Colombo signed contract extension

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
4yr deal per DMN. Didnt see this posted in here, if it was was feel free to move or delete.

Boysboy

Reaction score
dbair1967;2472765 said:
4yr deal per DMN. Didnt see this posted in here, if it was was feel free to move or delete.

I'm glad we locked him for another 4 years. He's underwhelmed a bit this year, but pretty much so has the entire team.

The guy's a beast with alot of leadership qualities. Good for Jerry to keep him.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Average player that Jones no doubt overpaid for.

I wonder how many years it will take Jones to realize that it's foolish to keep re-signing players who - collectively - have shown they cannot win.

bigE79

Reaction score
dbair1967;2472765 said:
great news...MC IS A BEAST:star:

bigE79

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2472768 said:

I wonder how many years it will take Jones to realize that it's foolish to keep re-signing players who - collectively - have shown they cannot win.
:rolleyes:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2472768 said:

exactly....and too bad Columbo gets lumped into this....but you cannot keep a lockeroom of underachievers intact

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I'm surprised Jerry is so willing to throw around his money right now. I think I would be a little stingy at this point. Either way, I like Columbo, truth be told we need 3 more of him along the OL.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2472775 said:
I'm surprised Jerry is so willing to throw around his money right now. I think I would be a little stingy at this point. .

DMN said they had been working on the extension for quite some time.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Probably wanted to get this done and out of the way so they can concentrate on Ware's next year...and any other potential FAs.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
When was the last time we even let a half decent player walk? If you're a starter and you're not awful, Jerry will resign you. I like Columbo because of his toughness and his heart and let's face it, he doesn't have any competition for his spot, I just hope we didn't overpay.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
I like columbo alot, he shows his emotion and to me is the heart of the line. a few penalties, but i still am very happy to have locked him in.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I like Marc Colombo. He might not be a great right tackle or athletically gifted becuase of his past knee injuries, but he'll fight. He's got a real nasty edge to him and I like that in an o-lineman.

I didn't here the great Lamarr Woodley's name much yesterday. Colombo did a nice job.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2472798 said:
Probably wanted to get this done and out of the way so they can concentrate on Ware's next year...and any other potential FAs.

I thought he planned on getting this done right before Giants game... get Colombo pumped. ;)

Give Jerry credit for getting Romo all the tools(keeping good pieces)...

landryscorner

Reaction score
4 more years wow, that means that in 4 years colombo will have how many false starts???

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
theebs;2472868 said:
LOL

at the people who think this is a bad thing.
LOL at anyone who thinks Columbo is anything more than an average player.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2472873 said:
LOL at anyone who thinks Columbo is anything more than an average player.

I'd bet nobody in the Cowboys organization would agree with you that he is just average.

He is a damn good pass blocker for a Right Tackle and a really good run blocker as well.

My bet is you couldn't tell a great offensive linemen from a bad one.

Colombo is a good solid player and can match up with anyone lined up across from him.

yesfan

Reaction score
Good to here.I think he earned it.Consider where he was a few years
ago with his knee torn apart.He always gives it his all.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
I don't know if Columbo is anything resembling an outstanding player, but I'm certain this is better than the alternative of starting one of the backup tackles or praying that someone we draft in the 2nd or 3rd round is a capable starter. The bed was made for the Cowboys when they failed to groom young tackles to replace Columbo and Adams.