College Bowl thread

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Roadtrip635;4943950 said:
Depends on what side you're on. Being an Aggie, this is hugely entertaining and been a long time coming to feel good about the Aggie Football program.

Well deserved! I am not an Aggie but glad that program has turned it around. They have a solid team..and I love seeing OU embarrassed.

RS12

Reaction score
Brian Bosworth ‏@GotBoz44
I'm going home and taking like 9 sleeping pillz...I called A&M as a good team..but no excuse 4 not competing..OUr bowl record z unacceptable
Retweeted by Ira Schoffel/TDO.com
from Austin, TX Reply Retweet Favorite

:laugh2:

RS12

Reaction score
Rich Cirminiello ‏@RichCirminiello
Bob Stoops appeared visibly lost for much of tonight’s Cotton Bowl. It’s a look he’s been known to where frequently this time of year.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

BTW Jerry is supposed to be a big Stoops fan.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Great finish to the season for the Ags. I'm really proud of these kids and what they did in their first SEC season.

...if only the basketball team could show up like this...

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Cythim;4944005 said:
Great finish to the season for the Ags. I'm really proud of these kids and what they did in their first SEC season.

...if only the basketball team could show up like this...

Greedy...:eek::

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Roadtrip635;4943950 said:
Depends on what side you're on. Being an Aggie, this is hugely entertaining and been a long time coming to feel good about the Aggie Football program.

:bow:

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Cythim;4944046 said:
We lost to Southern the other week... Southern...

Ha! Well you guys have the football team rolling. I imagine they will be highly ranked next year.

One sport at a time. People are talking about the Aggies nationally. Must feel good.

jimmy40

Reaction score
the best thing about last night? No bonecrusher posts till October.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
jimmy40;4944250 said:
the best thing about last night? No bonecrusher posts till October.

:lmao2:

Just an awful game for my Sooners last night. That kid Manziel is lightning. Our defense just could not do anything, and neither could the offense.

I think Oklahoma needs a new OC. I just think Josh Heupel is just not up to giving Oklahoma what it needs in this offense.

Oklahoma has some serious talent at QB behind Landry, so I am excited to see next year.

Gratz to A&M.

We'll see you next year jimmy

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Dallas;4944340 said:

Just an awful game for my Sooners last night. That kid Manziel is lightning. Our defense just could not do anything, and neither could the offense.

I think Oklahoma needs a new OC. I just think Josh Heupel is just not up to giving Oklahoma what it needs in this offense.

Oklahoma has some serious talent at QB behind Landry, so I am excited to see next year.

Gratz to A&M.

With the talent that both OU and UT haul in every year, there is no excuse for them to both not be in BCS bowls and ending the year with at most 2 losses.....I know UT is definitely underachieving, but in bowl games, so does OU for the most part in the last several years.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Biggems;4944418 said:
With the talent that both OU and UT haul in every year, there is no excuse for them to both not be in BCS bowls and ending the year with at most 2 losses.....I know UT is definitely underachieving, but in bowl games, so does OU for the most part in the last several years.

Correct. They have top 10 classes every year. Stoops has underachieved for 10 years now.

Even if you like him, he's gotten stale. It's time for change.

DFWJC

Reaction score
We all know how inexact the recruiting services are.
I mean you just had a freshman Heisman winner that was rated 3 stars by Rivals as a duel threat QB coming out.

But still, at a minimum you would think a team that has top 10 recruiting classes would on average finish at least in the top 15 or so. On average.

The 2013 recruiting classes for OU and Texas are ranked 13th and 18th respectively by Rivals.
UT has suppossedly great recruiting classes in 2011 and 2012, so they don't have too many excuses this coming season to not be a top 10 team....assuming those rating where halfway accurate.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Dallas;4944340 said:

Gratz to A&M.

I can't even describe to you how bad it is to live in the middle of aggie nation right about now. I don't blame aggie for being uber exited about Johnny Manzeil (the guy is just amazing)but these clowns acting like they've been a big part of SEC history for 100 years is too much to take. Oh and if Bama wins the championship I'm sure they'll post another national title on Kyle Field to go with the other 2 they made up this year. And one more thing, I don't ever want to hear aggie talk about Tshirt fans again now that they actually have some.

Watching the game last night I thought Greg Davis was calling plays for OU.

question Dallas, would Stoops still be there if it wasn't for the annual raping of Mack Brown?

Aikbach

Reaction score
Roadtrip635;4944070 said:
Just read this interesting stat...

"Teams from the state of Texas improved to 12-1 in bowl games over the past two seasons, with the only loss coming by TCU in this season's Holiday Bowl."

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/colleges
Poor editing by the news room, TCU played in the Buffalo Wild Wing Bowl, Baylor trounced UCLA in the Holiday Bowl.

DFWJC

Reaction score
MartinRamone;4943967 said:
Manziel is the real deal, he will give Clowney a fight for the 1st pick.

I rewatched the game, because I can't believe my eyes.
This kid IS for real.
And yes, he can really throw it too.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Roadtrip635;4943886 said:
He's only a freshman, gonna be a fun couple years watching him play at A&M

I bet he keeps growing too.

Size 15 shoes and hands TE size of mike jordans