Combine Results 2014***updated 6:35PM 2-22***

KDM256

Reaction score
Because he is precisely the type of cornerback that teams fall in love with each year. Tall, long arms and can run. Nevermind he was not that exceptional if you watch him play.

It happens every year, then you see shorter slower corners like Nickell Robey come in as an undrafted free agent and play well.

Agreed I don't know anything about the kid other than he just ran a pretty good 40 that seemed effortlessly & pretty good measureables. I figured you might have saw him play and maybe had some insight on him.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Baptiste has value for the red zone fades to Calvin Johnson, Mike Evans, Benjamin types.

He's liable to end up at safety.

He's got skills. He flourished at the Senior Bowl under pro coaching and top competition. Anybody who doesn't have this kid at least in the first 3 rounds are underrating him, IMO.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Jean-Baptiste was a 2nd round pick to me after his Senior Bowl performance. He is no workout wonder.

He looked decent at the Senior Bowl, but like I said, mock drafts the next few weeks will be putting him into the first round. It is almost guaranteed.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They run a graphic on teams with CB needs and the Cowboys are included.

Get down with the sickness.

Nirvana

Reaction score
He's liable to end up at safety.

He's got skills. He flourished at the Senior Bowl under pro coaching and top competition. Anybody who doesn't have this kid at least in the first 3 rounds are underrating him, IMO.

After watching him in the current drill he just may well be better suited for safety. Didn't look natural at all.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Yeah, noticed they had CB as a need but not DT. Way to pay attention.

I think they just see our CB's getting burned too often and declare it a need. Never mind that there's no pass rush or a Safety anywhere to help.

Not that our CB's are world beaters but compared to S and overall DL they are all Deion Sanders.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Well I think a mock that has Gilbert going top 15 is accurate on that point. Good combine for him.
I don't see Pryor going that high. Undecided about Clinton Dix.

JPM

Reaction score
They have to be tall and fast, too. But if you're the Cowboys, you trade up to the #6 pick and sacrifice draft picks to take a Db who had a wonderlic score of 4, is under 6 feet tall and who ran a 4.5 40.

He ran a 4.4 at his pro day.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Both Pryor and dix weigh the same and have the same 40,I still go back and forth between these two.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Bucannon is a Strong Safety and we have a roster full of them, but he is better than anything we have.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Ahh yes, the army of Zone-appointed HOF'ers. Tyrone Crawford, Ben Bass, and Matt Johnson will fix the Defense.