Colts Finalizing Deal With QB Philip Rivers

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think this is why they are doing it, draft a QB, learn under Rivers. Though as other said, he looks done. But not sure if Brissett is the guy for another year either.

I think they should have held on to the #13 pick. Buckner is terrific, but that pick would have been a necessary piece to be in the QB hunt. Now they have to hope that a guy like Eason is somehow available in the second round.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If Indy were to add another weapon on offense, it will be very intriguing to watch this unfold. This is supply & demand. Colts didn't feel Brissett could get them where they need to go so they are making a push while they have a young, ascending team. If more options were available, they might choose another path.
too bad the Cowboys FO didnt adopt this philosophy..not a big gap between Brisett and Dak if any AT ALL..

Brissett make s a lot of money doesnt he have 2yrs left on big deal ? what are they doing with him? whats it costing them to cut him or trade him?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they should have held on to the #13 pick. Buckner is terrific, but that pick would have been a necessary piece to be in the QB hunt. Now they have to hope that a guy like Eason is somehow available in the second round.

Agree, bad trade for the Colts.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Damn Brady must really be looking for a pay day then going to a team he can win on...

poetic too taking over Manning’s old team and one he battled often during a good portion of his career...

Well, if Brady already knows he has a soft landing spot in San Diego, he might not be interested in Indy.

DFWJC

Reaction score
LOL dude has NOTHING left. Can't believe they would choose Rivers over Brady. Rivers has a noodle arm.

Irsay is worse than Jerry.
Not sure Brady wanted to play in Indianapolis, though they do have a loaded team.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Glad you explained it, I was scratching my head there for a second!
:huh:

But given the quarterbacks available, Rivers makes little to no sense to me. He looked done.

When we played nerf ball with the neighborhood kids, kickoff could start with a throw down the field vs actual kick...thus P for K. :D

Yup cooked

joseephuss

Reaction score
Colts are still going to need to draft a QB.

Indeed. The Colts will be paying a lot for the position this season. Brissett carries a $21 million cap hit this season, his last under contract or a $12.5 million dead money if they release him. He just isn't good enough. Some people think Jacoby and Dak are similar, but there is a big gap. Brissett struggles to complete 60% of his passes.