Comics and Movies

quickccc

Reaction score
Yep. That 2017 offering is crap by comparison.
i still cannot get over the decision for primary villain Stephenwoff instead of DarkSeid ? ............. SMH :facepalm:

Stephenwoff .....
220px-Steppenwolf_JL.png

instead of .....

Darkseid ?
220px-Justice_League_Odyssey_Darkseid.jpeg

quickccc

Reaction score
I think they're on equivalent power levels.. At the time, Spider-man had a ton more experience and his Spider-sense. He beat he herald of Galactus before (Firelord)

Given equivalent power levels (even if their powers differed in nature), Experience will probably win.

Speaking of which ... I really wonder when we'll start hearing news of a possible Silver Surfer/Galactus full length movie ?

Both are two hugely popular and vastly intriguing figures .. maybe the new Fantastic Four (2024) has to be "successfully" pulled off first before
two are finally introduced into the MCU factor ?

GALACTUS
220px-Galactus_%282018%29.jpg

SILVER SURFER
220px-Silver_Surfer.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i still cannot get over the decision for primary villain Stephenwoff instead of DarkSeid ? ............. SMH :facepalm:

Stephenwoff .....
220px-Steppenwolf_JL.png

instead of .....

Darkseid ?
220px-Justice_League_Odyssey_Darkseid.jpeg
It was an introductory move. I do not have any issues with it.

Thanos was spot-checked for a decade before getting the spotlight. He finally grabbed center stage in Avengers: Infinity War after a brief post-credits cameo in The Avengers. Even so, Loki was made numero uno.

My complaint is that Zack Snyder knew what he wanted to do but Warner Bros disagreed. First, they swap Snyder out for Joss Whedon, who went with the villain you disagreed with but offered NO follow up for future projects. Second, the studio backtracked and re-installed Snyder, who cleaned up the villain you do not like and established a path beyond the movie. Then Warner Bros squashed everything and was left with egg all over their faces, that they threw at themselves.

It is like the real multiverse of madness exists insides the skulls of that studio's executives. :rolleyes::facepalm:

quickccc

Reaction score
It was an introductory move. I do not have any issues with it.

Thanos was spot-checked for a decade before getting the spotlight. He finally grabbed center stage in Avengers: Infinity War after a brief post-credits cameo in The Avengers. Even so, Loki was made numero uno.

My complaint is that Zack Snyder knew what he wanted to do but Warner Bros disagreed. First, they swap Snyder out for Joss Whedon, who went with the villain you disagreed with but offered NO follow up for future projects. Second, the studio backtracked and re-installed Snyder, who cleaned up the villain you do not like and established a path beyond the movie. Then Warner Bros squashed everything and was left with egg all over their faces, that they threw at themselves.

It is like the real multiverse of madness exists insides the skulls of that studio's executives. :rolleyes::facepalm:

Really ? i thought Snyder pulled out of the Justice League because of a personal family tragedy due to the unexpected passing death of his daughter ?
and Joss Whedon was called in to close and seal the remaining pieces of Justice League ? .

https://www.thewrap.com/zack-snyder...l-to-fight-with-studio-after-daughters-death/

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Speaking of which ... I really wonder when we'll start hearing news of a possible Silver Surfer/Galactus full length movie ?

Both are two hugely popular and vastly intriguing figures .. maybe the new Fantastic Four (2024) has to be "successfully" pulled off first before
two are finally introduced into the MCU factor ?

GALACTUS
220px-Galactus_%282018%29.jpg

SILVER SURFER
220px-Silver_Surfer.jpg
y3Xijej.jpg

My guess is that audiences will get either a late movie or post-credits scene tease of Reed "discovering" some unknown cosmic event in deep space he cannot immediately explain during the FF debut reboot. If that tease is about The Devourer of Worlds, I would guess an FF appearance of both him and Norrid Radd might happen between the Fall of 2026 and 2028.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really ? i thought Snyder pulled out of the Justice League because of a personal family tragedy due to the unexpected passing death of his daughter ?
and Joss Whedon was called in to close and seal the remaining pieces of Justice League ? .

https://www.thewrap.com/zack-snyder...l-to-fight-with-studio-after-daughters-death/
Did you read the article? :)

Snyder would have finished the movie HIS way if not for the studio's meddling. He did not feel like dealing with that nonsense due to the death of his daughter. I think any father understands his decision. It would have been extremely likely he would have finished the movie according to his vision while grieving for his loss if not for the Warner Bros' nonsense.

On top of that, Whedon came in and got a quick paycheck for... whatever the <expletive> anyone wants to call what was released in 2017. It has been five years. I am still not convinced the director of THE AVENGERS ($1.5 billion dollars worth of directing effort) did not purposefully sabotage a movie that would later be compared to his superhero team film.

It is not even worth the time hiding Whedon movie idiocy inside spoiler brackets. Perhaps I should mention the cute alien flowers blooming all over the place? Oops. That slipped out.

