Columbo

CowboyChris

Reaction score
was listening to Jerry Jones on the ticket, he said "Columbo hasnt given up a sack yet this year, and is Erik Williams nasty." i was like WOW, didnt realize he hasnt given up a sack.:starspin

Catch-22

Reaction score
People keep saying that, but I'm pretty sure I remember him missing some blocks early in the season and getting Bledsoe killed.

Reaction score
Yeah I was listening to that as well, Colombo is a steal. Can we say young 1st round talent that was injured, now look at him. He's getting better each game and you can see it..

Reaction score
Catch-22;1212488 said:
People keep saying that, but I'm pretty sure I remember him missing some blocks early in the season and getting Bledsoe killed.

No that play wasn't his assignment and Parcells mentioned that in his press conference after that Giants game...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Catch-22;1212488 said:
It was the first Giants game you are thinking of and it was explained that Colombo was suppose to block down and Bledsoe misread the play so the sacks were on him.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Catch-22;1212488 said:
You're thinking of the Giants game where Strahan came unblocked and sacked Bledsoe. Colombo's job was to block down and allow the DE to get the QB. Witten probably should have at least chipped Strahan but it was designed play to allow Strahan to come unblocked. Bledsoe just had the dear-in-headlights thing going on.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
No, he just screwed up an assignment on the blocked field goal that resulted in our 4th loss.

I'll take one sack over our loss to the Commanders.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I know most of us are holding our breath as Columbo continues to hold that critical position down.

But overall, I think that along with the other critical personnel decisions made on the 2006 team..

..the decision to let Columbo start at RT has been essential to the team's success.

He's obviously playing well.

parcellswaterboy

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Ain't NO ONE Erik Williams nasty.

Man oh man, I miss that guy.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
another genious find by the Tuna.

Ya know, Tuna has to be the best at seeing potential in his "accumilation of bodies" that I have ever see.

Trade down on all those 1st and 2nd rounders, and lets get the talent pool up!!!

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
Juke99;1212504 said:

No kidding.

When he was at his peak, he was arguably the greatest o-lineman to ever don the star. He was an absolute BEAST.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Catch-22;1212488 said:

It is very hard as fans to say whether or not he has or has not... we do not know what his assignments were. We can speculate, we can see a guy blow past him and say he should have done this or done that,, but in the end, WE as fans have no clue what he was told to do. I can say, I have not seen anyone physically beat him and that includes the likes of J.Pepper and Mike Strahan. So I can say, I see a vast improvement over what we had last year and a steal for what we got him for. I can also echo the statement that we are lucky to have him.

Reaction score
Juke99;1212504 said:

As a former defensive player, I would not have wanted to face him especially if he didn't have a good meal...

:lmao:

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
Cowboy4ever;1212512 said:
It is very hard as fans to say whether or not he has or has not... we do not know what his assignments were. We can speculate, we can see a guy blow past him and say he should have done this or done that,, but in the end, WE as fans have no clue what he was told to do.
Parcells himself came out a couple of weeks ago and said that Colombo had not given up a sack all year. Since that point, he definitely hasn't given one up. So, though we fans can obviously never be sure of a player's assignments, I will trust BP's word on this one.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
eman721;1212541 said:
Parcells himself came out a couple of weeks ago and said that Colombo had not given up a sack all year. Since that point, he definitely hasn't given one up. So, though we fans can obviously never be sure of a player's assignments, I will trust BP's word on this one.

That was kinda my point.. as fans we speculate and draw conclusions, but we have no idea what he was told to do,, so if the coach says he did this or did that,, we should take that at face value and move on.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Technically:

Adams = 6.5 sacks (allowed) 5 penalties 30 yds.
Kosier = 2.5 sacks (allowed) 4 penalties 34 yds.
Gurode = 1 sack (allowed) 4 penalties 40 yds.
Rivera = 2.5 sacks (allowed) 3 penalties 24 yds
Columbo = 4.5 sacks (allowed) 3 penalties 20 yds

I think Columbo's having a heck of a year, and he should only get better.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Clove;1212549 said:
Technically:

Adams = 6.5 sacks (allowed) 5 penalties 30 yds.
Kosier = 2.5 sacks (allowed) 4 penalties 34 yds.
Gurode = 1 sack (allowed) 4 penalties 40 yds.
Rivera = 2.5 sacks (allowed) 3 penalties 24 yds
Columbo = 4.5 sacks (allowed) 3 penalties 20 yds

I think Columbo's having a heck of a year, and he should only get better.

Where did you get these stats from?