Colts are looking to move down to stockpile needed talent:

DHCBF66

Reaction score
What about the RB, seems to be the talk on mad dog, they hear the rb but could be smoke screen though.
They traded JPP to the Bucs so I think Chubb is their pick, depends on what the Browns do though, a QB could be the Giants pixk.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They traded JPP to the Bucs so I think Chubb is their pick, depends on what the Browns do though, a QB could be the Giants pixk.

That would be my guess as well, especially if they're being honest about thinking they can win with Eli for the next two or three years.

If you believe that, draft someone at #2 to help him, not someone to replace him.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
If you are going to take someone on the defensive line in the first at least take at a position of need. Take Vita Vea, he at least provides some beef and the needed strength on the DL to collapse the pocket and command double teams.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
dude...a 1, 2, 3 just to get one player at 6? Did we not learn from Mo Cliaborne?

This would be an insanely dumb move and is not in line with how the cowboys are building their team.
Dude,, this is todays NFL. There is no longer a time to build... but I do agree..lol
The only teams that can "build" in todays NFL is maintain the same fundamental order for several years, that means zero philosophy change in your FO...... the process.
Yes,, I'm a mad man.
If you totally buy in to the draft and building through the draft, than yes,, "the process" will eventually pay off, if you draft really well and can extract top end dividends out of your rookie contracts before they break the bank.
All teams have to draft well,, its just more than that, the draft is more like a stock investment, just hope its a payoff, problem is this team invest highly in the draft, but rarely gets a return in trade value.
What teams are finally figuring out, Rams, Eagles, etc.. is that you pay for the quick fix young vet,,, don't need to spend resources on development.

Last edited:

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
When I left the house today, I had 2 likes in my pocket: When I get back home, I still had both likes, therefore, no likes were given today.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dude,, this is todays NFL. There is no longer a time to build... but I do agree..lol
The only teams that can "build" in todays NFL is maintain the same fundamental order for several years, that means zero philosophy change in your FO...... the process.
Yes,, I'm a mad man.
If you totally buy in to the draft and building through the draft, than yes,, "the process" will eventually pay off, if you draft really well and can extract top end dividends out of your rookie contracts before they break the bank.
What teams are finally figuring out, Rams, Eagles, etc.. is that you pay for the quick fix young vet,,, don't need to spend resources on development.

I do agree but no single player is worth the sum of the all the talent that can be acquired at all those spots. At least I have never seen one. Look at what the Commanders surrendered for RGIII and it got them a guy who played one good season?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I do agree but no single player is worth the sum of the all the talent that can be acquired at all those spots. At least I have never seen one. Look at what the Commanders surrendered for RGIII and it got them a guy who played one good season?
That is a very poor and limited comparison,, Look at how many FA the Eagles signed,,, it was considered a sale out, but they found a way to win a SB... beating a dead horse here,,

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Doubtful

No likes for you!
500soupnazi.gif

Elaine sure showed him!

GenoT

Reaction score
Beasley + our 1, 2, 3 pix?

Do you mean this year’s 1, 2, 3?

If so, that sounds like some kinda Kevin Costner “Draft Day” rape fantasy.

marius

Reaction score
I think the only team with which the cowboys can trade up are the Bills. maybe can be, our #19, Beasley and a 4th pick next year for the #12 pick, or #19 pick and a 2nd round pick next year for the #12 pick, and have the opportunity to select to Vita Vea or Derwin James.