Colombo signed contract extension

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I like Colombo and feel he's worth it. I know the team didn't break the bank on him. He wants to be hear and im sure Sexton and Jones made the numbers work.

He is a solid RT and gets the job done. This line needs continuity and now it will gel even further together.

Dallas fans are the most spoiled little kids in the NFL. Im starting to believe it more and more w/ each loss.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2472979 said:
LOL at the people who foolishly don't know about the importance of having continuity on the Oline, we have that for at least the next 2 years
Overpaying for players has really gotten us far this year hasn't it?

Columbo's hardly an outstanding player, and now they're giving him a $12M bonus?

The Cowboys' OL isn't great at run blocking, and the passblocking is really worse than it appears because Romo's mobility has prevented so many sacks. The OL is better than average as a whole, but it's not top-tier. Yet Gurode, Davis, Flozell, and apparently now Columbo, are among the highest paid players at their respective positions. When you look at the $ involved, this ought to be the best OL, or very near it. It isn't. They couldn't carry the NYG OL's water.

There's something to be said for continuity, but what we haven't seen is a consistent top-level performance. What we need is an infusion of younger players, especially since they gave 33 yr old Flozell Adams a mint.

landryscorner

Reaction score
I agree Colombo is now an Overpaid Cowboys player, like so many others *cough* carp *cough*

yah I know he don't make much, still overpaid....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
landryscorner;2473718 said:
I agree Colombo is now an Overpaid Cowboys player, like so many others *cough* carp *cough*

yah I know he don't make much, still overpaid....

I think you could say that about 95% of the players in the league.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2473118 said:
This is GREAT news. Not good, GREAT. I was worried about losing him to FA after this year, especially to Parcells. His mean streak and toughness is something we really needed to keep.

Absolutely.

dasander

Reaction score
I would take Colombo over Flozzell Adams. I don't know why we resigned Flozzell for so much. Colombo is younger too. We need to start developing some younger linemen however. Maybe in another year Free will be ready.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
another OVERPAID AVERAGE GUY signed prematurely.

just like many, many others on dallas.

terrible job - as usual - jerruh.

dbair1967;2472765 said:
4yr deal per DMN. Didnt see this posted in here, if it was was feel free to move or delete.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
dbair1967;2472765 said:
4yr deal per DMN. Didnt see this posted in here, if it was was feel free to move or delete.

WOW Great great news. I was really frightened that he would become a cap casualty. Now we are set at the Line for a few more years. I hope Holland gets also a extension. I think like he played the last 2 games Kosier may be gone.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm still not finding this being reported anywhere. Even DMN where it was said to be found.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2473675 said:
Overpaying for players has really gotten us far this year hasn't it?

Columbo's hardly an outstanding player, and now they're giving him a $12M bonus?

The Cowboys' OL isn't great at run blocking, and the passblocking is really worse than it appears because Romo's mobility has prevented so many sacks. The OL is better than average as a whole, but it's not top-tier. Yet Gurode, Davis, Flozell, and apparently now Columbo, are among the highest paid players at their respective positions. When you look at the $ involved, this ought to be the best OL, or very near it. It isn't. They couldn't carry the NYG OL's water.

There's something to be said for continuity, but what we haven't seen is a consistent top-level performance. What we need is an infusion of younger players, especially since they gave 33 yr old Flozell Adams a mint.

While I absolutely agree that this unit isn't as good as the Giants unit I'd like to point out something.

Continuity.

Just a couple of years ago most Giants fans were calling for the heads of the majority of that O-Line that has now been starting for them for the best part of two straight seasons because they weren't that good for while.

Continuity means so much on the front line. I think people saw that with just having Kyle in there. The run blocking and pass blocking was simply better when all five were in there together. I just don't think you can over-value continuity.

bigE79

Reaction score
chinch;2473753 said:
another OVERPAID AVERAGE GUY signed prematurely.

just like many, many others on dallas.

terrible job - as usual - jerruh.
Yea...we were much better off with tucker, pettiti and rogers and they were cheap too:lmao2:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
dbair1967;2472765 said:

Good, now I can buy his jersey. I wish his tenacity would rub off on the rest of the o-line. What's up with Holland? That's another scrapper I like...:starspin

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2473675 said:
The Cowboys' OL isn't great at run blocking, and the passblocking is really worse than it appears because Romo's mobility has prevented so many sacks.

Sorry but did you see the steelers game yesterday ? Did you here Aikman saying near the end of the third quater that the Steelers D don't know what to against this Cowboys offense ?

How many sacks did this OLine give up against the No.1 D in sacks ?
For How many Yards rushed our THIRD STRING RB ? Now how many other RB rushed for that kind of yds against those Steelers ?

Did you see how we ran out the clock against the Skins ? Don't you think we were able to do that because the Skins Front was tired and that because of our Oline ?

Hu ? i guess you didn't follow the NFL the last few weeks....

Continuity especially at the OL is very important. There may be better players in the league at each position but didn't we learn something from last years Giants or from this years Cowboys ? It's much more important how you play together then with whom you play.

That Romo sucks in important games on a regular basis doesn't mean that the OLine is playing bad football.

So this signing is just a great one.

JPM

Reaction score
bigE79;2473786 said:
Yea...we were much better off with tucker, pettiti and rogers and they were cheap too:lmao2:
We could always move Procter to RT.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I like the signing as it means we will bring most of this team back and we won't have to draft for need and instead we can fix some other holes such as more depth at the O Line and LB postions.