Comes down to WR or CB. Or?

Playmaker247

Reaction score

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Never said I was that why I leave that up to the actual experts and look at their rankings. Pff has chaisson ranked 46 yet almost all experts have him going top 20. Please use a better source

You mean a source that agrees with you? lol

I would take Chaisson as well. Any need defender ranked high. Cb, dt, de, safety.

Ranked high on their draft board not some pre draft ranking board.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
You mean a source that agrees with you? lol

I would take Chaisson as well. Any need defender ranked high. Cb, dt, de, safety.

Ranked high on their draft board not some pre draft ranking board.
I’ve provided 2 credible sources whether they agree with me or not

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You don’t get it. I don’t care about Fulton. Unless the cowboys have him ranked high.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’ve provided 2 credible sources whether they agree with me or not

Lets play this game...……...Ill give you two options and you tell me who are you taking?

And I am not saying all these guys are realistically available.

I will use Ruggs as the #3 WR as I think we can both agree on that:

Ruggs or Chaison?

Ruggs or Fulton

Ruggs or Henderson

Ruggs or Kinlaw

Ruggs or Xavier McKinney Safety

FYI...………..here is another ranking that has Fulton at 17

https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Lets play this game...……...Ill give you two options and you tell me who are you taking?

And I am not saying all these guys are realistically available.

I will use Ruggs as the #3 WR as I think we can both agree on that:

Ruggs or Chaison?

Ruggs or Fulton

Ruggs or Henderson

Ruggs or Kinlaw

Ruggs or Xavier McKinney Safety

FYI...………..here is another ranking that has Fulton at 17

https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings
1. Ruggs
2. Ruggs
3. It’s close but I lean Ruggs. But I’d have no problem with Henderson. So let’s just say tie.
4. This one is tough too because Kinlaws medicals and lack of info behind it because corona. Assuming medicals check out I’d go with Kinlaw.
5. Ruggs

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
1. Ruggs
2. Ruggs
3. It’s close but I lean Ruggs. But I’d have no problem with Henderson. So let’s just say tie.
4. This one is tough too because Kinlaws medicals and lack of info behind it because corona. Assuming medicals check out I’d go with Kinlaw.
5. Ruggs

wow, you really have a hardon for Ruggs eh?

You know that WR's have a high bust rate?

So tell me how this plays out then? Ruggs will definitely make the offense more potent, but he isn't going for 1000 yards his first year. You trading Cooper before the 3rd year of his contract is up or you just letting him walk after two more season? Then Ruggs takes over as the #1?

I can tell you that if we take Ruggs the Cowboys wont be able to cover anyone this year. Worst secondary in the NFL no question.

JBS

Reaction score
1. Ruggs
2. Ruggs
5. Ruggs

You gave the exact same answers that I did. You are wasting your time w that guy. He things #3 wr is equivalent in value to drafting a punter

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I think D-line is very much a need at 17 and on the table with guys like Chaisson and Kinlaw, but if they are gone there is not another D-linemen worth the pick at 17 and you can argue worth a 1st round grade.

CB there's 2 true 1st round graded DB with Okudah and Henderson and at 17 you are drafting a guy bordering 2nd round.

WR there might be 5 at the position that are drafted in the 1st round possibly 3 by pick 17 and I would say Lamb and Juedy are well above Ruggs, but with his athleticism he will be a high draft pick but you could argue Mims might be the better WR. Mims might not be as explosive as Ruggs, but he is bigger, stronger, can high point balls, and ultimately is the more versatile and productive WR between.

S is a position I would not be surprised if there isn't one selected in the first round, because this years class isn't very good with every single one of them with question marks of some sort.

O-Line is very deep, but it's not a position I see us drafting in the first round.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
wow, you really have a hardon for Ruggs eh?

You know that WR's have a high bust rate?

So tell me how this plays out then? Ruggs will definitely make the offense more potent, but he isn't going for 1000 yards his first year. You trading Cooper before the 3rd year of his contract is up or you just letting him walk after two more season? Then Ruggs takes over as the #1?

I can tell you that if we take Ruggs the Cowboys wont be able to cover anyone this year. Worst secondary in the NFL no question.
Why would you let cooper walk? Keep all three and have the most potent wr core in the league. McCarthy plays 3 wr’s 85% of the time anyway. Score 30+ a game and you don’t need a amazing secondary. Just ask KC. And the bottom line is free agency is when you fill needs, the draft is when I you take bpa.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
You gave the exact same answers that I did. You are wasting your time w that guy. He things #3 wr is equivalent in value to drafting a punter
Exactly. Dak, o line, Zeke, pollard, jarwin, amari, Gallup, Ruggs.....thats 30+ a game

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why would you let cooper walk? Keep all three and have the most potent wr core in the league. McCarthy plays 3 wr’s 85% of the time anyway. Score 30+ a game and you don’t need a amazing secondary. Just ask KC. And the bottom line is free agency is when you fill needs, the draft is when I you take bpa.

You have to keep all 3 for two years. Just too many assets and money spent at the WR position with all 3 of those guys. To make the pick worthwhile, the WR would have to eventually take over as the #1 WR. And it would be wise to get something in return for Cooper.