Comics and Movies

quickccc

Reaction score
I can definitely see live action production possibilities for Etrigan, J'onn J'onzz, Deadman :yourock:, Zatanna and Two-Face. A Green Lantern Corps will likely re-surface in the future since Earth's lantern superheroes are intregal to DC.

Brainiac: I would like reading your ideas for the character as a major lead character. I have seen him done in SyFy series Krypton and various animated movies and cartoons but he is highly dependent on other story strings like Darkseid.

You could expand to so many variables and do so much with Brainac because he affects several things on a physical and mental level.

The Pre-Crisis and Post Crisis “Brainiac will have to be settled with the writers-directors.of Brainac, but the fun of has advancing and developing him as he goes into more upgraded and much improved versions is imaginable appealing.

While Lex Luthor is a phenomenal genius himself at the human level, and is human himself, whereas Brainiac eventually gained the capacity for telekinetic and telepathic powers, with the ability to read and absorb information from minds,

- Brainiac has created cyberkinetic skeleton armor to try to combat Superman in hand to hand combat, gave him ability for superhuman strength, and whether telekinetics or technology he gained the ability to project force fields

- Brainiac is capable of creating computer viruses, that could give him the capacity to animate artificial intelligence to do his bidding.

- He’s both moved and destroyed cities because he’s created " shrink rays " that can minimized cities to micro sized levels.

- He can create Android clones - so who could you tell if you’re fighting the real Brainac or his clones ? Could he create clones that were the wife, the boss, the kids, best friends, lovers, family members, clones like us that could be used to frame in crimes ?.... Frame Superman or anyone else of the Justice League members ?

- Could there be a scenario case where Brainac- Pre-Crisis is actually pitted against a Lex Luthor ?.. High mind vs high mind ? Before the two eventually agree to become allies, before they become competitive enemies again ?

- That’s the potential great DC origin that tells his tale from starting as a human, from scratch one .....to when he eventually becomes 12th level capacity in humanoid form remarkable powers and capabilities.

- He’s has had various distinguished looks and appearances as he upgrades that could appeal to the CGI workers.

7d29efb5a445bd6f847cf903cb6dde3f.jpg

f751705b8b0c94c9e26855758e266caa.jpg

48b5be8471eb50b2ee473c5e1893a3b8.jpg

66011e970b3f97ea9e70d6528d685b2e.jpg

ba2aa5d7c45417484728059d0fba86a1.jpg

b6f16c6bd5073cbccd6ae00d39e83a53.jpg

f9951997496dc6bbdd6aa1853776ff8e.jpg

61496ff8dd9ef6489c40b9b19bc7c1f1.jpg

129e7e8f4ac696c9439fba70b5fd97a5.jpg

9a8e638b1e718ddd5d945989d78b2646.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You could expand to so many variables and do so much with Brainac because he affects several things on a physical and mental level.

The Pre-Crisis and Post Crisis “Brainiac will have to be settled with the writers-directors.of Brainac, but the fun of has advancing and developing him as he goes into more upgraded and much improved versions is imaginable appealing.

While Lex Luthor is a phenomenal genius himself at the human level, and is human himself, whereas Brainiac eventually gained the capacity for telekinetic and telepathic powers, with the ability to read and absorb information from minds,

- Brainiac has created cyberkinetic skeleton armor to try to combat Superman in hand to hand combat, gave him ability for superhuman strength, and whether telekinetics or technology he gained the ability to project force fields

- Brainiac is capable of creating computer viruses, that could give him the capacity to animate artificial intelligence to do his bidding.

- He’s both moved and destroyed cities because he’s created " shrink rays " that can minimized cities to micro sized levels.

- He can create Android clones - so who could you tell if you’re fighting the real Brainac or his clones ? Could he create clones that were the wife, the boss, the kids, best friends, lovers, family members, clones like us that could be used to frame in crimes ?.... Frame Superman or anyone else of the Justice League members ?

- Could there be a scenario case where Brainac- Pre-Crisis is actually pitted against a Lex Luthor ?.. High mind vs high mind ? Before the two eventually agree to become allies, before they become competitive enemies again ?

- That’s the potential great DC origin that tells his tale from starting as a human, from scratch one .....to when he eventually becomes 12th level capacity in humanoid form remarkable powers and capabilities.
There are some ideas for constructing the character as a major lead that I agree with. Perhaps one or more will be conceived as an actual production proposal.
- He’s has had various distinguished looks and appearances as he upgrades that could appeal to the CGI workers.

7d29efb5a445bd6f847cf903cb6dde3f.jpg

f751705b8b0c94c9e26855758e266caa.jpg

48b5be8471eb50b2ee473c5e1893a3b8.jpg

66011e970b3f97ea9e70d6528d685b2e.jpg

ba2aa5d7c45417484728059d0fba86a1.jpg

f9951997496dc6bbdd6aa1853776ff8e.jpg

61496ff8dd9ef6489c40b9b19bc7c1f1.jpg

129e7e8f4ac696c9439fba70b5fd97a5.jpg

9a8e638b1e718ddd5d945989d78b2646.jpg
This is the only one I can "see" as a doable template for live action:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By now, everyone knows I am WAY less critical of "dark" movies. However it is notable that Warner Bros Discovery seemingly feels the same about lightening up their superhero series and movies with the hiring of James Gunn.

