team if he doesn't have great players around him."
I'm pointing out that Dak has a win against Wilson and Seattle in the playoffs and you talk about a division rival game in the regular season. Guess the regular season is all some of you "fans" care about now a days.

Dre11

Reaction score
Did you miss the first sentence of my post?

You always go into attack mode when someone questions you even a little bit. Maybe it's time to grow up a little bit. You can question someone's opinion without the vitriol that you prefer to use.
I don't go into attack mode, I go into proving my point, if you don't like it, ignore my post period.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'm pointing out that Dak has a win against Wilson and Seattle in the playoffs and you talk about a division rival game in the regular season. Guess the regular season is all some of you "fans" care about now a days.
don't gloss over Jimmy's reply, what are your thoughts on it?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
don't gloss over Jimmy's reply, what are your thoughts on it?
What did he say? The way you are so hyped up I would guess its something negative about Dak. But let's act like all these media guys don't flip flop or say wild things for views

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
In 2016 Cowherd was one of Dak's biggest cheerleaders. "He checks all the boxes" was something I remember him saying.

Now this. People need to realize what these talking heads in the media are paid to do. Cowherd's opinions mean nothing. Just like Skip Bayless and all the others on shows like this.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
What did he say? The way you are so hyped up I would guess its something negative about Dak. But let's act like all these media guys don't flip flop or say wild things for views
Who's "hyped up"? it was a simple question.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Who's "hyped up"? it was a simple question.

Not a single player in the history of football has carried a football team to a championship. Every QB needs players around them to win.

Dre11

Reaction score

just in February he said Da was an outstanding qb? so what's your point?

“They need to get him signed! They should have given in to the four-year deal last year. Would have saved them some money. They wanted five years. But they’ve got to get him signed. And not only is he an outstanding quarterback, he’s not Patrick Mahomes, but he is an outstanding quarterback and on top of that he is a great leader. Leader for that football team. So they need to get him signed. And the other thing is, until you find somebody better, you don’t ever give up a quarterback.”

“...They should have signed him three years ago. They should have signed him two years ago. They should have signed him, you know, last offseason. And every time they did not sign him, the price just kept going up. But they need to get it done.”

What Johnson said here is pretty general and widely-known information, yet somehow it still needs to be said. For the third year in a row the Cowboys are trying to lock down (to say it again) the most important player in the locker room and seemingly refuse to pay him market rate when they have had no issue reaching that price for low-level positions that Jaylon Smith and Ezekiel Elliott play.

Prescott’s leadership has always been a talking point when it comes to assets that he brings to the table. While some have questioned exactly how tangible this is, the state of the Cowboys locker room this past season when he was absent from it on a weekly basis seems to put that all in perspective.

Last edited:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I think you see the point. If Jimmy is saying this in public what is he saying about Dak when the camera is off? Of course, he's saying he likes Dak, what do you want him to say? "Dak is slow on reads and at times panic when pressured. That's why the ball is sometimes high, low, and in the ground." You know what's funny, I don't have a lot of problems with Dak, it's his overzealous "groupies" who magnify everything he does to the max.

He's a good average quarterback who needs a lot of pieces to look average to good.

Leadership:
Dak studied educational psychology and workforce leadership in college. The guy knows what to say and do.

kskboys

Reaction score
Why do people listen to this Cowherd clown? He actually said "Nobody improves after year fine in the league." What a maroon..

Check out this list of QBs and the year they had their best seasons

Brady (8)
Montana (12)
Rodgers (15)
Favre (17)
Elway (11)
Manning, Peyton (7)
Brees (18)

Those are just the ones that came to me off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others. The point is, QB is the one position where the advancement of the mind enables a player to continue to improve as long as his body holds up. The rush to declare that Dak or any other QB can't get any better after year 5 simply makes no sense. I can pretty much guarantee Dak will be a better QB in 2030 than he is today. As long as injuries don't take him down.
Having your best season doesn't indicate necessarily that they improved. Scheme and team around them play a huge part.

kskboys

Reaction score
just in February he said Da was an outstanding qb? so what's your point?

“They need to get him signed! They should have given in to the four-year deal last year. Would have saved them some money. They wanted five years. But they’ve got to get him signed. And not only is he an outstanding quarterback, he’s not Patrick Mahomes, but he is an outstanding quarterback and on top of that he is a great leader. Leader for that football team. So they need to get him signed. And the other thing is, until you find somebody better, you don’t ever give up a quarterback.”

“...They should have signed him three years ago. They should have signed him two years ago. They should have signed him, you know, last offseason. And every time they did not sign him, the price just kept going up. But they need to get it done.”

What Johnson said here is pretty general and widely-known information, yet somehow it still needs to be said. For the third year in a row the Cowboys are trying to lock down (to say it again) the most important player in the locker room and seemingly refuse to pay him market rate when they have had no issue reaching that price for low-level positions that Jaylon Smith and Ezekiel Elliott play.

Prescott’s leadership has always been a talking point when it comes to assets that he brings to the table. While some have questioned exactly how tangible this is, the state of the Cowboys locker room this past season when he was absent from it on a weekly basis seems to put that all in perspective.
The 35 mil/season they offered last year is market rate.