College Production for Defensive Backs

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1971915 said:
lol

btw, I said McKelvin had a great Senior Bowl, not just a good one

It would've been nice to see him play in the actual game instead of just practice, though.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1971929 said:
It would've been nice to see him play in the actual game instead of just practice, though.

meh, it would have been nice, but the scouts take the workouts more into consideration

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
He just wasn't that dominant of a player, even at Troy. He doesn't have natural hands and kind of fights the ball when going for the INT, he didn't make a lot of plays on the ball and his combine wasn't as solid as some of the other top CBs. A lot of people have McKelvin as their #2 guy though. Really I think he's more like the 4th or 5th.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
masomenos85;1971463 said:
One thing that I've started doing when looking at the CBs is creating a "Plays On Ball" stat, which is basically just INTs + Deflections, then divide that number by pass attempts for a POB percentage.

Sometimes players also are credited with a PD when they make an interception, so that stat might not be accurate.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i would be absolutely ecstatic if we drafted 2 CBs in the draft and they were Cason and Chevis.....two CBs who put up great numbers against top tier competition.