That movie, and all the accusations that have come out about him in the last few years, really make me want to punch him right dead in the face. :mad: But I still love him for Buffy. :( Oh the heck with it. Where's my shotgun??? :laugh:

quickccc

Reaction score
y3Xijej.jpg

My guess is that audiences will get either a late movie or post-credits scene tease of Reed "discovering" some unknown cosmic event in deep space he cannot immediately explain during the FF debut reboot. If that tease is about The Devourer of Worlds, I would guess an FF appearance of both him and Norrid Radd might happen between the Fall of 2026 and 2028.

i had wonder if the upcoming Guardian of the Galaxy would have an eventual post-credit future play into the far future Kang Dynasty movie, since GOG played into Thanos-Avengers

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i had wonder if the upcoming Guardian of the Galaxy would have an eventual post-credit future play into the far future Kang Dynasty movie, since GOG played into Thanos-Avengers
It could happen. At least one MCU post credit scenes per movie generally ties another film to it. However, the Thanos/Avengers tie-in had already occurred during The Avengers post-credit scene before Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1.

quickccc

Reaction score
It is a shame. If Wesley Snipes were twenty or thirty years younger...

What could have been.

I have no doubt Mahershala Ali will be great but Snipes was born for the role. And his fight choreography would fit right in with the current MCU.

"FROST!!!!!!"

Blade: " Sunblock ..... Looks like your mascara's running ."

https://www.eightieskids.com/wesley-snipes-black-panther-1990s/

It was rumored that Wesley Snipes was the lead favorite to get the Black Panther role in the 90's but the studio workings back then was nothing like it was right now
with the Superhero mania booming as it is.

Just as Snipes was so cool as he was as Blade, .i thought he would have also made an absolutely terrific Black Panther as well,...... :cool:

quickccc

Reaction score
Marvel: 10 Most Powerful Vampires

From Blade to Dracula, Marvel Comics has its fair share of powerful vampires.

Here are 10 powerful vampires that exist in the Marvel Universe.

https://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-most-powerful-vampires/

Dracula
9731cf53e6e454e6a3f6b976553a429d.jpg

Blade
e910a1d41147de7bad707c442930431b.jpg

Hannibal King
d0f289f04b86e038e026095d5e5a1c4c.jpg

Baron Blood
1f6b4612d1c7e6b00245cf18d4770bd7.jpg

Lilith - Daughter of Dracula
fe139ed65a6549cc85f109ab15ebfff3.jpg

Michael Morbius
41ef20005ff0c50cb8d64c88ca91959c.jpg

Deacon Frost
220px-Deaconfrost.png

c2547f1de13f879401dc7b629696f169.jpg

I forgot that both Storm and Lady Sif were also " vampires " at one point (half-vamps)

En route to eventual battles with Thor vs Dracula ..and Xmen vs Dracula

STORM
220px-Storm_%28Ororo_Munroe%29.png

LADY SIF
220px-Sif_%28Marvel_comics%29_cover.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It was rumored that Wesley Snipes was the lead favorite to get the Black Panther role in the 90's but the studio workings back then was nothing like it was right now

Just as Snipes was so cool as he was as Blade, .i thought he would have also made an absolutely terrific Black Panther as well,...... :cool:
Like the article said, Snipes was pitching Black Panther hard. I would think he would automatically be the lead favorite for that reason. :p

I don't know. The character evolved very much from the 1960's/1970's to the 1990's and again from the 1990's to the 2010's when the film was finally made.

There were some core character shakeups in Blade like Kris Kristofferson for instance. However, there was an overall smooth transition from page to screen that worked extremely well for The Daywalker.

I am not certain T'Challa would have transitioned as well between the two mediums before the 2010's. Sometimes optimum opportunities must wait until they are more favorable. Black Panther capitalized on the best CGI technology and strict adherence to the source material. It is hard judging something that never happened but I think a 1990's movie version of the character would not have fared nearly as well as the actual produced film--even with Wesley Snipes back then.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I just couldn't see him pulling off "humble".

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Should Marvel Double Down on MCU Comedies?
By George Chrysostomou | Den of Geek
September 16, 2022

MarvelComediesLead.jpg

The Marvel Cinematic Universe continues to be in flux, and Disney+ offers up the perfect platform for the studio to experiment on, but Marvel has always managed to dip their toe into every genre, whether it was the World War II epic of Captain America: The First Avenger, or the space opera spectacle of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Despite Marvel Studios launching projects within most movie categories, the straight-up comedy hasn’t really been seen quite yet besides Thor: Love & Thunder, which strayed further into the genre than most releases. Disney+’s She-Hulk is the first time that a sitcom has been properly attempted, if the efforts of WandaVision’s reality-bending narrative is ignored. Is Marvel going to be embracing more comedic properties in the near future? Should they even be going down that path? There’s definitely a lot to ponder when it comes to humor and our heroes!

The MCU’s Comedic Tone

It’s fair to say that plenty of Marvel’s properties don’t shy away from a more comedic approach. It’s been a source of discussion for some time if the more dramatic and tense moments of MCU releases are actually undermined by an out of place joke, derailing the moment. Comparisons to other superhero properties have also been made, with the light-hearted quipping of a Spider-Man often used to starkly contrast with the gritty and dark tone of a Batman.