It works fine for the Nolan/Batman aesthetic. But you can’t make an entire Cinematic Universe that way. The sun HAS TO SHINE SOMETIME.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It works fine for the Nolan/Batman aesthetic. But you can’t make an entire Cinematic Universe that way. The sun HAS TO SHINE SOMETIME.
Well.... :)

I understand why people disagree but the Snyder template (in particular) does make the "feel" of the DC movies distinctly different from Marvel's. A homogeneous feel would be detrimental for the genre in my opinion. The entertainment comes from competing comics and studios. I prefer sensing some sort of a dividing line between the two in terms of presentation to audiences. Kinda like making sure both have different and opposing identities.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't have it.
Snyder's director's cut of Justice League is still available on HBO Max. I doubt any other streaming service will ever get their mitts on it (maybe Prime Video though?). It will not surprise me seeing the movie airing on TNT, FX, etc. regularly in the near future. Whedon's version should be buried permanently by the studio in my opinion.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Snyder's director's cut of Justice League is still available on HBO Max. I doubt any other streaming service will ever get their mitts on it (maybe Prime Video though?). It will not surprise me seeing the movie airing on TNT, FX, etc. regularly in the near future. Whedon's version should be buried permanently by the studio in my opinion.
I'm not buying HBO Max just for that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It is free if you are both a cable and HBO subscriber. Just a FYI as a possible future option.
HBO doesn't have enough content that I'm interested in. I like Real Time with Bill Maher and Last Night Tonight with Jon Oliver, but I can watch the best parts of those on YT.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well.... :)

I understand why people disagree but the Snyder template (in particular) does make the "feel" of the DC movies distinctly different from Marvel's. A homogeneous feel would be detrimental for the genre in my opinion. The entertainment comes from competing comics and studios. I prefer sensing some sort of a dividing line between the two in terms of presentation to audiences. Kinda like making sure both have different and opposing identities.

See, for me that shouldn’t be a distinction at all. I mean really? The other guys have fun. We won’t. The other guys have sun, so we won’t. It’s no wonder why they fail.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
See, for me that shouldn’t be a distinction at all. I mean really? The other guys have fun. We won’t. The other guys have sun, so we won’t. It’s no wonder why they fail.
I agree, there are other ways to make the two distinguishable from each other...like having different characters. Lol

quickccc

Reaction score
10 Best Superhero Movies and TV Shows of 2022, Ranked
By Rachel Ulatowski | The Mary Sue
November 19, 2022

2022 was a big year for superhero films and TV shows. Many of these releases were highly anticipated, especially considering some faced multiple delays from the <censored>. As expected, Marvel and DC dominated the list of the best superhero projects of the year. Marvel has continued to delve into the small screen by producing TV series for Disney+ and hit the nail on the head with almost all of their shows this year. Meanwhile, DC branched out to HBO Max and Netflix to produce two of their best TV series of the year, while the DCEU’s single 2022 film release also narrowly earned a spot on this list as well.

The best superhero projects are ultimately those that find a balance between taking creative liberties and remaining true to the source material. They also tend to boast stunning visuals, compelling acting performances, character development, and a strong plot peppered with intriguing themes. Here are 10 of the best superhero TV shows and movies of the year.

10. Black Adam
09. She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
08. Thor: Love and Thunder
07. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
06. Moon Knight
05. The Sandman
04. Ms. Marvel
03. Peacemaker
02. Werewolf By Night
01. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Read more

My sole comment (for now :muttley:) is that I would NEVER rank Thor: Love and Thunder that high. :laugh:

My List and rankings:.. :cool:
1 Dr Strange Multiverse of Madness
2 Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
3 Black Adam
4 The Sandman (series)
5 Moon Knight (series

i've yet to see Werewolf by Night

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

has anyone watched this? It looks cool, i might watch it tongith

I caught another trailer recently. It intrigues me but the Bollywood style of the genre does not grab me as much as its purely dramatic films (although I have only seen a handful of them lol).

The other trailer I saw contained the standard musical dance sequences. That additional inclusion throws me off a little as well. It is culturally significant and influential (probably why a short version was included in Eternals also) but I just do not get its 'necessity'.

quickccc

Reaction score
That's disappointing.

Deborah (Karen) was such a cutie, she paralyzed me with her gorgeous looks.
But i got into intrigue with just about every cast member of the DD series.
Which is unusual when it comes to hero series.

And yet another reason why Netflix's version was just so unique and outstanding.
and why it is gonna have such a task for Disney to live up to the expectation level of Netflix.

If no " Karen Page "... will there be a Stick ?.. Foggy ? .. Wesley ? .. i wonder if there are plans for those characters ?
Stick i would very strongly assume has to be a go.

Stickdd.png