Colts - Texans - Jags: Toughest Stretch Going Forward

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I look at the Titans game as a huge barometer for how good this team really is. Win that one on the road and I truly believe, for the first time in 26 years, that this Cowboys team can make some noise in the post season.

I've had that one circled for a loss since the schedule was announced.

I'm leaning toward embarrassing blowout.

conner01

Reaction score
Truth, but the Cowboy will most certainly be ready for that one.

Those three teams have their SB coming up vs. Dallas.
There Super Bowl is so true
When you are in the limelight as Dallas always is and you are winning, it’s huge motivation for a struggling team

Creeper

Reaction score
Yeah, I worry that after beating the Vikings and Giants, they might let down a bit for a team like the Colts or Texans. But this team has proven to be unlike the Cowboys teams that let us down in the past.

Also, hopefully, this week will be the last they have to deal with whatever that illness is that keeps taking out players.

JustChip

Reaction score
Hope you're right, and I hope that if that's the case, the team understands that they aren't going to have it so easy with everyone else.
There are no easy games in the NFL. Or more accurately, no expected easy games. But there are good and bad matchups. Both the Colts and Texans are good matchups, just as the Vikings were and GB wasn’t (both because of their QB).

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I look at the Titans game as a huge barometer for how good this team really is. Win that one on the road and I truly believe, for the first time in 26 years, that this Cowboys team can make some noise in the post season.

The Titans are a tough matchup for Dallas. Their rushing attack can bludgeon you to death and they are quite a disciplined squad that won't beat itself.

I view them as an analog to the 49ers. If Dallas beats them, I think it will certainly prove the old weakness to tough rushing attacks and physical defense are no longer in play.

I think there is one very relevant point that many of us are overlooking: The advantage that Dallas has over every playoff team in the NFC is at QB. Dak Prescott, for all of his flaws, is playing like the best QB out of the bunch that are likely to make the playoffs in the NFC. That gives you more than a punchers chance to win the NFC.

TWOK11

Reaction score

The Titans aren’t as good as their record indicates, they’re basically a healthier version of the Giants. They run the ball a lot, play solid defense and end up in a lot of one score games that they’ve been fortunate to win more often than not.

They have below average QB play and very little ability at the receiver position.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Should be three wins but AFC games are always weird. We need to play with solid fundamentals and Dak needs to play mistake free. If that happens we should be 11-3 going into the Eagles game. Them and the Titans/Commies on the road are the real test.

starfan1

Reaction score
There are no gimmes in this league the colts beat Buffalo or the chiefs can’t remember which
The Texans are the closest thing to a gimme in this league and the jags had Philly just blew it
I believe they are all winnable left on our schedule but they are also all loseable

the toughest game left in our schedule in my mind is @ Washington

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The upcoming three games are going to be a big test of the Cowboys focus and preparation. Playing down to the competition is always a concern, we see it play out just about every week in the NFL.

Those final three games: Eagles - Titans - Commanders, will provide extra motivation for the Cowboys to excel, but those lesser teams are the ones that can sneak up on you and ding the armor.

If the Cowboys come out fast and furious against the Colts, arrows will be up going forward.

What? This is the easiest part of our schedule.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There are no gimmes in this league the colts beat Buffalo or the chiefs can’t remember which
The Texans are the closest thing to a gimme in this league and the jags had Philly just blew it
I believe they are all winnable left on our schedule but they are also all loseable

the toughest game left in our schedule in my mind is @ Washington

no way

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I think the Eagles will be tough, Titans won’t go hard because they won’t be able to get home field. We will have nothing to play for Week 18 and Washington will get an easy win

The Titans are going to be a tough matchup for Dallas, they are very physical, well coached, and Henry is a load.