Ignoring the rivalry between the major comic book studios, it’s absolutely plausible that Marvel Studios hasn’t invested in more sitcoms, mockumentaries or other comedy stylings simply because it’s already a feature of their main releases. Speaking of the web-head, his mini documentary of the airport battle in Captain America: Civil War is a perfect example of that comedy line being crossed.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A George Clooney haha moment, courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter article - George Clooney, Don Cheadle and Mindy Kaling Celebrate Opening of Roybal School, Designed to Diversify Hollywood’s Below-the-Line Ranks:

<snip>

Clooney then pivoted to a polite request of the students to focus on the education but not before taking a mini-detour back to where the day started with superheroes. “We’re very excited to be here with you. Now, look, you’re going to have to help us out because this is new and this is education and in our industry, no one really thinks of education,” he explained. “I think that’s fair. You know, if you think of actors, you don’t really think of education in general. If you look at me, you just think, oh, he’s just the best Batman.”

Cheadle then quipped, “Best available.”

“Really, though, Ben Affleck?” Clooney continued of the caped crusader who was also played by Affleck, Christian Bale, Michael Keaton and most recently Robert Pattinson. “He’s got nothing on me.”

<snip>

Read more

Clooney got jokes. :laugh: Cheadle's snipe was likely pre-planned between the two of them but it was really good.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
She-Hulk: Attorney At Law is getting nine episodes. I completely understand why it will not appeal to some viewers. It is a cross between Ally McBeal and a far less satirical Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law, lol. It is definitely WAY different from what Disney/Marvel has been done so far in movies or television. And that is after taking the initial episodes of WandaVision into account.

What I am enjoying most about the show is its slow, detailed character development. They can afford to drag it out given that Tatiana Maslany & Company have nine episodes to do it in.

My question is why did Ms. Marvel only get six episodes? In my opinion, the fifth and sixth episodes were definitely rushed and not fleshed out as much as possible. The series would have benefited with more time to work with like She-Hulk.

Perhaps I should be grateful Moon Knight got the six-episode treatment though. I doubt three extra episodes would have made much of a difference. :facepalm:

quickccc

Reaction score
She-Hulk: Attorney At Law is getting nine episodes. I completely understand why it will not appeal to some viewers. It is a cross between Ally McBeal and a far less satirical Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law, lol. It is definitely WAY different from what Disney/Marvel has been done so far in movies or television. And that is after taking the initial episodes of WandaVision into account.

What I am enjoying most about the show is its slow, detailed character development. They can afford to drag it out given that Tatiana Maslany & Company have nine episodes to do it in.

My question is why did Ms. Marvel only get six episodes
? In my opinion, the fifth and sixth episodes were definitely rushed and not fleshed out as much as possible. The series would have benefited with more time to work with like She-Hulk.

Perhaps I should be grateful Moon Knight got the six-episode treatment though. I doubt three extra episodes would have made much of a difference. :facepalm:

There is a particular super hero forum board that is apparently so very popular and regarded that every odd request for a particular superhero character, they
have pushed for.... (demanded ?) ... that forum board has received it ..
The producers and studios are really listening to then and really investing in them. i used to laugh at their requests because the ones brought up were so unheralded,
i thought it'd never be a chance of being produced, but the last laugh is on me.
It's been truly incredible.

- a request (demand?) for Ant Man ... received it
- a demand for Moon Knight ... received that as well
- Ditto for demand for Ms Marvel (Captain Marvel) .. received it
- Here comes a demand for She Hulk .. well, they got it
- i 'd heard the shout out for a Wonder Man movie .. dunno about a solo film, but apparently WM series in the making.
- and there was a demand for Jack Russell's Werewolf by Night (at same time Moon knight was woo'ed for) . now seem they will get that WBN as well,

It's been really Uncanny ! .

250px-Werewolf_by_Night_%28TV_special%29_poster.jpg

220px-WonderMan-1.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score

She-Hulk: Attorney At Law
is getting nine episodes. I completely understand why it will not appeal to some viewers. It is a cross between Ally McBeal and a far less satirical Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law, lol. It is definitely WAY different from what Disney/Marvel has been done so far in movies or television. And that is after taking the initial episodes of WandaVision into account.

My question is why did Ms. Marvel only get six episodes
? In my opinion, the fifth and sixth episodes were definitely rushed and not fleshed out as much as possible. The series would have benefited with more time to work with like She-Hulk.

My guess work with those such as Ms. Marvel, maybe the limited episodes could be a "trial " period ?
Studios' way of " let's try this out, and see what the audience interest is .or is not ? "

With Ms Marvel,... is one of those that is just not my cup of tea,.. just not my kind of interest.... only watch maybe two episodes
It's like Nicktoons or Disney for kids format.

although i found Moon knight confusing, it got off to a fast start and good pace, and had appealing action sequences, and it was on the move,
i could not see where it was going, as far as the villain content and mystical mystery. but it had spots of comical moments that did not saturate and disrupt the series.

Ms Marvel and She Hulk are striking me as that Love- Thunder comedy format first ..with " spots " of action CGI/sequences.