College Bowl thread

DFWJC

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a generic bowl thread.

Anyway, Baylor is just crushing UCLA! 35-10 at halftime.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
The Big-12 has two games left to prove why they are ahead of the Pac-12 in the conference standings. I expected UCLA to give Baylor a little bit more of a fight than this. :laugh2:

Why is the UCLA blue so bright? It doesn't look right.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Cythim;4923142 said:
The Big-12 has two games left to prove why they are ahead of the Pac-12 in the conference standings. I expected UCLA to give Baylor a little bit more of a fight than this. :laugh2:

Why is the UCLA blue so bright? It doesn't look right.

all these stupid new uniforms by nike.....just go back to the classic colors and uniforms and leave them be.

Aikbach

Reaction score
I hate those green matte helmets Baylor pulls out the last two bowls, but they won both so whatever I guess, I prefer the traditional gold.

I'll say this though for the 2012 squad, sweet finish to the season after it all almost slipped away with a four game stumble in mid year.

Also proves the team is a genuine hub for some talent, silencing the lazy naysayers and wishful thinkers that hoped Baylor would disappear without RG3.

I expect the Big 12 to prevail in all its matchups, the two Oregon teams providing very close contests.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Funny how some claimed after RGIII left that Baylor would go back to the bottom. Briles is a damn fine coach and has that Baylor program moving in the right direction. Sure it will be tough to get the same type of recruiting classes of a Texas or OU but you win you get national exposure it becomes a lot easier getting kids who want to play for your program

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
I had no idea there was another bowl game going on this afternoon. Ohio is crushing ULM in the No One Remembered This Bowl Bowl. No wonder LaTech didn't want to play there.

Tonight is the Huh? Bowl between Rutgers and Virginia Tech and they Why? Bowl between Minnesota and Texas Tech.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cythim;4923909 said:
Tonight is the Huh? Bowl between Rutgers and Virginia Tech and they Why? Bowl between Minnesota and Texas Tech.

Yeah, about the same is the "What?" bowl between Baylor and UCLA last night.

Things will get better in a day or two.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score

revospeed

Reaction score
Biggems;4923159 said:
all these stupid new uniforms by nike.....just go back to the classic colors and uniforms and leave them be.

I thought UCLA was sponsored by Adidas.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So both Techs pulled one out last night. VT by 3 and TT by 3 as well.

There have been a lot of close games so far.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I would take a flyer on Sam McGuffie in the late rounds or undrafted FA. Could be a flex option with his experience at RB and WR

hairic

Reaction score
Haha, the refs and ESPN announcers didn't see #13 on that Smith intentional grounding in the endzone. He threw the ball right at #13, but he was blocking on the play. It was called intentional grounding for a safety. They even showed the replay a few times and still didn't comprehend what Smith was complaining about, just assumed that he was frustrated. That was just poor.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
That was some of the worst clock management I've ever seen from Oregon State there. Even if you thought it was a 1st down, call the timeout anyway to stop the clock! Let the refs sort things out and if you're right, they'll put back time on the clock and maybe even give you back that timeout.

Can't believe Riley just let it run all the way down :laugh2:

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4925573 said:
That was some of the worst clock management I've ever seen from Oregon State there. Even if you thought it was a 1st down, call the timeout anyway to stop the clock! Let the refs sort things out and if you're right, they'll put back time on the clock and maybe even give you back that timeout.

Can't believe Riley just let it run all the way down :laugh2:

Yeah, someone on that sideline should be aware of the ref's hand signals. There was no first down and hands waived over the head to stop the clock. Fortunately for him, McCoy isn't on the bench to save the game.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
This Oregon St QB is awful but his offensive coordinator isn't helping either. They're dominating Texas running the ball but the OC keeps trying to put the game in his QB's hands like he's Peyton