Come on people....Arizona...St. Louis...

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
You people are acting like when we lost to one of THOSE teams...

You all KNEW that this was going to be tough...

Facing the #1 Defense in EVERYTHING at their stadium...IN the cold....yes, we are a WARM weather team people.

Arizona and St. Louis are the ones that are more heart-breaking....why in the world does this team play UP to competition like Pittsburgh, but play DOWN to teams like Arizona and St. Louis....ESPECIALLY St. Lous.

If you were 100% sure that we were going to win this game you are crazy.....saying 90% is fine...but, how much more confident were you that we would beat those other two teams? Don't tell me that you weren't more confident in beating those two than you would this one....ESPECIALLY considering the weather and their defense.

links18

Reaction score
The problem isn't that we lost to the Steelers. The problem is how we lost. leading 13-3, then blow it with turnovers, mistakes, bad play calling. When it looks like you are going to win, only to have it pulled from your fingers it hurts that much more.....

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2470682 said:
There's nothing quite like a good apologist.
He's an expert.

"Quincy can't do it all by himself. A QB needs some help!!!"

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Jimz31;2470653 said:

Facing the #1 Defense in EVERYTHING at their stadium...IN the cold....yes, we are a WARM weather team people.

Arizona and St. Louis are the ones that are more heart-breaking....why in the world does this team play UP to competition like Pittsburgh, but play DOWN to teams like Arizona and St. Louis....ESPECIALLY St. Lous.

If you were 100% sure that we were going to win this game you are crazy.....saying 90% is fine...but, how much more confident were you that we would beat those other two teams? Don't tell me that you weren't more confident in beating those two than you would this one....ESPECIALLY considering the weather and their defense.

Dude, news flash. We are one of, if not THE most talented teams in the league. Thats why this team is so frustrating. They only play how they're capable of in spurts. Then when they do play at the level they're capable of, they piss the game away.

I'm not expecting an undefeated season, but all of our 5 losses this year could have easily been won. No matter if its Arizona, St Louis, or Pittsburgh, they all sting. But considering we had this game won, it stings far more than the others, even if it is an AFC game.

sbark

Reaction score
the problem is that we lost to Ariz & St.Louis........the games we needed as cushion in order to swin thru the things that happen in the nfl......injury bug, bad calls, bad luck, lucky bounces etc

we needed those games in the W column, to weather the likes of the Steeler road games in Dec......vrs. #1 D and a coaching staff that drops its agressivness when needed most...

romo.....focus man focus

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2470682 said:
There's nothing quite like a good apologist.

LOL...Seriously...come on...what is a bigger surprise? Losing to Pittsburgh or losing to one of the other teams?

Smith22

Reaction score
13-3 with 7 left to play. Our defense was playing lights out. I'm still in shock. Painful loss. To make things worse, we have the Giants next week.........

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2470703 said:
He's an expert.

"Quincy can't do it all by himself. A QB needs some help!!!"

And that theory STILL holds true does it not? Is this not a TEAM sport?

Get rid of the past. This is Romo's team NOT Quincy's who has essentially ruined his life and need to get it back together.

Just the same...Romo can't do it all himself either....

NO QB can do it all himself....DUH!

newera

Reaction score
this loss hurt more because we had the game won, and we gave it away. the cardinals game we were lucky to get back in it at the end(although the point can be argued that we had that game won before we gave up the third and 17) and st louis we were without romo so expectations werent as high

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
And yet, with all that going against us, we had them beat. We freaking had them DEAD TO RIGHTS, and as Dennie Green would say, we let them off the hook.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Jimz31;2470653 said:

I don't see how weather kept them from rolling to a 10 point lead in the third quarter and then squandering it in a way that personifies how they perform on an annual basis in December...excuses are just that, excuses...the Steelers played on the same field in the same conditions, only they played sixty minutes of football while Dallas did'nt.

If someone would have told you beforehand how Romo would perform in arguably his most dreadful half of football you would hardly have believed them even with reputation of the Steelers defense.

This team makes too many mistakes. It is unprepared. It lacks a championship mentality. It does'nt perservere or have a particular distaste for losing. It is always looking for a silver lining to excuse a loss, compliments of their head coach and owner. They don't die hard.

The team across from them today were going to let Dallas come out of there with a win over there dead bodies and that proved to be the difference...the standard, the measuring stick of a team with aspirations of greatness.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
newera;2470766 said:
this loss hurt more because we had the game won, and we gave it away. the cardinals game we were lucky to get back in it at the end(although the point can be argued that we had that game won before we gave up the third and 17) and st louis we were without romo so expectations werent as high

I agree that the hurt is there from this game....but we should have beaten the Rams no matter what.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Jimz31;2470745 said:
LOL...Seriously...come on...what is a bigger surprise? Losing to Pittsburgh or losing to one of the other teams?

