News: Colts will have to decide on benching Wentz or not to save 1st round draft pick

J12B

Reaction score
Watson and Rodgers become available. Maybe even Russell Wilson.

They’re loading up to take a shot at an established QB. Broncos too.

Watson doesn't want to go the Eagles.

Rodgers most likely going to Denver or San Fran if he doesn't stay in GB.

No clue where Wilson will go if he dies leave, but Philly doesn't seem likely given they're clearly in a rebuild.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Colts are winning their division and Wentz probably plays every game. Eagles probably get a pick around 18-22.

I can see the 3-5 Colts possibly making it to 9-8. Maybe that gets them in as a wild card?

They aren't winning the division, even with Henry out

The Titans already have 6 wins and 2 are vs the Colts. They are winning the AFC South. Maybe 10-7 or 11-6.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Wentz has played pretty well for them. The Colts are still in the race at 3-4. If they bench him that means they’re giving up on the season and moving on from him. With the relationship he has with Frank Reich can’t see that happening but if they keep dropping games when it comes down to having to make the decision they may pull the plug on him.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Really thought he would do better with Reich. Wentz is done if he doesn't improve with the Colts. Wo else is gonna take him.
Well...he has been WAY better this year than his last. I guess it's all relative....lol
So you were right.
:laugh:

He's still not where those optimistic about him wanted him to be.
But here are his stats
  • 14 Pass Tds
  • 3 Ints
  • Total TD-Total Turnover Diff is +9 ..so on pace for +19 (last year he was +2)
  • 96.3 Passer rating (vs 72.8 last year)
He just way better this year, even if it isn't stellar.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score

No clue where Wilson will go if he dies leave, but Philly doesn't seem likely given they're clearly in a rebuild.

I can see Wilson going to the Saints with Shaun Payton.

AKATheRake

Reaction score

What choice does Watson have and there's not much teams worse than the Texans anyways.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Watson and Rodgers become available. Maybe even Russell Wilson.

They’re loading up to take a shot at an established QB. Broncos too.

Watson has already said he would approve a trade to the Eagles. Just me, but I'm not sure Rogers or Wilson would either. The Eagles are close to rebuilding. A few players on offense but their defense is old. Honestly, if it was me, I'd go all-in for Winston......looks like he'd finally turned the corner before his ACL injury. Use the picks to rebuild the D......

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What choice does Watson have and there's not much teams worse than the Texans anyways.

IF he gets his legal issues under control .......I'm guessing the Texans could have as many 4-5 serious offers from teams. So I'm hearing 2022 could be one of the weakest QB draft ibn years.

Sheepish

Reaction score
IMO the problem with the Colts is that they don't run the ball enough. I watched some of the game Sunday and their offensive playcalling is extremely poor and unbalanced. They had 51 passes attempted to just 20 rushing attempts. Wentz threw horrible picks that ultimately doomed his team but played well at other times. I honestly think some of his problems are due to the offensive coordinator and bad offensive game planning/management. The best QBs on the best teams seem to have a division of roughly 50/50 run/pass and both Rodgers and Brady to name two have typically been able to rely on the run game

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Really thought he would do better with Reich. Wentz is done if he doesn't improve with the Colts. Wo else is gonna take him.

Wentz has actually played decent overall this year.. But he has shown signs of having "the glitch" which makes him commit some of the stupidest quarterbacking faux pas you can imagine. I mean a blind left handed shot put out of your own end zone while being sacked? What the hell!?!?!??! When you see stuff like that from a guy who has been in the league as long as he has you realize it's just in his DNA. He will probably never reach his full potential that should go with his set of physical tools. I really wish the Eagles would have kept him.. LOL!

Flamma

Reaction score
How many 1st round picks does Eagles have!

They have their own. Which may not be so great. They have a stupid easy schedule after the Chargers. They might win 8 games.

The Colts. They are probably making the pllayoffs.

Dolphins. That will probably be their highest pick.

Flamma

Reaction score
Wentz has actually played decent overall this year.. But he has shown signs of having "the glitch" which makes him commit some of the stupidest quarterbacking faux pas you can imagine. I mean a blind left handed shot put out of your own end zone while being sacked? What the hell!?!?!??! When you see stuff like that from a guy who has been in the league as long as he has you realize it's just in his DNA. He will probably never reach his full potential that should go with his set of physical tools. I really wish the Eagles would have kept him.. LOL!

I don't remember how much time was left in the game. But giving up a safety could be worse. You don't get the ball back. But yeah, he should have had that ball thrown away.