Video: College Highlight Reel of Legendary Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone called Romo elite. But he was a very good QB, who was snakebit and held back by the poor management and coaching of the Cowboys franchise for most of his career. The Cowboys lucked into a competitor who earned his way, and Parcells knew it. I remember the media mentioned the flashy potential young QBs with the big arms from big schools while he was playing the veterans, and he said something to the effect of “hey there’s another guy who is making waves in practice who could be someone”, referring to Romo. Even in those videos you can see his accuracy, whether from the pocket or on the run. An average QB doesn’t lead the NFL in passer rating or is consistently in the top five or seven QBs in the league in his prime. Nor do they have former QBs like Trent Dilfer fawn over them.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Lol what???? He was top 10 once in 2014. You ppl need to watch other teams play

Romo's yearly passer rating ranking:
2006 - #5
2007 - #5
2008 - #8
2009 - #8
2010 - Injured
2011 - #7
2012 - #10
2013 - #8
2014 - #1
Average - #5.5

In other words, and entirely contrary to your nonsensical take, Romo was "NEVER" worse than #10.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Romo's yearly passer rating ranking:
2006 - #5
2007 - #5
2008 - #8
2009 - #8
2010 - Injured
2011 - #7
2012 - #10
2013 - #8
2014 - #1
Average - #5.5

In other words, and entirely contrary to your nonsensical take, Romo was "NEVER" worse than #10.
I hate to break it to you but no1 uses just passer rating as a metric.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
It's amazing how someone who looks so slow could be so elusive.

I'm convinced it was his basketball background. I've never seen anyone play with the feet Romo has in the pocket.

On a different note, I'll never understand why the debate about Romo always has to divert to Romo vs Dak.

Can't they both be good players in their own right?

I think so.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm convinced it was his basketball background. I've never seen anyone play with the feet Romo has in the pocket.

On a different note, I'll never understand why the debate about Romo always has to divert to Romo vs Dak.

Can't they both be good players in their own right?

I think so.
I agree, the comparison became moot once Romo retired.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I would like to point out one thing. The game Romo botched as the placeholder . . . I blame Parcells for that one. Romo took the heat for the loss, of course. But Parcells should have never put him in that position to begin with. I'll never forget it. That's probably my 2nd most hated moment as a fan, aside from Emmitt running for the stupid record. I could only blame Parcells for lacking the foresight to have your QB as your placeholder. I understand position flex, but for crying out loud. You take away reps at QB from practice, and STs can't practice correctly without practicing with the same guys you play with.. It was just a dumb use of Romo's time. He could have been on the sideline preparing for the next drive, etc.

Nope.

He's the placeholder for the extra-point kicker.

Not to sound Cliche', but who does that?

Just dumb coaching.

I would have liked to see Parcells coach Dak. That would be interesting. Somehow, I'm glad Dak has more of a chance with McCarthy than Romo had with Garrett. While McCarthy is miles better than Garrett, he may not be the right kind of coach for Dak either.

Thankfully, we're giving him a well-deserved chance after last season, but thankfully for Dak's career, we haven't hitched our horse to McCarthy just yet.

Last edited: