Comics and Movies

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

DC Studios Boss Addresses Ezra Miller's Future as The Flash After the DC-Resetting Movie

By Anthony Lund | MovieWeb
January 31, 2023

The future of the DCU has been in flux for a few months now, and nothing has been more uncertain than Ezra Miller’s role in the franchise going forward. Set to reprise their role as Barry Allen in The Flash this year, Miller’s off screen actions have brought into question their potential reprisal of the role again beyond the DCU resetting movie. In among the many announcements made today about DC Studios upcoming slate, Peter Safran addressed Miller’s possible return as part of the new DCU. He said:

“Ezra is completely committed to their recovery. We’re fully supportive of that journey that they’re on right now. When the time is right, when they feel they are ready to have the discussion, we’ll all figure out what the best way forward is, but right now, they are completely focused on their recovery. In our conversations with them over the last couple of months, it feels like they’re making enormous progress.”

Read more
They? Does Miller have multiple personality disorder?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Data or Lore?
I believe Data was killed in Star Trek Nemesis, so this would have to be another version.

Anything is better than Spiner trying to play human.

:laugh:
My money's on Lore. He had gotten dismantled but it would not be the first time a Soong android was reassembled.

It would be a good twist for Picard's final season too. Lore could never replace Data but it would be interesting how everyone, who loathed him before, would feel about him trying to redeem himself. Lore is freaking infamous. :laugh:

I like Brent Spiner. He could have continued playing his Soong/human ancestors.

However, it makes zero sense for a near-infinite existing android to alter his features to simulate aging in order to feel more human. Data did that. I'm assuming Lore will have done the same thing unless they think of another excuse explanation for Spiner's physical appearance.

In my opinion, it would have been better for another younger actor to have taken over the role. It ain't right but time marches on for everyone, even android characters.

nobody

Reaction score
I am glad seeing Gunn tap into the wide ranging DC Universe. It should never be restricted to the handful of the most known characters.

His inclusion of Wildstorm characters does peek my interest. To be honest, I never bought any of the issues before or after DC acquired it but I do remember seeing them on newsstands.

My hope is that same enthusiasm will eventually introduce the Dakota/Earth-M Milestone characters at some point--especially if he really wants the reimagined DCU to gain a real edge. Both Wildstorm and Milestone started in the early 90's and I loved characters and teams like Static, Icon & Rocket and Blood Syndicate.

The Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow project is what interests me the most from Gunn's announcement. To say I was disappointed with CBS/The CW series would be an understatement. I am eager to see how the character is brought back, even if it starts with Kara Zor-El growing up in Argo City lol.
I thought that season 1 (when it was on CBS) was decent, especially the first few episodes. It wasn't great but it wasn't the train wreck the CW turned it into.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It has to be Lore or a rebuilt B4. Data was, as mentioned, destroyed in Nemesis and his final existence was turned off by Picard at the end of Season 1 of Picard. My bet is Lore.
I think so too, but with time travel and alternate universes, you can't be sure yet.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Just watched that yesterday. The wings on the ankles doesn't work for me at all. I'd prefer just some unexplained ability to fly, like most other flying supers.

To be honest, while there were some very good parts and some extremely good acting, the whole movie overall was about a 7/10 for me.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why Bruce Timm Was Never Offered A Live-Action Film After Batman: The Animated Series
By Joe Roberts | Slash Film
February 3, 2023

Back in the day, DC used to run the superhero movie business. Before Marvel became a cinematic juggernaut, its rival was pumping out superhero fare and hitting home runs almost every time. From 1978's "Superman," to 1989's "Batman," all the way through to the unfortunate case that is "Batman & Robin," DC and Warner Bros. went unchallenged in the cinematic superhero sphere.

Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy aside, things have changed. Marvel continues to dominate not just the superhero genre, but the box office in general. Fortunately, James Gunn and Peter Safran are gearing up to help re-establish DC as a worthy rival with phase one of their cinematic universe. That will mean DC's biggest hero, Batman, will have two on-screen versions, with Gunn looking to cast a new Dark Knight for his planned "The Brave and the Bold" film while Matt Reeves continues his gloomy saga with 2025's "The Batman: Part II."

Reeves and whoever ends up directing "The Brave and the Bold" are just the latest in a series of esteemed directors to take on the Dark Knight. But since the beginning of that illustrious live-action Batman movie history, there's been a giant Bruce Timm-sized hole. Hugely influential in the evolution of Batman over the past three decades, for many fans, Timm and Eric Radomski's "Batman: The Animated Series" is the definitive depiction of the Dark Knight, but Timm has had a hand in the character's animated exploits ever since that show debuted back in 1992.

Timm has proven his worth as a custodian of Batman

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:laugh:

The X-Men Are Running Attack Ads on Each Other

By James Whitbrooks | Yahoo! News/Gizmodo
February 3, 2023

Since the dawn of Marvel’s Krakoan Age, mutantkind has held an annual vote to induct the latest team of X-Men to be Krakoa’s public-facing representation to the world of superheroes at large. In the real world, fans have played a part by being able to vote for one member of the lineup, and it’s usually a bit of fun—but this year feels different.

This week Marvel kicked off the 2023 X-Men Vote, with six potential candidates—Jubilee, Juggernaut, Dazzler, Cannonball, Prodigy, and Frenzy—facing the public for a chance to become an X-Man (again, for several of them). As usual, each character’s own stans took to social media to support their fave by lambasting the competition, but in a strange twist... so did the candidates.

Read more

dsturgeon

Reaction score

It is not movie related, but this trailer reminded me of it for some reason. It was late night 2 weeks ago. I was walking by a parking garage, and because of the echo, I heard from the street this really strange yelling/argument happening between a bunch of people. I can't describe the sound of it. It took me about 5 minutes to find the entrance and the stairs up to the floor. I get up there and there are about 15 women and no men. 2 are fighting on the ground with their dresses pulled up, 2 are standing up fighting, one with here top pulled down, 4 in each others faces yelling nonsense and making hand gestures, and some were standing around. I watched for about 10 minutes before it broke up when they all took notice of me. During that time the fighting and yelling alternated between the women. It was all incoherent because of the echos, and it was bazaar. The sound reminded of the demon speak in the movie constatine

A revolution

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Just watched that yesterday. The wings on the ankles doesn't work for me at all. I'd prefer just some unexplained ability to fly, like most other flying supers.

To be honest, while there were some very good parts and some extremely good acting, the whole movie overall was about a 7/10 for me.
It’s just not the same without Boseman, although for sure the best attempt I’ve ever seen in a franchise trying to carry on without replacing the actor.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

@Roadtrip635 you will want to jump to the 4:53 video mark. ;):D

Meh. I don’t understand the whole keep some characters, lose others. Nothing wrong with resetting… the ‘Snyderverse’ definitely had opportunities, but as they say in Tropic Thunder, never go half-… reboot.

In memoriam of the DC Snyderverse, here are my rankings of the movies. (Doesn’t include anything not connected with same actors or cameos like Joker, The Batman, Green Lantern, etc)

#1 Peacemaker (Deadpool in DC)
#2 Man of Steel (Made up for that wreck Superman Returns)
#3 Aquaman
#4 Wonder Woman (There you go, 3 solid origin movies, they only screwed up with the Justice League stuff.)
#5 Suicide Squad 2
#6 Black Adam
#7 Batman vs Superman
#8 Justice League Snyder version
#9 Shazam
#10 Justice League Wheedon version
#11 Suicide Squad 1
#12 Birds of Prey
#13 WW84

Did I forget one?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
It’s just not the same without Boseman, although for sure the best attempt I’ve ever seen in a franchise trying to carry on without replacing the actor.
I think they did a poor job of moving on with the funeral, all the references. It seemed like a waste of time.

I really liked the plot line.

The saharan part of africa used to be covered in vegetation, and some believe the "Eye of Africa" was atlantis. Wakanda is said to be sub saharan but it is cool to think about a hidden city of advanced technology over there.

They are still finding massive cities and pyramids with LiDAR in south america. The amazon rain forest seems to be an overgrown garden. The whole civilization down there disappeared due to "disease", but it is cool to think that they moved underwater.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3a/Quetzalcoatl_feathered_serpent.svg

America=Amaruca=Land of the Plumed Serpent
The feathered serpent god Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl had the feathered plumes/wings on his tail and around the head, and you see both in the wings on Talocan's ankles, and around the head in what some of his people are wearing