Columbo and false starts

VCDefectors

Benched
Reaction score
He had two more against the 49ers. I swear he has almost if not just as many as Flo. What's the deal with this guy? These false start penalties get on my nerves almost as bad as watching Watkins or Henry getting turned around in coverage, or Romo's 1-a-game bonehead throw.

It just seemed to me that Columbo played better last year. He just seems so inconsistent.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Colombo has 5 on the year and Flozell has 6.

Colombo had more last year (10 vs. Flozell's 9).

Aikbach

Reaction score
Neither of them can hear, Flo was born deaf in one ear and Colombo is a metal head.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I thought one of those on Colombo should have been encrochment on the defense like the one originally called on Flo.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Columbo is not having a good year...we're not privvy to the coaches grades, but I bet other than Proctor he grades out by far the lowest of any of our regular OL's.

Unless he signs for a real bargain, I cant see him being here next year.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
dbair1967;2439782 said:
Columbo is not having a good year...we're not privvy to the coaches grades, but I bet other than Proctor he grades out by far the lowest of any of our regular OL's.

It would be nice if one of our younger OTs were to step up for once. We have picked some of them over the last 5 years and none of them have panned out for us.

McQuistan is supposed to be the heir apparent but he doesn't even come in when Adams is hurting. Evidently, Flozell at 70% is still better than McQuistan. That's pretty sad. Same for Doug Free.

I've said for years that a good draft practice is to select at least one OL on the first day of the draft every year. That way you always have a steady stream of quality replacements. If you find that you don't need one then you can trade him later on.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Man I hate that Columbo is having a down year. He is everything you want in a teammate. Always the first to the pile to pull Barber out and always plays the enforcer when scuffles ensue.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2439821 said:
Man I hate that Columbo is having a down year. He is everything you want in a teammate. Always the first to the pile to pull Barber out and always plays the enforcer when scuffles ensue.

Kind of like Kevin Gogan used to be for us.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
As long as Romo's uniform is clean at that end of the day ..... I could care less.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
Columbo is a beast and a spark plug for the team. He isn't perfect of course and the FS do hurt but cut him? lol

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm on the fence, at this point, on whether I think Columbo will be back and whether or not I'll be upset if he isn't.

I like the guy and I'm hoping he returns, to some degree, cause I believe in O-Line continuity and I'd like to see us be able go keep a starting 5 together that's been together for a bit.

But, again, I'm not sure if I'd really be hurt, greatly, if he's not here. Provided, of course, that someone stepped up.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I keep coming back to the coaching. This line played so much better last year.

1fisher

Reaction score
zrinkill;2439936 said:
As long as Romo's uniform is clean at that end of the day ..... I could care less.

That's exactly what I was thinking... AND as long as it doesn't kill a drive.

yesfan

Reaction score
Considering a new contract hasn't been discussed,atleast
that we know of,i'm thinking he might be looking at the Dolphins
if Jerry doesn't make him a long term offer.

landryscorner

Reaction score
I wouldn't cry if both FLozell and Colombo were gone...

#1 flozell is not worh what we are paying him, trade him, you can get a real good deal for him...and get a decent if not better player than him, there are some pretty desperate teams out there.

#2 He's on the decline get rid of him while you can..

Colombos just pathetic

Manster54

Reaction score
landryscorner;2440486 said:

#1 flozell is not worh what we are paying him, trade him, you can get a real good deal for him...and get a decent if not better player than him, there are some pretty desperate teams out there.

Colombos just pathetic

Sounds like a fire sale... Perhaps a bit overzealous.

Flo has been hurt much of the year. Columbo and Davis sure looked good against the Skins in Big D.

Word Mofo

Reaction score
We will miss Colombo and Adams dearly if either of them are gone next year.

zeromaster

Reaction score
landryscorner;2440486 said:

Colombos just pathetic
Better have a good plan B; otherwise you're looking at two new faces on the OL, and I'd think no one's forgotten what it's like if your starting QB goes down due to crappy OL play.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2439782 said:

There is absolutely NO WAY Colombo grades out the second lowest this year. Have you SEEN Flozell Adams?

Other than Leonard Davis, he probably grades out the highest.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967;2439782 said:
I'm betting that is pretty close to the truth. He wanted a big deal before and that won't change. If we let him test the market he won't be back.