At 13-6 I knew we were going to lose this game. I was in a sports bar amongst droves of Boys and Steeler fans and I knew with plenty of time left in the game that we were done. It's our MO. The current team has no killer instinct. Rather than put a team away when they have the chance they have become experts at easing off of the gas pedal.

When we settle into our typical 4th quarter routine in big games (punt punt punt...) the writing is always on the wall and clearly legible.

links18

Reaction score
kramskoi;2470800 said:
I don't see how weather kept them from rolling to a 10 point lead in the third quarter and then squandering it in a way that personifies how they perform on an annual basis in December...excuses are just that, excuses...the Steelers played on the same field in the same conditions, only they played sixty minutes of football while Dallas did'nt.

If someone would have told you beforehand how Romo would perform in arguably his most dreadful half of football you would hardly have believed them even with reputation of the Steelers defense.

This team makes too many mistakes. It is unprepared. It lacks a championship mentality. It does'nt perservere or have a particular distaste for losing. It is always looking for a silver lining to excuse a loss, compliments of their head coach and owner. They don't die hard.

The team across from them today were going to let Dallas come out of there with a win over there dead bodies and that proved to be the difference...the standard, the measuring stick of a team with aspirations of greatness.

Is it plausible to think the coaches took a look at the next two games and basically decided the Giants game was more important leading to the decision to rest Barber? Is it plausible to think that mentality trickled down to the team? :confused:

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
kramskoi;2470800 said:

If someone would have told you beforehand how Romo would perform in arguably is most dreadful half of football you would hardly have beleived them even with reputation of the Steelers defense.

If you think that the weather doesn't make a difference, try living where it is constantly cold....quick story...back about 13 years ago I was stationed in Minot , ND....When I left Omaha, NE, it was in the 40's....when I got to Minot, my hands were so cold when I filled up for gas that I could hardly write my name on the receipt.....two weeks later at my house, I am outside in -15 degrees...that 15 BELOW zero without a coat on outside....your body gets used to it that quick....when I filled up with gas it was 15 ABOVE zero....warmer than it was today in Pittsburgh. Weather DOES make a difference...hence the reason TB rarely ever winds in GB. If it never made a difference homefield wouldn't make ANY difference.

Some here react as though this were the Rams game.....be more upset due to losing THAT game then this one....we all KNEW that this could happen.....who here though that the RAMS would beat us? I don't remember ANYBODY expecting that....regardless of the QB.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2470812 said:
At 13-6 I knew we were going to lose this game. I was in a sports bar amongst droves of Boys and Steeler fans and I knew with plenty of time left in the game that we were done. It's our MO. The current team has no killer instinct. Rather than put a team away when they have the chance they have become experts at easing off of the gas pedal.

When we settle into our typical 4th quarter routine in big games (punt punt punt...) the writing is always on the wall and clearly legible.

Shoot at 13-6, I figured that all we had to do was stop them once and it was over....never expected it to end up that way.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2470812 said:

And until the Cowboys look at themselves from top to bottom, from coaches to players, they will continue to sleepwalk into oblivion...Easing off and coasting is the personality of their head coach and it shows on the field.

I'll say one thing, if Phillips did'nt like last weeks press conferences, he is absolutely going to hate what's coming when they touch down back in Dallas.

This is a headcoach who is quickly running out of excuses and apologies.

links18

Reaction score
Jimz31;2470868 said:
If you think that the weather doesn't make a difference, try living where it is constantly cold....quick story...back about 13 years ago I was stationed in Minot , ND....When I left Omaha, NE, it was in the 40's....when I got to Minot, my hands were so cold when I filled up for gas that I could hardly write my name on the receipt.....two weeks later at my house, I am outside in -15 degrees...that 15 BELOW zero without a coat on outside....your body gets used to it that quick....when I filled up with gas it was 15 ABOVE zero....warmer than it was today in Pittsburgh. Weather DOES make a difference...hence the reason TB rarely ever winds in GB. If it never made a difference homefield wouldn't make ANY difference.

Some here react as though this were the Rams game.....be more upset due to losing THAT game then this one....we all KNEW that this could happen.....who here though that the RAMS would beat us? I don't remember ANYBODY expecting that....regardless of the QB.

Everything below about 20 degrees feels the same. Bitterly cold.....

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Jimz31;2470653 said:

Ah, no, actually we lost to them earlier in the season.