Video: Colin Cowherd reacts to Dak's contract

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
When the FO cannot tell the difference between good and great, they will continue to pay great for good. This is nothing new. It is the reason what they are what they are.

The evaluation of talent and pricing of that talent is the Achilles Heel of this franchise and I do not see that changing.
Hmmm..

The problem is Dallas falls in love with their own strategies about building the roster.

They have a player..like a Tank who really had only one good season in his original contract..

And suddenly Tank hold out and then receives a huge deal..then he regressed.

The same with Zeke..holdout..big contract..regression.

Jaylon..one good season in 2018 and big contract then regression.

The FO does not really know what these guys are going to do next.

Now comes Dak.

Anybody wish to predict Dak regressing?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
And the Cowboys could have had Brady and dealt Dak if they tried. But such bold, creative thinking is above the guys we have in charge.
Well your right partially, it would have been bold to go after brady, and at least try, also meaning they saw brady could still play.
But they didnt see that as many others here did not see it either. I remember many brady is done comments.

But and this is a big but lol, I dont think brady would have come here for 2 reasons.
1. he grew up a 49's fan, and to him dallas was the enemy, like we see the eagles giants, and SF, etc.
2. I think he is smart enough to know playing here with jones boys running things, and meddling, and with MM as HC, Kellen as OC,
There would be less of a chance at getting to another SB, and brady being smart, lol he picked the right team, and lo and behold, SB win
in his first year.
I myself thought TB might be a mistake because of hc arians, but guess I was wrong.

So bottom line even IF the jones boys had tried , I doubt Brady would have come here. Even offering him 50 mil a year would not have done it,
as he wants to win more than make extra millions. To brady 25 mil a year is just fine if he gets to a SB, even better if he wins it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
At some point, and I think it started with Romo, fans started to become more fans of certain players then the actual team.

You see so many people happy that Dak got paid, but there not getting a dime of that money, and all they'll get out of it is more years of failure.

Another argument I hate is the "You wouldn't take less at your job either to make the "team better". I hate that argument for a few reasons. Does my job lead to endorsement deals that also pay me millions upon millions a year? Does my job have some way to publicly recognize me as the one of the greatest ever at my job leading to more opportunities to make more millions once I retire in my late 30s?
Well I agree, I hate that argument and some others as well , like brady has a rich wife lol.
And yeah fan worship players, and live thru them somehow so dak getting paid, is somehow like them getting paid too lol.

I will say this though, the contract isnt that bad, Dak I think from listening to him at the pc, will be very motivated, to do well, partly to prove
he can overcome the injury, and prove jerry made the right choice.
I think we may see a better Dak than before.

The thing is I dont know if a better Dak can overcome the culture, and a team that is just to me disorganized and is a patchwork team,
with many flawed patches, like jaylon, ewok, our defense as a whole, kellen, and MM and his poor game mgmt and their poor game plans.
It is alot to overcome, especially in playoffs.

But overall I see the injury causing a " reborn" dak, and now all the money, and show of support by jerry, adds to that even more, I just think
he might do pretty good, better than the previous dak.
Have to wait for season to get underway, but right now I will predict a better dak at qb this fall.

And he is better than most of the qb's around the league. I wont say top 5 or top 10, I think those type rankings are stupid.
I just think the team will do better with him than most others around the league, but again he has alot working against him as far as playoff success.
Same as Romo , without the right support no qb is going to the SB or do well in playoffs.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak’s record 10-11 over the past two years.
Numbers don’t lie. Truth hurts.
Dum dum
Then leave! It’s obviously over for you and the haters. Come back when he’s gone . Otherwise you’re justa TROLL

dckid

Reaction score
Then leave! It’s obviously over for you and the haters. Come back when he’s gone . Otherwise you’re justa TROLL
No I am a Cowboys fan. Why would I leave? You should leave. If you can't handle the truth its not my fault.
It's your emotional weakness that leads you to personal attacks. Let logic and common sense guide you. I will pull you out of Jerry's orbit.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Hmmm..

The problem is Dallas falls in love with their own strategies about building the roster.

They have a player..like a Tank who really had only one good season in his original contract..

And suddenly Tank hold out and then receives a huge deal..then he regressed.

The same with Zeke..holdout..big contract..regression.

Jaylon..one good season in 2018 and big contract then regression.

The FO does not really know what these guys are going to do next.

Now comes Dak.

Anybody wish to predict Dak regressing?
I dont think Dak regresses if he can come back 100 percent, but I do believe we have already seen his ceiling.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
When you post on a forum for all to see, it's open for discussion, that's what this is a discussion board, if you don't want your point discussed, then don't put it out there, or maybe a "discussion board" isn't for you
Did you miss the first sentence of my post?

You always go into attack mode when someone questions you even a little bit. Maybe it's time to grow up a little bit. You can question someone's opinion without the vitriol that you prefer to use.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How many playoff games has he won without that legion of boom defense..... better yet what's his record since then
I've asked the same thing....even showed them that Dak sent Russell Wilson home as well lol...they talk about Dak "only" had one playoff win...it came at the hands of Russell Wilson too lol.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yep, Philly's legion of 3rd stringers was just too much for Dak to beat. It came at the hands of Wentz too.

dckid

Reaction score
I dont think Dak regresses if he can come back 100 percent, but I do believe we have already seen his ceiling.
The deed is already done. Giving him 40 million a year and the most guaranteed money was plain and simple stupid. He does not take you any closer to a title.
The problem is our front office is too scared of the unknown. They don’t trust their talent evaluation process.
Think about this Dak was probably the best value to cost player at the QB position the past 5 years even with GM the franchise tag. We got the best years out of him. Don’t overpay just find the next 4th round pick. No one says it’s easy, but the smart teams do it and will do it. Paying a large sum is easy.
I like Dak but it will not end well.