Twitter: Collins worked at LG today/talks returning to the Cowboys

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Collins said he’s open to playing any offensive line position. “I’ll play fullback, I don’t care. I’m just happy to be here and I just want to help these guys win. … There are a lot of great things that this team has to offer. You can feel it when you walk in this building.” Health? “This is the best my body has felt in a long time. I really feel like this is the reset button that’s gonna help prolong my career.”

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Question: could Collins be a long-term solution at LG, if the Cowboys move Tyler Smith to LT next year?

Of course, no one knows at this point, but it is an intriguing question. I always believed Collins was more suited to play LG than RT in his first stint in Dallas.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Awesome to hear the Cowboys are practicing La'el Collins at Left Guard in case Tyler Smith can't go because of his recent fully torn plantar fascia. If La'el's knee holds up and he is able to move and push on it well, La'el should be a very good backup fit to Tyler inside at Left Guard. Pretty sure La'el could play either of the Tackle positions if needed as well. Just imagining La'el and Tyron Smith lined up together on the left side should seriously help the run game. As long as La'el's knee holds up, this was a good pickup to bring La'el back.

PS: Now only if the Patriots were to suddenly fire Zeke? We sure could use him here in short yardage situations, along with inside the Red Zone at the goal line and backfield pass protection.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
What did I say, I'LL PLAY WHEREVER they want me to play lol that's humble pie right there.

Oh oh and he's in the best shape dear Lord

CCBoy

Reaction score
Wow. That is private.
I was a Senior NCO and you are wrong, I got a like from her for your busy body crap. There are valid norms and that didn't cross that...even if you assume authority and enforceability NOT YOURS. Mind YOUR own business, buddy.

Up again, for the Hall!!!!!

Reaction score
Question: could Collins be a long-term solution at LG, if the Cowboys move Tyler Smith to LT next year?

Of course, no one knows at this point, but it is an intriguing question. I always believed Collins was more suited to play LG than RT in his first stint in Dallas.
Or center! We need a center that can hold his ground at a minimum.