Colombo signed contract extension

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I know after the Commanders game that Brian Broadus said that there were people in the Cowboys organization that wanted Colombo moved to Left Tackle and Flozell moved to Right after Flo's struggles.

Flo has picked it up, imo, since that Washington game.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2472768 said:
Average player that Jones no doubt overpaid for.

I wonder how many years it will take Jones to realize that it's foolish to keep re-signing players who - collectively - have shown they cannot win.

I think he is clearly above average and this is one less hole to fill next year. This is good news.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I hadn't heard this but I am all for keeping Colombo. I think he's a quality player and one of the most underrated things in football is continuity on the offensive line. I like that this gives us that.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm glad they did. Colombo is a very good right tackle. Only wish that could get back all that guaranteed money from ME-O.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Colombo brings attitude to that O-Line. He is the first to the pile to protect his players. Good signing as long as they did not break the bank.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2472873 said:
LOL at anyone who thinks Columbo is anything more than an average player.

LOL at the people who foolishly don't know about the importance of having continuity on the Oline, we have that for at least the next 2 years

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BIGDen;2472938 said:
I think he is clearly above average and this is one less hole to fill next year. This is good news.

Games are won in the trenches and while Colombo may not be a HoF right tackle, he is one of the better ones in the league. On top of that, he is a great teammate and he has a nasty disposition on the playing field.

All things I like to have when battling in the trenches.

Colombo was a good signing, ME-O resigning maybe... not so good. Hindsight is a *****.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I like Columbo, he's good. Don't know how much we paid. But it keeps our line intact for at least another year and continuity on hte offensive line is under rated.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
This is good news. That leaves only Ware to sign to have this group of talent long term if we want them.

Smith22

Reaction score
Hostile;2472984 said:
This is good news. That leaves only Ware to sign to have this group of talent long term if we want them.

Yep. We basically stole him from Chicago for peanuts. I like the signing as long as we didn't overpay for him. Ware is a no brainer. I can only imagine the ungodly amount of money he will be getting.

Tobal

Reaction score
I'd take him any day on my team... How many RT would you take over him. He's damn solid, you win with guys like him, hell look at the Giants.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2472979 said:
LOL at the people who foolishly don't know about the importance of having continuity on the Oline, we have that for at least the next 2 years

LOL at people who LOL at people who LOL at other people's comments (LOL!). ;)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
This is GREAT news. Not good, GREAT. I was worried about losing him to FA after this year, especially to Parcells. His mean streak and toughness is something we really needed to keep.

DTK

Reaction score
Good signing if its market value. Columbo is the only guy on the OLINE that has a nasty streak. Is he great - no. But he is solid and a guy I'd want on my side in a fight. We don't have enough guys with that nasty streak in them.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Tells us what they think of McQrap, Freebo, and company.

;)

:)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Norm said it is a 4 year deal with a 12 million dollar bonus. that is all he had at the moment.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I like Colombo's attitude and his effort. Now can we cut Corey Procter?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Double Trouble;2472768 said:
Average player that Jones no doubt overpaid for.

I wonder how many years it will take Jones to realize that it's foolish to keep re-signing players who - collectively - have shown they cannot win.

If we promise to give you lots of attention, will you post more?

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2473118 said:
This is GREAT news. Not good, GREAT. I was worried about losing him to FA after this year, especially to Parcells. His mean streak and toughness is something we really needed to keep.

Agreed. We need a few more players on the lines with his nasty tude.