Colonist on Alpha Centauri planet?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All robots would belong to me and I'm the one person allowed to have guns. So if they wanted to kill me they'd have to fight through my robot army first.
This story is starting to shape up as an all-new Will Smith summer blockbuster movie!

Wait. The robots would slap him back.

Nevermind.

Hardline

Reaction score
You just basically stole the plot from the movie Passengers with the beautiful Jennifer Lawrence.

jennifer-lawrence-passazhiry-dzhennifer-lourens-passengers-2.jpg

terra

Reaction score
You just basically stole the plot from the movie Passengers with the beautiful Jennifer Lawrence.

jennifer-lawrence-passazhiry-dzhennifer-lourens-passengers-2.jpg
I think she looks better as a brunette but I would not kick her out of bed for being blond. She does have a rep- or did anyway since she seems to have disappeared- as a goofball.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
A hundred years from now our descendants will be seeing the promos on the evening news....

"Coming Soon - Survivor Alpha Centauri."

Keith Richards will have replaced Probst as the host.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Where's there's prey there are predators. There will end up being dinosaurs, or SUV sized wolves with armadillo type armor, or some type of massive bat/eagle hybrids or some type of voracious burrowing type predator, and don't get me started on what might be in the water!

To paraphrase Groucho Marx, I don't know if I want to be part of a Colony that would have me as a colonist.....lol

While it sounds interesting, I might want to wait a little bit. Again quoting Groucho Marx “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Meh, why not? Although if there are any creatures at all, there are probably going to be some that are not so friendly. What if the planet has The Predator on it? I'd rather stay here.

My research has indicated that if you have around 7 humans to 1 predator ratio, a human comes out on top. Data indicates that there are times when you can team up with a predator to kill other predators. I will soon have research on how effective the bow and arrow and tomahawks are against predators.

If you go to that planet at a 7:1 human to predator ratio, it would be cool to make it through and come out on top.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
So they develop spaceships that can transport thousands of people to another planet in another solar system. They've found a class M planet in the Alpha Centauri system. You've been offered the chance to be a colonist on this new world. There are pluses and minuses. The big plus is you'll be making history. You'll be among the first humans to live on another planet in another solar system. This planet is a lot like the Earth. It has a breathable atmosphere and nearly the same gravity. They can tell that the planet has an abundance of plants that support human life, and it has continents and oceans much like the Earth. If you accept the offer, you'll live on an island near a big continent in a mild climate. It stays between 70 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit year round. There's plenty of fresh water, fruits and vegetables. There are creatures similar to rabbits and other mammals that they believe are no threat to humans.

The downsides are you'll never be able to return to the Earth. The trip to the other planet will take about 120 years, most of which you'll spend in crio-sleep. When you wake up, you'll be close to the new planet. It will be possible to send video messages back to the Earth, but they'll be seen by humans whom you don't know since everyone you knew on Earth will be dead by the time you start your life on the new planet.

But it will be possible to send a message to Earth. It will take about 30 years to get there. If you're married, it will be possible to voyage there with your spouse and kids if you have them.

Knowing what you know, do you accept the invitation to colonize this other planet?
Can we take some hot wimmins along?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
well, technically, even a female that looks like the north end of a south bound horse can reproduce.

True, but as is the case here on Earth, there are preferences. In contrast to what some whiners think, it's perfectly normal to have preferences for a mate. I have dibs on Jennifer Lawrence, btw.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I would hope, unless it was a last gasp to get off Earth, that we would send satellites there to observe the planet first. My worst nightmare would be to land, get out and look around, and see this gorgeous lush planet. Start walking around, "ah, we've made it. This looks like the place!"........and then a giant 8 ft. spider walks around the corner. o_O Then Earth would observe this planet going up in flames.